Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 07:15:39 am

Macon

Started by ShadowHawg, January 17, 2018, 08:12:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Killing us right now.

He is the issue with this team.  He is only playing on the offensive end and being incredibly selfish at that.

On defense, he gives up the second he feels contact on picks. Absolutely killed our zone and Florida saw it. They started picking Macon at the top, penetrating off that and getting dunks, lay ups, and 3's at will. Macon went out and Jones played that spot, fought through the pick and we started getting stops.

If he will quit playing for himself this team will be good. He is a great player and just needs to get right between the ears.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

But I thought he was almost pro-ready?

navyhog24

I'd rather watch next years freshmen class make freshmen mistakes than watch our seniors play like freshmen.

lynbug

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 17, 2018, 08:12:42 pm
Killing us right now.

He is the issue with this team.  He is only playing on the offensive end and being incredibly selfish at that.

On defense, he gives up the second he feels contact on picks. Absolutely killed our zone and Florida saw it. They started picking Macon at the top, penetrating off that and getting dunks, lay ups, and 3's at will. Macon went out and Jones played that spot, fought through the pick and we started getting stops.

If he will quit playing for himself this team will be good. He is a great player and just needs to get right between the ears.
Remember the chip on his shoulder he has because he didn't make pre-season first team SEC?  He said he would prove everyone wrong.  Well,  he's certainly trying to prove something but it's not in the team's best interest.

TNhawgfan

Always a few exceptions, but most of the time you cannot build your team around juco players
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Letsroll1200

Killing us right now.

I just call him aryl Macon because I can't find the D. He hasn't dailed in on that side of the floor. You can see it. It's setting the tone for the team.

hogwood

Killing us right now.

He has an attitude problem and most have known this for a while. It's part of the reason why he can be such a vital player on this team, but is also a reason he can destroy this team when he plays poorly. He is certainly not displaying senior leadership. I'm sure the losses and poor performances are messing with his ego thus making him make poor decisions to try and rectify it. He's certainly not level-headed and can be brash. If Mike could just give Macon some of his coolness and take on some of Macon's fire then this team might be alright.

whippersnapper

He is dialed in on himself as with beard

razorpimp

He should not be starting that is for sure!  I would sit his butt for a while, he needs to have a short leash and be taught a lesson....

Mike better reign in him, Barford, and beard or it's not going to improve

Rbill

He was in the doghouse for a while last year too. I remember his play dipping and our mid season slump and then it turned around. Unfortunately I think the turnaround was more from the senior leadership and guys refusing to lose. If I recall correctly coach even all but called him out for it publicly too. Not sure if I foresee a similar turnaround this year, and I more or less agree with the OP, but I think the real issue is no leadership anywhere to be seen.

mizzouman

Macon loves to carry the ball. It will be called at the worse possible time at one point this year.

rude1

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 17, 2018, 08:32:28 pm
Always a few exceptions, but most of the time you cannot build your team around juco players
Agreed. We are witnessing the accumulative results of 5-6 years of average to bad high school recruiting trying to be masked by adding jucos and low level transfers. The jucos have managed to stop some of the bleeding but the programs ceiling appears to be already reached.

LRHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on January 17, 2018, 10:25:20 pm
Macon loves to carry the ball. It will be called at the worse possible time at one point this year.

Miss st.

Nickle-Pig

has lost his bacon
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

logic

Quote from: gguillo on January 17, 2018, 08:16:44 pm
But I thought he was almost pro-ready?
Arkansas doesn't have any pro-ready (that is, NBA ready) players. The only player that might get drafted this year or by the time they graduate is Gafford and he's not going play on an NBA team or than the development league for two or three years.

Barford might play in the European league.  He has near zero chance of ever playing in the NBA.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 17, 2018, 09:41:34 pm
He is dialed in on himself as with beard

Agree they have a pact don't get the ball to Gafford.