Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your rating of the SEC teams as of right now

Started by 12247, October 01, 2017, 11:46:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is mine:  BAMA--------------Georgia--Auburn---------A&M--Florida--MSU--S. Carolina--LSU--Vandy--Kentucky--Arkansas--Tennessee--Ole Miss--Mo.

Hoggish1

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2017, 11:46:23 am
Here is mine:  BAMA--------------Georgia--Auburn---------A&M--Florida--MSU--S. Carolina--LSU--Vandy--Kentucky--Arkansas--Tennessee--Ole Miss--Mo.

Let me re-arrange that for you, a bit:

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M/Arkansas Tie for 4th)
6. Florida
7. South Carolina
8. Kentucky
9. Vandy/Miss State (Tie for 9th)
11. Missouri
12. Ole Miss

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 01, 2017, 12:11:06 pm
Let me re-arrange that for you, a bit:

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M/Arkansas Tie for 4th)
6. Florida
7. South Carolina
8. Kentucky
9. Vandy/Miss State (Tie for 9th)
11. Missouri
12. Ole Miss

We certainly aren't tied with A&M after they beat us.

Boardon Hamsay

Bama
UGA
Aubbie
Aggie
MSU
gators/Hogs/Cocks
Vandy/Vols/UK/Troy
Bayou Dwellers
Rebel Bear Land-sharks
Mrs. Mizzou

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Biggus Piggus

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. Florida
5. Texas A&M
6. Kentucky

7. Great, nebulous mass - Arkansas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Tennessee

13. LSU
14. Missouri
[CENSORED]!

Hoggish1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 12:17:24 pm

That's why I have them tied with us for 4/5.  The season needs to play out.  I'm counting on them crashing and us getting better—like usual.

je100

1.      Bama
2.      Auburn
3.      Georgia
4-11. Everyone Else
12.    Vandy
13.    Ole Miss
14.    Missouri

YtownHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 12:17:24 pm

Really?  We literally tied them in regulation. Pretty even teams if you ask me.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 01, 2017, 01:05:45 pm
That's why I have them tied with us for 4/5.  The season needs to play out.  I'm counting on them crashing and us getting better—like usual.

Because we played so well in the Missouri game and Belk bowl at the end of last season..

NuttinItUp

Quote from: YtownHog on October 01, 2017, 01:09:29 pm
Really?  We literally tied them in regulation. Pretty even teams if you ask me.

Shouldn't have been tied in regulation if they had the extra 4 points that the refs took away from them.

SPAL

Bama
Auburn
Georgia
TAMU
Florida
Miss st.
Arkansas
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vandy
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Lsu
Mizzou

ShadowTheHedgehog

Bama
Georgia
Auburn
TAMU
Florida
Arkansas
Miss st.
Kentucky
South Carolina
Vandy
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Lsu
Mizzou

RazorbackAlways

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
5. Florida
6. Tennesse
7. LSU
8. South Carolina
9. Kentucky
10. Missouri
11. Arkansas
12. Miss State
13. Vanderbilt
14. Ole Miss
[/quote]

Porkchop#1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 01:11:22 pm
Shouldn't have been tied in regulation if they had the extra 4 points that the refs took away from them.
But take away the 7 the refs gave them on the missed holding on the kickoff return and we win by 3.

sickboy

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on October 01, 2017, 01:31:15 pm

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
5. Florida
6. Tennesse
7. LSU
8. South Carolina
9. Kentucky
10. Missouri
11. Arkansas
12. Miss State
13. Vanderbilt
14. Ole Miss

South Carolina I think is pretty even with Arkansas. Kentucky, LSU and Mizzou are definitely all playing worse football than Arkansas right now.

I'd also take us over Tenn.

hogcard1964

Bama
Georgia
Auburn
Miss st.
Florida
Kentucky
Texas A & M
LSU
South Carolina
Arkansas
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Ole Pee

sickboy

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2017, 02:02:38 pm
Bama
Georgia
Auburn
Miss st.
Florida
Kentucky
Texas A & M
LSU
South Carolina
Arkansas
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Ole Pee

Texas A&M is a meltdown with a freshman QB away from being 5-0. There's no way you can rank them below a Kentucky team that had trouble beating Eastern Michigan this weekend.

