Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to give credit

Started by hvsupastar, February 18, 2014, 11:09:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

John Cena vs Cesaro was a Helluva match. We all know Cesaro is a great working hand, but he looked like a bonafide superstar last night. John Cena, to his credit, stood there toe to toe with him in the ring. That match elevated both guys. The best match on RAW in several months.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Richard_white

I remember Bret Hart shoot interview a couple years ago. He said Flair was proud that he could wrestle a mop and make it entertaining. Bret said, I could wrestle the mop water and make it more entertaining.

Cena was just the mop or the mop water. Cesaro carried this so called maineventer.

Eddie Goodson

Cesaro and bryan are the two best wrestlers in the WWE rightnow imo.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Richard_white on February 18, 2014, 07:29:52 pm
I remember Bret Hart shoot interview a couple years ago. He said Flair was proud that he could wrestle a mop and make it entertaining. Bret said, I could wrestle the mop water and make it more entertaining.

Cena was just the mop or the mop water. Cesaro carried this so called maineventer.
Before this one, when was the last great singles match on Raw? It was Cena vs Sandow. I guess Cena was carried then too. What's considered the best title match in the last few years? It's Cena vs Punk. I guess Cena keeps getting lucky and having the best matches.

Even the guy you quoted, Bret Hart, says Cena is really good in the ring. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 19, 2014, 08:18:07 am
Cesaro and bryan are the two best wrestlers in the WWE rightnow imo.
In ring I would say that is right. Before Bryan left for WWE, he said Cesaro was better in the ring than him which is high praise.

I'm hoping Cesaro finishes 2nd in the Chamber (I'd like it if he won but we know that's not going to happen). It would be a big push and keep his current momentum.

hvsupastar

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2014, 12:37:27 pm
In ring I would say that is right. Before Bryan left for WWE, he said Cesaro was better in the ring than him which is high praise.

I'm hoping Cesaro finishes 2nd in the Chamber (I'd like it if he won but we know that's not going to happen). It would be a big push and keep his current momentum.

I think the REAL Americans need to come to an end soon but Dutch needs to stay and be Cesaros mouth piece
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Richard_white

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2014, 12:34:04 pm
Before this one, when was the last great singles match on Raw? It was Cena vs Sandow. I guess Cena was carried then too. What's considered the best title match in the last few years? It's Cena vs Punk. I guess Cena keeps getting lucky and having the best matches.

Even the guy you quoted, Bret Hart, says Cena is really good in the ring. 

I'm not sure if you were being serious but I will assume that you were. Sandow/Cena had a great singles match?  I guess that's your opinion.  My standards are a little higher than what we see today. Granted, Dolph, Bryan, Sandow, Cesaro, Punk and even Cody are very good workers.  It's kind of embarrassing to even mention Cena. But everyone has an opinion.

Since you mentioned two gret matches with Cena I can name hundreds of very poor to embarrassing matches of Cena. Starting just recently with WM 28.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Richard_white on February 19, 2014, 01:49:49 pm
I'm not sure if you were being serious but I will assume that you were. Sandow/Cena had a great singles match?  I guess that's your opinion.  My standards are a little higher than what we see today. Granted, Dolph, Bryan, Sandow, Cesaro, Punk and even Cody are very good workers.  It's kind of embarrassing to even mention Cena. But everyone has an opinion.

Since you mentioned two gret matches with Cena I can name hundreds of very poor to embarrassing matches of Cena. Starting just recently with WM 28.
Sandow cashing in his Mitb on Cena is seen as a great match. Not my problem if you don't get that.

Richard_white

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2014, 01:52:19 pm
Sandow cashing in his Mitb on Cena is seen as a great match. Not my problem if you don't get that.

It was shown as a great match because everyone in the building was pulling for Sandow. As far as the quality of match,it was average.  Again my standards are different from yours.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Richard_white on February 19, 2014, 01:55:20 pm
It was shown as a great match because everyone in the building was pulling for Sandow. As far as the quality of match,it was average.  Again my standards are different from yours.
Sure thing..

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 19, 2014, 01:48:51 pm
I think the REAL Americans need to come to an end soon but Dutch needs to stay and be Cesaros mouth piece
I think they need to peel Cesaro off from RA and replace him with someone else and make them faces. The WWE is NEVER going to see Zeb over as a heel as long as the majority of people in the audience agree with what Coulter is saying. If they are going to ever see them as heels, they have got to change the message. The We the People chants are getting louder and louder every week.

I'd like to see what Cesaro could do on his own with a mic in his hand. You could very well be right that he needs Dutch's help and Dutch is certainly one of the greats with a mic in his hand.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 19, 2014, 03:25:52 pm
I think they need to peel Cesaro off from RA and replace him with someone else and make them faces. The WWE is NEVER going to see Zeb over as a heel as long as the majority of people in the audience agree with what Coulter is saying. If they are going to ever see them as heels, they have got to change the message. The We the People chants are getting louder and louder every week.

I'd like to see what Cesaro could do on his own with a mic in his hand. You could very well be right that he needs Dutch's help and Dutch is certainly one of the greats with a mic in his hand.

Yes

Another guy who needs a manager is Roman Reigns.

Doug

You heard it here first!

Cesaro and Reigns as a tagteam... a heel one at that. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)