Bennett Moehring from Bentonville just kicked a 48 yard field goal for Navy

Started by oldhawg, November 02, 2017, 07:20:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

swineology

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

secfan30

It's not like the kicker we recruited wasn't highly ranked. For some reason he couldn't cut it in games.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Rudy Baylor

10 to 12 yards at a time

That's how you build up to that

Next is 58 to 60

Plus I've been drinking

Boarcephus

I noticed that Navy's vaunted triple option that some on here are clamoring for  has gained around 50 yards total offense against Temple midway through the 2nd quarter. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

oldhawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 02, 2017, 07:59:58 pm
I noticed that Navy's vaunted triple option that some on here are clamoring for  has gained around 50 yards total offense against Temple midway through the 2nd quarter. 

Temple is having their way so far, on both offense and defense.

I suggest our kicker can still kick the ball if his attitude is in the correct frame of mind.  Wonder how much we practice that Special Teams situation?  Of course, we don't know.

Bacons Rebellion

Nice kick.

Moehring is now 4-8 for the season on field goal attempts.

hawgmasta

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on November 02, 2017, 07:32:44 pm
That would never work in the SEC!

Naw...we had Cole Hedlund who was rated as one of the best kickers in the nation. Sorry the 2-star from NWA didn't end up in F'ville. Geez.
It was Moehring's first FG between 40-49 yds, at 48 yards.
Limpert is 1/2 from 40-49'yds and is 5 of 6 on FG this year.
His longest is 48 yards, as well.

Must we start a thread every time some kid from Arkansas does something for another school?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 02, 2017, 08:32:09 pm
Nice kick.

Moehring is now 4-8 for the season on field goal attempts.

Well, he's a .500 kicker.....but I bet he doesn't have much of a buyout. #hireMoehring!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

sowmonella

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 02, 2017, 08:53:48 pm
Naw...we had Cole Hedlund who was rated as one of the best kickers in the nation. Sorry the 2-star from NWA didn't end up in F'ville. Geez.
It was Moehring's first FG between 40-49 yds, at 48 yards.
Limpert is 1/2 from 40-49'yds and is 5 of 6 on FG this year.
His longest is 48 yards, as well.

Must we start a thread every time some kid from Arkansas does something for another school?

This ^^^^^^^^^^.  This is the whiniest group on the interwebs.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

OLPHog

Moehring was a heck of a kicker at BHS.  With B Lunny Jr ties, it was quite surprising that the hogs didn't even offer him as a preferred walk on.  He never missed and consistently kicked it thru the endzone.

hogginbama

Quote from: OLPHog on November 02, 2017, 11:12:18 pm
Moehring was a heck of a kicker at BHS.  With B Lunny Jr ties, it was quite surprising that the hogs didn't even offer him as a preferred walk on.  He never missed and consistently kicked it thru the endzone.

You do realize that kicking short of the goal line is strategy right? Kick short, force them to run back with plan to stop them short of 25 yd line or cause a turnover. If you blast it through the end zone each time you set them up at 25 every time and have no chance for a strip.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

presidenthog

PharmacistHog

Quote from: presidenthog on November 03, 2017, 02:46:54 am
Not sure the point of this thread now that limpert is kicking

The point is we have to criticize every single move bielema has ever made because he is the anti-christ.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OLPHog on November 02, 2017, 11:12:18 pm

Ever consider that he have wanted to attend the Naval Academy?
They offer a pretty good education up there.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Pork Twain

Pretty sure we recruited a higher ranked kicker, that did not work out.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

lawhawg20

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 03, 2017, 05:06:54 am
The point is we have to criticize every single move bielema has ever made because he is the anti-christ.

True story. I was behind Bielema in line at Raising Cane's when the Hogs came through Arlington. The joker ordered a box combo when the caniac combo was sitting there ripe for the taking. It's no wonder he can't win more than 8 games in the SEC. He should be fired for that decision alone!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: lawhawg20 on November 03, 2017, 07:26:31 am
True story. I was behind Bielema in line at Raising Cane's when the Hogs came through Arlington. The joker ordered a box combo when the caniac combo was sitting there ripe for the taking. It's no wonder he can't win more than 8 games in the SEC. He should be fired for that decision alone!

I have no idea what any of that means but sounds like he should be flogged for it. Just for safety's sake.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

ricepig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 03, 2017, 07:31:04 am
I have no idea what any of that means but sounds like he should be flogged for it. Just for safety's sake.

I was thinking, hang him in front of a firing squad, but flogging will work.....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldhawg

Wow.  Some folks seem to be ultra sensitive.  There was no ulterior motive, no intended criticism of Arkansas kickers or coaches, no expected analysis of why or why not Arkansas signed so and so kicker.  I like and support the Service Academies (as well as Razorbacks of course); I watch and attend their games when I can; once upon a time I retired from the Army, but my son attended the USNA.  Was enjoying watching the game (except Temple was man-handling Navy), and thought I would mention an accomplishment by a young Arkansan ---- no intended criticism of anyone or anything.  This was intended as an innocuous, positive comment about a young man from Arkansas, I really did not expect any comments at all. 

hogsanity

Quote from: oldhawg on November 03, 2017, 08:41:57 am
Wow.  Some folks seem to be ultra sensitive.  There was no ulterior motive, no intended criticism of Arkansas kickers or coaches, no expected analysis of why or why not Arkansas signed so and so kicker.  I like and support the Service Academies (as well as Razorbacks of course); I watch and attend their games when I can; once upon a time I retired from the Army, but my son attended the USNA.  Was enjoying watching the game (except Temple was man-handling Navy), and thought I would mention an accomplishment by a young Arkansan ---- no intended criticism of anyone or anything.  This was intended as an innocuous, positive comment about a young man from Arkansas, I really did not expect any comments at all. 

I'll take you at your word on the intent, but did you honestly think that certain posters here would not use it to take shots at BB or Hedlund? Never mind that the kid at Navy is only 4-8, there are some here who were going to act like he is a record setting kicker in college.

Given the choice of kicking at AR, and kicking for any of the service academy teams, a kid would be crazy not to choose the later, especially if he wants to make the military his career.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

oldhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on November 03, 2017, 09:41:01 am
I'll take you at your word on the intent, but did you honestly think that certain posters here would not use it to take shots at BB or Hedlund? Never mind that the kid at Navy is only 4-8, there are some here who were going to act like he is a record setting kicker in college.

Given the choice of kicking at AR, and kicking for any of the service academy teams, a kid would be crazy not to choose the later, especially if he wants to make the military his career.

Unfortunately, my perception was faulty, "I chose unwisely."  :)

OLPHog

Quote from: hogginbama on November 02, 2017, 11:45:00 pm
You do realize that kicking short of the goal line is strategy right? Kick short, force them to run back with plan to stop them short of 25 yd line or cause a turnover. If you blast it through the end zone each time you set them up at 25 every time and have no chance for a strip.
Do you not remember the A&M game?  We don't have the coaching to cover a kickoff properly.

OLPHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 03, 2017, 05:45:35 am
Ever consider that he have wanted to attend the Naval Academy?
They offer a pretty good education up there.

Agree, but he wasn't even contacted.