Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting tweet

Started by 870hogfan, September 01, 2015, 04:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

Just saw this on Twitter.

Baylor has pushed back 2019 game vs. Incarnate Word one season to Sept. 5, 2020. Clears way for rumored BAY-ARK game in Houston

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

zane

RIP LSUfan

jgphillips3

rljjr

Quote from: Doyle Hograves on September 01, 2015, 04:15:45 pm
Incarnate Word?

Yes, private Catholic school in San Antonio. Great school, but man, nowhere near a real football team.

MJ2

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 01, 2015, 04:13:23 pm
Just saw this on Twitter.

Baylor has pushed back 2019 game vs. Incarnate Word one season to Sept. 5, 2020. Clears way for rumored BAY-ARK game in Houston

Need to avoid that game.    We need wins.

870hogfan

Quote from: MJ2 on September 01, 2015, 04:30:58 pm

What?  So, you don't think Arkansas can beat Baylor?

gmarv

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 01, 2015, 04:17:36 pm
I second this.  Who knew they even played football?
I was looking at uteps schedule and they play them also,was planning on asking this same question.

BassinHawg

Assuming that Baylor still has a football program then.......
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

MJ2

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 01, 2015, 04:35:41 pm

What?  So, you don't think Arkansas can beat Baylor?

Already have 8 TOUGH conference games a year.    Not sure we need to be a SUPERBOWL for some other very good teams that are out to prove themselves.

870hogfan

Quote from: MJ2 on September 01, 2015, 04:37:59 pm
Already have 8 TOUGH conference games a year.    Not sure we need to be a SUPERBOWL for some other very good teams that are out to prove themselves.

Arkansas will manhandle them.

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 01, 2015, 04:40:56 pm

It's no gimmie. Even if we win 60% of the time, that's a 40% chance of a loss.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 01, 2015, 04:40:56 pm

Agree. They would think they got hit by a bus or a Mack truck

NuttinItUp

Baylor may be bad again by then...

MissippHog

If your a chicken-little then don't refer to Arkansas as we. 

No reason to think we can't hang with The Mighty Baylor Bears.  Gimme a break.

Hawghiggs

Baylor is wanting to beef up it's out of conference schedule. Looking to add Arkansas Tech.

GB-Razorback

Rumor is that Incarnate Word has a hole in their 2019 schedule.  I say sign them up!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Hogarusa

Opening with Baylor and then pushing back Michigan a few weeks plus the 8 (maybe 9 by 2019) conference games and hey, we should get Incarnate Word on the schedule in 2019 for the love of pete. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Dwight_K_Shrute

Need to avoid that game. Don't need herpes
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wild Bill Hog

Incarnate Word?

I think they beat Immaculate Heart of Mary a couple of years ago.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

lefty08

Ricky Williams, yes that Ricky, is/was a coach at Incarnate Word
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 01, 2015, 05:14:17 pm
Baylor is wanting to beef up it's out of conference schedule. Looking to add Arkansas Tech.

Don't diss the Wonder Boys they could surprise Baylor.

hogman99

Incarnate Word?

They are a member of the Southland Conference with UCA. Also, Ricky Williams is one of there assistant coaches.

jneal56

Yeah because we sure would hate for our team to compete against quality OOC opponents. 12 games against P5 conference teams. Thats the way to play!!!
"At least we are moral"

MultipleScoreGasms

Please no...  Not another SWC matchup...  Especially not a "Holier than though" school that endangers their student body while hiding violent criminals on their depth chart...  They don't deserve this game, and we don't owe them credibility.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 01, 2015, 07:25:15 pm
Don't diss the Wonder Boys they could surprise Baylor.
Well they do have that QB from southern miss now.

(notOM)Rebel123

2019?....hmmm, let's see, how many players on today's roster will even be around in 2019? Who knows who the coaches will be. Sorry to be Debbie-Downer but geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 01, 2015, 05:14:17 pm

Didn't we learn in another thread today that if you say Arkansas anything the rest of the world thinks you are playing The Arkansas Razorbacks?