Porkchop#1

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
5. Florida
6. Tennesse
7. LSU
8. South Carolina
9. Kentucky
10. Missouri
11. Arkansas
12. Miss State
13. Vanderbilt
14. Ole Miss

You know LSU lost to Troy last nite, right?  And tinner lost to Jawga like 50-0

sickboy

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 01, 2017, 02:07:10 pm
You know LSU lost to Troy last nite, right?  And tinner lost to Jawga like 50-0

I don't think most people even watch what other teams do. They just look at their records and their name.

Albert Swinestein

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
5. Florida
6. Tennesse
7. LSU
8. South Carolina
9. Kentucky
10. Missouri
11. Arkansas
12. Miss State
13. Vanderbilt
14. Ole Miss

Interested in understanding your logic of having LSU at #7 and Mississippi State at #12 after Miss State just pounded LSU 37-7.  Also, interested in the Tennessee ranking at #6.  Not aiming this at you, but I have never understood the fascination/obsession over Tennessee on Hogville over the years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: sickboy on October 01, 2017, 02:06:25 pm
Texas A&M is a meltdown with a freshman QB away from being 5-0. There's no way you can rank them below a Kentucky team that had trouble beating Eastern Michigan this weekend.

That may be true... as of right now I should probably flip them.  I do think Kentucky is a better team however. ...but you're right.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: sickboy on October 01, 2017, 02:08:26 pm
I don't think most people even watch what other teams do. They just look at their records and their name.
Lol...those teams are so good that even a crushing loss is of no consequence!

HognotinMemphis

It does not matter where other teams rank within the conference. I will tell you where I see Arkansas fitting in as of now.

I would put only Missouri behind Arkansas. I do not think Arkansas could beat any other SEC team right now. Arkansas is close to Miss St and LSU and Ole Miss but games at the moment with any of those 3 would be a toss up at best for Arkansas.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 01, 2017, 02:18:31 pm
It does not matter where other teams rank within the conference. I will tell you where I see Arkansas fitting in as of now.

I would put only Missouri behind Arkansas. I do not think Arkansas could beat any other SEC team right now. Arkansas is close to Miss St and LSU and Ole Miss but games at the moment with any of those 3 would be a toss up at best for Arkansas.
So we arnt even close to SC?  Who got beat in regulation by the team that took us to overtime last week?

Just wanting to see your doom and gloom on that as well.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 01, 2017, 02:25:52 pm
So we arnt even close to SC?  Who got beat in regulation by the team that took us to overtime last week?

Just wanting to see your doom and gloom on that as well.
You will see in 6 days how close Ark is to SC. I could be wrong but i am probably not. I think SC will win by 7 to 10 points. SC is probably the 9th best program in SEC, in front of Arkansas, Vandy, Missouri, Ole Miss, and Miss St.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

sickboy

Bwhahahaha. Yeah, right. Have watched any of these teams play football?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 01, 2017, 02:29:08 pm
You will see in 6 days how close Ark is to SC. I could be wrong but i am probably not. I think SC will win by 7 to 10 points. SC is probably the 9th best program in SEC, in front of Arkansas, Vandy, Missouri, Ole Miss, and Miss St.
I believe a 1 score game is a toss-up... but that's me.  If they control us and we get beat by a TD, then that's a different kind of loss.  Still a loss either way. But if we can go into SC and leave with a W, that should calm this place down a bit... but it won't. Then we will hear how awful SC is that the list to us and A&M.

From Tusk Till Dawn

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. TA&M
5. Florida
6.  Miss St
7.  Arkansas
8.  Kentucky
9.  South Carolina
10. LSU
11. Tennessee
12. Ole Miss
13. Vanderbilt
14. Missouri

I see 6-14 almost as interchangeable.  Things can change fast, just a few years ago Missourri won the east 2 years in a row and now look at them. 

870hogfan

Than you're an idiot...

I believe between spots 5 and 14, there is less than a touchdown difference.  Teams of the caliber we are talking about can have really bad games that could make a larger difference but overall the difference in those 10 teams isn't much.  This conference is pitiful this season so far.

Porkchop#1

That's a little bit overly pessimistic, we could even be as high as 4th/5th.  Before last season, the team had played better, even pretty well, as the season progressed.  Hopefully we can return to that this season.

rhames

Quote from: sickboy on October 01, 2017, 02:08:26 pm

And come here to tell us how bad we suck.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Bama.
Georgia
Auburn
Texas AM
Florida
SC/miss State/Kentucky/Arkansas
Vandy
Ole Miss
Tennessee
LSU
Missorui

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

I'm also not too sold on where I have Florida. They can be moved into the Hodge podge section of my list.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 01, 2017, 04:54:47 pm
Some of you obviously don't watch sec football lol.  Most of you have florida above us, which is laughable. Last year we were 3 touchdowns better than them and we still are. It is painful to watch them play offense.
But but but...they was good when Tim Tivo was there.

