Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Styles/Magnus and my critique of TNA

Started by Nipsey Mussle, January 10, 2014, 01:33:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

That was a hell of a main event. I'm sure some would've preferred more one on one action between the two but I enjoyed all the moving parts and excitement. This was a much better episode of Impact.

TNA still needs attention to detail for moments like:
1.  Bobby Roode being in total shock and utterly afraid when told he was set to face Sting. That reaction didn't make sense at all. Sting is someone you respect but not someone that strikes fear in that manner. And after acting scared out of his mind to face Sting, he marched in the ring and was in attack mode. Just not a good job of capturing what his true emotions would be..

2. I'm not a big fan of Michael Cole, but watching TNA reminds me of how well WWE uses their announcers. I noticed during the Angle vs EGO match tonight, the announcers would be talking and then Angle would go wild in the ring and the Tenay and Taz would simply continue bantering as if it wasn't occurring at all.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 10, 2014, 01:33:47 am
That was a hell of a main event. I'm sure some would've preferred more one on one action between the two but I enjoyed all the moving parts and excitement. This was a much better episode of Impact.

TNA still needs attention to detail for moments like:
1.  Bobby Roode being in total shock and utterly afraid when told he was set to face Sting. That reaction didn't make sense at all. Sting is someone you respect but not someone that strikes fear in that manner. And after acting scared out of his mind to face Sting, he marched in the ring and was in attack mode. Just not a good job of capturing what his true emotions would be..

2. I'm not a big fan of Michael Cole, but watching TNA reminds me of how well WWE uses their announcers. I noticed during the Angle vs EGO match tonight, the announcers would be talking and then Angle would go wild in the ring and the Tenay and Taz would simply continue bantering as if it wasn't occurring at all.
Truth be told Tennay and Taz were not even in the arena when that taping took place. They voiced over in Nashville after the fact. The reason for that was that this wrestling took place almost a month ago and was not in order. That did have some affect.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 10, 2014, 09:42:43 am
Truth be told Tennay and Taz were not even in the arena when that taping took place. They voiced over in Nashville after the fact. The reason for that was that this wrestling took place almost a month ago and was not in order. That did have some affect.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that was from a month ago. I'm not sure how TNA keeps everything straight with all of their back to the future programming. I enjoyed the show last night though for the first time..maybe ever (first time I've watched in a while). Tenay/Taz are knowledgeable to the extreme but the matches never feel important when they are calling it. I think Cole (with lots and lots of help from wwe in the past) is much better than Tenay. Of course, for my money JR is the best all time.

Eddie Goodson

Cole and JBL are as good as it gets. Michael Cole became a legend in one night. Last year when Lawler died at Cole's feet and Cole kept on doing his job, he became a legend. He wanted to go to pieces for his friend and couldn't. My respect for him skyrocketed that night.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

who knows

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 10, 2014, 03:06:15 pm
Cole and JBL are as good as it gets. Michael Cole became a legend in one night. Last year when Lawler died at Cole's feet and Cole kept on doing his job, he became a legend. He wanted to go to pieces for his friend and couldn't. My respect for him skyrocketed that night.

I totally agree with you...you could feel the sadness and pain in his voice...whenever the camera would pan his way during the match and you could see him...he looked absolutely devastated...and WWE finally just said Cole we're gonna take you off the air...I didn't care to much for him until then...he was still the heel announcer then...hasn't been since...much respect for that guy for holding it together that night...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.