Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Polo shirt help, please ...

Started by McKdaddy, August 28, 2015, 11:37:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

http://shop.arkansasrazorbacks.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Polos_Everything_Nike/pg/1/ps/60/so/newest_items

Look at the polo on the 2nd row in the middle, the "team issue performance polo" that is labeled as being "cardinal" color.
Compare it to the polo on the top row on the right side, the "coaches sideline" that is labeled as crimson.

I've looked up the official colors on the UA site, but am not sure exactly which of these 2 shirts is closer to our official colors.  The pics referenced here appear as if neither is our official panatone 201.

Sorry for the lame thread.  I'm an out-of-stater that hasn't been able to see these in person and would simply like to order 1 that is most similar to our official color.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

31to6

Cardinal is the traditional color.

Edit: for the rest of your question, the Crimson shirts are conspicuously dark in my opinion. The ones called "cardinal" are very close to what we had always been accustomed to and that is what I would buy.

Nike has "adjusted" our official color scheme recently, changing the 'cardinal' a bit to present better in different media (dry fit fabrics, etc) and have added anthracite as an alternate color to allow some "modern" uniform schemes.

The_Iceman

McKdaddy

Thanks gentleman.  I lean towards grabbing the "cardinal" shirt.

DoctorSusscrofa

The website colors look almost reversed to me.  Old time cardinal was always a little darker, duller red and crimson was just a little brighter.  Here the brighter color is called cardinal and the darker is called crimson.  In fact their "cardinal" almost looks scarlet. Of course pictures are also sometimes difficult to judge color anyway.  The lighting can make a big difference and these items were photographed separately.

I hope this helped!  ;) ;D ??? :P :-\
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

McKdaddy

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 28, 2015, 12:49:12 pm
It all depends on the lighting and picture:

http://shop.arkansasrazorbacks.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Mens_Polos/Mens_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Nike_Cardinal_Preseason_Football_Dri-FIT_Polo

Wow.  On Mike, in that lighting, that is the color of the Hogs' gear I want.  But in the link you provided, that is not the color I'd want.

PorkSoda

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 28, 2015, 12:50:50 pm
Wow.  On Mike, in that lighting, that is the color of the Hogs' gear I want.  But in the link you provided, that is not the color I'd want.
you would think they could get the lighting right when taking pictures of the gear to put on line.

but then again, like everything, its probably outsourced.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DoctorSusscrofa

I know that pantone is probably not right with this, but here's one take on what scarlet, crimson, cardinal, etc. look like.  The cardinal is slightly darker, duller than crimson, and crimson is not as bright as scarlet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_red
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

McKdaddy

Helpful responses guys. +1's all around.

jvanhorn

Be a cold day in hell before I pay $75.00 plus shipping for  a damn polo shirt.  I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

McKdaddy

Alright, I ordered 3 polos. I'll keep the one that fits/feels the best w/ the closest color to ours.

McKdaddy

Quote from: jvanhorn on August 28, 2015, 02:41:01 pm
Be a cold day in hell before I pay $75.00 plus shipping for  a damn polo shirt.  I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Meh, to each their own.

WorfHog

Quote from: jvanhorn on August 28, 2015, 02:41:01 pm

McKdaddy is throwing around money like an Ole Miss recruit.  ;)

pigbacon

1highhog

McKdaddy

Quote from: WorfHog on August 28, 2015, 08:01:35 pm
McKdaddy is throwing around money like an Ole Miss recruit.  ;)

Ha, I'll return the others!!!!!!

McKdaddy

Quote from: pigbacon on August 28, 2015, 08:23:15 pm
Can't go wrong with white.

My dad didn't let me go to games unless I wore red. A good guy,  but it was red or bust.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 28, 2015, 09:02:06 pm
My dad didn't let me go to games unless I wore red. A good guy,  but it was red or bust.

Which I've now passed down to my kids.

McKdaddy

Update: all 3 polos are the same shade of red.

Tejano Jawg

Quality control question—why are there about 8 different reds on that shirt page??

If you're the guy buying/ordering the shirts, decide on the right color (cardinal) then make sure all the stuff NikEE sends you match that. C'mon billion dollar NikEE, surely a company like you can get your color dyes in order.

If they do match, the guy laying out that web page needs to adjust the photos/colors so they're closer.

Finally, we should not have a shirt called "crimson" on our website.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

redeye

McKdaddy

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 03, 2015, 10:07:15 pm
Quality control question—why are there about 8 different reds on that shirt page??

If they do match, the guy laying out that web page needs to adjust the photos/colors so they're closer.

Based on my small sample size (3 polos), they do match, appear to be our right shade of red, and have no maroon appearance. The coaches polo has a unique pattern that can't be seen well on the site.

Torqued pork

Quote from: redeye on September 03, 2015, 10:24:31 pm
That maroon color is awful.
Maroon is butt-ugly. It should only be the official color of irritable bowel syndrome.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 03, 2015, 11:00:09 pm
Based on my small sample size (3 polos), they do match, appear to be our right shade of red, and have no maroon appearance. The coaches polo has a unique pattern that can't be seen well on the site.

OK, I feel better then. Thanks for the update.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

NuttinItUp

September 03, 2015, 11:25:37 pm #25 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:57:13 am by NuttinItUp
Nice.

McKdaddy

McKdaddy

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 03, 2015, 11:08:57 pm
Maroon is butt-ugly. It should only be the official color of irritable bowel syndrome.

Ha, hadn't that before, +1

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 03, 2015, 11:08:57 pm

Perfect description. No wonder MSU is in Starkville.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi