Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Cornette

Started by motownhog, March 26, 2014, 02:50:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

motownhog

Anyone catch his shoots and interviews on You Tube? He comes off as angry as hell, but IMHO he is a genius in the wrestling world. :razorback:
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

hvsupastar

Love listening to Cornette and he is very smart. I won't say he is a genius because he isn't complete in his thoughts. In other words he is a genius about the wrestling but not about the showmanship part of it.

One of my favorites he does is where he shoots on Johnny Ace and I've. He puts over JR big time.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hogwop

I can listen to Cornette for hours. The guy cracks me up. I love the Dairy Queen Incident.

He and Paul Bearer have a dual shoot that's pretty good to listen to.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Hogwop on March 26, 2014, 06:40:17 pmI love the Dairy Queen Incident.

Jericho instigated the whole thing, yet Cornette takes the heat.  Hilarious.

DeltaBoy

I love Cornette and the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Big Papa Satan

Got to meet Jimmy Hart a few years ago at a show in LR.  Nice guy.  I was surprised to see that he was my height, but when you stand next to a Hogan or Tonga for years like he did, most people seem smaller than they really are.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 01, 2014, 02:49:09 pm
Got to meet Jimmy Hart a few years ago at a show in LR.  Nice guy.  I was surprised to see that he was my height, but when you stand next to a Hogan or Tonga for years like he did, most people seem smaller than they really are.

I saw him once back in the 1980s Barton Coliseum, he was a hoot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 09, 2014, 08:10:53 am
I saw him once back in the 1980s Barton Coliseum, he was a hoot.

Coincidentally, I also met the guy at Barton.

Same night where I stood ten feet away and watched Abdullah the Butcher take a fork to some poor guy.  Even knowing it was all a work, it still was a little intimidating.  Abby is a monster when he's in character, nice as can be when out of it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2014, 12:05:22 pm
Coincidentally, I also met the guy at Barton.

Same night where I stood ten feet away and watched Abdullah the Butcher take a fork to some poor guy.  Even knowing it was all a work, it still was a little intimidating.  Abby is a monster when he's in character, nice as can be when out of it.

Mid-South came to Barton at least 2 times a year.  Always a great show.