KennyForAD

jcul28

1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. Florida/AnM

6-12. You can pretty much put in any order and it change weekly.

13. Missouri
14. Ole Miss

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 01, 2017, 01:56:06 pm
But take away the 7 the refs gave them on the missed holding on the kickoff return and we win by 3.

We have uncalled holds as well. Whining take. They beat us in regulation wit multiple explosive plays.

FANONTHEHILL

Alabama.........................................................................

Georgia...............

Everyone else.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Dominicanhog

Bama 1st team
Bama 2nd team
Georiga
Auburn
A&M
Middle tier.. Fla, USCe, MSU. LSU, Ark, UK

Bottom tier.. Vandy, Old Mrs. Missery  UT,

GoHogs1091

1.  Alabama (injuries to key defensive players are piling up though)
2.  Georgia (haven't played anyone yet; Notre Dame is mediocre)
3.  Auburn (has played 1 good team, and Auburn gave up 11 sacks to that 1 good team)

Huge gap

The rest of the SEC is mediocrity.

Hoggish1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 01:10:25 pm
Because we played so well in the Missouri game and Belk bowl at the end of last season..

You can keep basking in your downward spiral philosophy but CBB's teams have improved each year he's been here until last year.  I'm choosing to see last year as an anomaly.  See it as the glass nearly drained if it makes you feel good.

Again, why are you on this board?

Hoggish1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 01:11:22 pm

LOL  You can see it that way but there were things, after that play, that the refs did that need to accounted for if you want to play that game.

Letsroll1200

Bama
Georgia
Auburn
Florida
Texas A&M
Miss State
Tennessee
South Carolina
LSU
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Missouri

Bubba's Bruisers

There isn't an SEC team remaining our schedule, other than maybe Missouri, that isn't a coin flip game at best for us.  We will win some of them and lose some.  Probably 6-6.

1. BAMA

2. UGA
3. AU

Everybody else except...

14. MO
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Silver Hog

You people kill me that can't be honest with how bad we are. We are not above 12th in the league, not matter how much you love the hogs.

bphi11ips

It''s Alabama and Georgia. Smart is making a difference at Georgia sooner than expected. Saban's system at Georgia is scary, especially post-FBI/IRS cleanup. It will take five years to flush the paid recruits ftom the system. Cheating will morph into something different eventually, but things are about to get better for teams that haven't relied on bagmen for years. Georgia is closer to more talent than anyone.

The rest will jockey for bowl position. Auburn is the best of the rest. Florida is an eastern version of LSU with a better defense and more speed at WR. A&M hasn't been beaten up yet. Arkansas may be the best after Auburn. The truth is that anyone in the bottom 11 can beat anyone else in the bottom 11, and homefield is most likely to be the difference in the majority of games.

The SEC is still without a doubt the best collection of talent from top to bottom in the country.

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hoggish1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 01, 2017, 02:33:04 pm
I believe a 1 score game is a toss-up... but that's me.  If they control us and we get beat by a TD, then that's a different kind of loss.  Still a loss either way. But if we can go into SC and leave with a W, that should calm this place down a bit... but it won't. Then we will hear how awful SC is that the list to us and A&M.

Ain't this post the truth! 

All that has to happen is we win a few SEC games and it will be proof that the SEC is not as good as the Sun Belt.

I keep asking myself how we could be so lucky with such great fans...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 01, 2017, 06:25:13 pm
You people kill me that can't be honest with how bad we are. We are not above 12th in the league, not matter how much you love the hogs.

They are not watching other SEC teams. Arkansas hasn't won their last 4 games against Power 5 schools.

Hoggish1

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2017, 04:32:22 pm
I believe between spots 5 and 14, there is less than a touchdown difference.  Teams of the caliber we are talking about can have really bad games that could make a larger difference but overall the difference in those 10 teams isn't much.  This conference is pitiful this season so far.

So a great conference is Bama in the west and FU or UGA in the east.  The rest can suck it.  SEC SEC SEC!  LMAO