Seems that as all Arkansas residents are fans of The Arkansas Razorbacks outsiders think there is only one college is in the whole state.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 01, 2015, 08:35:57 pm
Didn't we learn in another thread today that if you say Arkansas anything the rest of the world thinks you are playing The Arkansas Razorbacks?

Seems that as all Arkansas residents are fans of The Arkansas Razorbacks outsiders think there is only one college is in the whole state.
UCA trumps Ark. Tech

Hawghiggs

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 01, 2015, 08:37:41 pm
UCA trumps Ark. Tech

What's the difference they both have Arkansas in the name so that beefs up anyone schedule.

Them Razorbacks are tough or so they are saying.

(notOM)Rebel123

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 01, 2015, 08:40:53 pm
What's the difference they both have Arkansas in the name so that beefs up anyone schedule.

Them Razorbacks are tough or so they are saying.
OK...duly noted.

Choctaw Hog

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they react to a challenge.  Go cry in a corner and we'll let you know when it's safe to return. 

Hawghiggs

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 01, 2015, 08:44:06 pm
FCS beats D-2
Kinda the point. D-2 only has 35 schollies. Where as FCS has 65.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 01, 2015, 09:26:11 pm
Kinda the point. D-2 only has 35 schollies. Where as FCS has 65.

I see. My bad. Wasn't sure what you meant when you just said "FCS and D2". ;)

Ethan2010

Quote from: hogman99 on September 01, 2015, 07:54:00 pm
They are a member of the Southland Conference with UCA. Also, Ricky Williams is one of there assistant coaches.

Former razorback linebacker myke tavarres plays for them as well.

MJ2

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on September 01, 2015, 09:07:42 pm
You can tell a lot about a person by the way they react to a challenge.  Go cry in a corner and we'll let you know when it's safe to return. 

I appreciate your kindness.

MJ2

Quote from: MissippHog on September 01, 2015, 05:09:03 pm
If your a chicken-little then don't refer to Arkansas as we. 

No reason to think we can't hang with The Mighty Baylor Bears.  Gimme a break.

U of A graduate, contributor, lifelong fan, lived thru the SWC days and the lean SEC days.   I think I can say "we" without much shame.

MissippHog

Quote from: MJ2 on September 02, 2015, 08:45:22 am
U of A graduate, contributor, lifelong fan, lived thru the SWC days and the lean SEC days.   I think I can say "we" without much shame.
Then don't be a chicken-little.  How are we supposed to ascend to the top when you say you are afraid to schedule someone?

Hogarusa

Who knows what the programs will be like in 2019 but some of you talk about Baylor like they haven't gone 40-12 over the past 4 seasons.  Right now, they would be a more formidable opponent than Michigan, our other 2019 non conference game.

I know I know, they don't play SEC West football or defense.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

MS_HogFan

Quote from: MissippHog on September 02, 2015, 08:51:59 am
Then don't be a chicken-little.  How are we supposed to ascend to the top when you say you are afraid to schedule someone?

He is not saying he is scared of Baylor. He is saying we don't NEED to play someone like that. We can ascend to the top by beating the teams in our conference. There is nothing to gain by playing a team like that.
SOOIE

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 02, 2015, 09:06:31 am
He is not saying he is scared of Baylor. He is saying we don't NEED to play someone like that. We can ascend to the top by beating the teams in our conference. There is nothing to gain by playing a team like that.

For the sake of watching the game it's nice to play a formable foe but you are absolutely right, we don't have to play top five teams, we just need to win the SEC.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 02, 2015, 08:52:50 am
Who knows what the programs will be like in 2019 but some of you talk about Baylor like they haven't gone 40-12 over the past 4 seasons.  Right now, they would be a more formidable opponent than Michigan, our other 2019 non conference game.

I know I know, they don't play SEC West football or defense.
I would expect Michigan to be a real animal by the time 2019 rolls around.  Harbaugh, even if he has moved on, will have that team in much better shape in 4 years.  I hope we don't jeopardize the Michigan series for Baylor though.  I am really looking forward to trekking up to Ann Arbor and watching the Hogs in the Big House.

North hog

I think they were also slated to play Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle. 

ricepig

Looks like it's for 2020, as we don't have a P5 scheduled that year.

https://twitter.com/FBSchedules/status/639095209129709568