Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks Hope to Exploit Miners Blitz

Started by Mike Irwin, September 01, 2015, 11:04:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Arkansas offensive line coach Sam Pittman has an answer for those who wonder if the Razorbacks up front personnel will be ready for the steady diet of blitzing Texas-El Paso is expected to dial up in Saturday's season opener for both teams.

"I don't think UTEP will blitz us more than we've blitzed us," (in the preseason) Pittman said to a crowd of reporters who circled him following Tuesday's practice. "If they do they'd have to blitz us in pregame as well. We've certainly been blitzed a lot with a variety of different looks."

"Now if they run a base front we might be in trouble," Pittman joked.
-------------------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/razorback-hope-to-exploit-miners-blitz

Hawgzinbowlz

Good game for The Hogs to see a heavy blitz team that will help us prepare for our Real Season.

" GO HOGS "

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HeismanHawg

Expect lots of big plays from all the blitzing. Game will be over by mid 2nd qtr.

PorkRinds

If they stick to the blitz we may get to see a lot more of our passing game than we may have thought.

nchogg

scruf

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 02, 2015, 03:12:13 pm
If they stick to the blitz we may get to see a lot more of our passing game than we may have thought.
Especially the screen game.

DeltaBoy

Yep Enos' play action game will get going !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

GolfnHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 02, 2015, 03:12:13 pm

Which is the very reason I believe BA throws 3 TD's to start the year
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

moses_007

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 01, 2015, 11:04:50 pm
Arkansas offensive line coach Sam Pittman has an answer for those who wonder if the Razorbacks up front personnel will be ready for the steady diet of blitzing Texas-El Paso is expected to dial up in Saturday's season opener for both teams.

"I don't think UTEP will blitz us more than we've blitzed us," (in the preseason) Pittman said to a crowd of reporters who circled him following Tuesday's practice. "If they do they'd have to blitz us in pregame as well. We've certainly been blitzed a lot with a variety of different looks."

"Now if they run a base front we might be in trouble," Pittman joked.
-------------------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/razorback-hope-to-exploit-miners-blitz

Has anyone in history used the word blitzed more one short statement?

I think half the crowd will be blitzed Saturday, and the more blitzed the crowd gets the more each team will blitz.

I tried but I couldn't do it.

Biggus Piggus

"At Memphis, versatile meant lots of blitzes from lots of positions with lots of different paths for the blitzing player to take to the quarterback."

"Coach Mike McCoy on Monday praised Charger backups for how they handled Arizona's heaviest blitzes – blitz zero – to muster a game-winning drive in Saturday's exhibition."

"Understanding the defences, how they line up, how they blitz and how to pick up blitzes is going to be huge for me this year."
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 02, 2015, 03:37:48 pm
Yep Enos' play action game will get going !

It can be hard to play action with all out blitzes coming all the time. BA will need time to drop back with blitzes coming, so play action may slow it down too much. That is IF their blitzes can get through our OL consistently, which is doubtful.  You would use the quick passing game and hopefully some screen passes to force them out of the blitz.

jgphillips3

Enos will have BA eat them alive if they blitz too much. He may not be an AA QB but he will punish an undermanned UTEP team if they do that.  Reed, Cornelius, Hatcher and Henry will FEAST on their secondary.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 02, 2015, 04:55:40 pm
Enos will have BA eat them alive if they blitz too much. He may not be an AA QB but he will punish an undermanned UTEP team if they do that.  Reed, Cornelius, Hatcher and Henry will FEAST on their secondary.

Yep. Until they back off and then the run game will finish them off.

BorderPatrol

GuvHog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 02, 2015, 04:58:48 pm
Probably 10-12 more screens than normal.

bp

I'm more than ready to see that and I'm also excited about watching the Hog defense STUFF the miners offense.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SamBuckhart

TE 's could have career best days also. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Biggus Piggus

This game will be interesting because of the so-called run blitzes that UTEP employs. They are small in the secondary, and their linebackers are short. One end is linebacker-sized. They will run blitz from different angles, using the three safeties in their base defense. It is an obvious tactic to use against Arkansas, because so often the Hogs are obviously running.

Arkansas has had a strong tendency to run on first downs. I guarantee you that UTEP will run blitz on first downs. They can make this a game if they put the Hogs in second and long a lot. Can do this by catching the runner in the backfield, disrupting a long-developing play, or forcing BA to throw + getting Arkansas out of rhythm.

This is where we see whether Dan Enos has rebuilt the offense into a more dynamic, flexible machine. How bad will it hurt to gamble against Arkansas? To overload? If a team like UTEP can get away with it, the offense has a lot of work to do before it is SEC-ready.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

I expect Enos to carve UTEP up like a Thanksgiving Turkey !

havok

I expect a Win..a big one, but I am hoping we get a ton of snaps for the 2nd & 3rd Team Olinemen.

Reading the article about the NFL drooling over so many of our Juniors.. added to the already listed 1st team linemen who are seniors.. we MUST get game experience in these type games, for players (linemen especially) we will lean on heavily next season to fill spots that will be vacated.

lasthog

Quote from: OTR on September 02, 2015, 04:38:20 pm
Has anyone in history used the word blitzed more one short statement?

I think half the crowd will be blitzed Saturday, and the more blitzed the crowd gets the more each team will blitz.

I tried but I couldn't do it.

We talking bout blitz.