Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There is no wolf howl in the Hog Call

Started by SwazyHog, September 01, 2015, 09:13:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2013/08/31/there-is-no-wolf-howl-in-the-hog-call/

Where in the world did this wolf howl hog call come from? I hear it more and more every season and can't stand it
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

I've heard the cheerleaders doing it. I think that's how they teach it now, though I agree that it's not right.

010HogFan

hawganatic

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 01, 2015, 09:15:54 am

Yup, this has been talked about, re-hashed, dissected, scrutiinized, to the point that the horse has been beaten, skinned, and meat roasted over an open flame.

hogdoc97

This dead horse needs to be beat again! I can't stand the howl either. 010HogFan must be a howler.

The Hogfather

This is important.  We can't let it continue to happen.  It will become the new normal (we're getting close right now).

Pulled(PP)pork

move all games from LR, that's where the wolf howl started!!

PP

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 01, 2015, 09:26:34 am

PP
So you thought one pot of ........ was not enough to stir in one Thread LOL!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 01, 2015, 09:15:54 am

False!!! The horse is not dead until there is not a single bird necked, band geek or tank wearing, spoiled frat boy doing that ghey howl!!! 
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

September 01, 2015, 09:31:17 am #9 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:41:21 am by KlubhouseKonnected
Quote from: SwazyHog on September 01, 2015, 09:13:36 am
http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2013/08/31/there-is-no-wolf-howl-in-the-hog-call/

Where in the world did this wolf howl hog call come from? I hear it more and more every season and can't stand it

Sir, you are a scholar, a patriot and a man of honor. Keep doing God's work.

Uncommon

PP
Not going to lie, I did hear a wolf howl Hog Call for the first time at War Memorial in 2006 when we played LSU.  I guess I should've quarantined it.  Now it's starting to spread like a virus.

HappyHog

I think people are trying to get the taste of Pepsi out of their mouth.  Go back to Coke and we will lose the wolf call.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

010HogFan

Quote from: hogdoc97 on September 01, 2015, 09:24:08 am
This dead horse needs to be beat again! I can't stand the howl either. 010HogFan must be a howler.

Must be it.

Peppa Pig

PP

I heard that it was DGB that started the wolf call...

ricepig

Quote from: HappyHog on September 01, 2015, 09:35:38 am
I think people are trying to get the taste of Pepsi out of their mouth.  Go back to Coke and we will lose the wolf call.

I love it when a poster can quickly delve into a problem and disseminate the answer on the first page. +1  for the outstanding effort.

010HogFan

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. It's all the band's fault. They put out a CD of "official" tracks years ago and the very first track was the Hog Call...preceded by...you guessed it...the wolf howl. Took off from there.

younghog

I love every word...

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Laughing Hog

The only wolves in the state that I know of are located east. There is no howling in the hog call. It needs to be 're-edunatcated' back to the original. For those that are doing it............. just stop!
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

HawgLife4Eva

thefisher

I was under the understanding that it spread through the introduction of the anthracite (gray/grey) jerseys. In essence it brought  the gray/grey wolf into the hog call.   If they had only gone with the all black jerseys this nonsense would have been stopped in its tracks!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

cypress rock

RazrRila99

There is a freshman video with CBB leading the Hog Call and theres no "howl" in it.  Maybe we will start getting it right. 

Vantage 8 dude

Totally agree. This stinks!! "Revisionist history and tradition" at its finest.

KlubhouseKonnected

PP

Red Wolf plants... ASU could not afford the gas money to send them to Fayetteville games back then.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogdoc97 on September 01, 2015, 09:24:08 am

Freakin' howler..! I'd rather be an Aggie than a freakin' Howler..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

KlubhouseKonnected

If you know someone who does this it is your solemn duty to deal with them. Do your part to be an uncommon fan.

RME

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 01, 2015, 10:55:39 am
If you know someone who does this it is your solemn duty to deal with them. Do your part to be an uncommon fan.

But if the howling is done by a minority of fans, wouldn't they be the uncommon ones?

rwspear

some of the things yall care about...

...smh

staffhog

Quote from: Laughing Hog on September 01, 2015, 09:53:07 am
The only wolves in the state that I know of are located east. There is no howling in the hog call. It needs to be 're-edunatcated' back to the original. For those that are doing it............. just stop!

I think you've hit the nail on the head by calling attention to the fact that some of our fans want to graft an Arkansas State influence into our Hog call.

Would this be "latent red wolf syndrome"?

Hey Super

They taught us the wolf howl at freshmen orientation. Big room full of 18 year olds that didnt know each other howling under gritted teeth and a forced smile. Good times guys.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Fake Jeff Long

Aaaooo  aaaoooo aoooooooooo Pig Sooooooieee! Can't wait for Saturday!

FJL

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WorfHog

pigture perfect

The first time I heard it was on my cell phone notifications. I blame the Japanese.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

RME

NaturalStateReb

Always thought the wolf thing sounded really weird. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: HappyHog on September 01, 2015, 09:35:38 am

Usually starts out as hog call. Wolf call starts about the 4th beer.  After that, they can't really tell the difference...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

OLDHOG

phadedhawg

As long as the fans are making noise when the other team has the ball I don't really care. 

Uncommon

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 01, 2015, 01:18:43 pm
As long as the fans are making noise when the other team has the ball, not making noise when we have the ball, and not doing the War Memorial wave I don't really care.
FIFY

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 01, 2015, 01:18:43 pm
As long as the fans are making noise when the other team has the ball I don't really care.

...I don't see it as a big big problem........sometimes a person can get overcome
with emotion and just start howling....they revert to a pre-existing condition...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

BadHog

Email Jean. She's in charge.

Jean Nail
Staff
Cheerleading & Pom Pon Squad
(479) 575-6534

jnail@uark.edu

Spirit Advisor
JBAR14
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

1hogfan

If you don't know how to start it, go to Bud Walton and read it.

ChiTown27

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 01, 2015, 09:25:41 am
This is important.  We can't let it continue to happen.  It will become the new normal (we're getting close right now).

Agreed. The howl ruins it. Never should have been tolerated.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Tyro3

Maybe we need to have the cheerleaders hold up signs with the correct pronunciation, with the disclaimer, ( please do not HOWL )