Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we starting to see rifts in The Shield and HHH/Orton?

Started by myriad_rocker, December 10, 2013, 05:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

myriad_rocker

December 10, 2013, 05:24:20 pm Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:18:59 pm by myriad_rocker
Last night's Raw showed some tension in The Shield.  Ambrose seems to be taking more charge than the other two would like for him to.  The tension was there at the podium when they presented a Slammy and it was there when CM Punk went up against Ambrose.  Something's brewing.

I was kind of surprised by the end of Raw when HHH gave Orton the pedigree.  Is Cena making a heel turn?  Or is HHH making a face turn?  I guess we'll know more on Sunday at TLC.

What's up with the Wyatt/Bryan angle?  I have the feeling that Bryan is going to make a turn and end up with the Wyatts in some odd angle.  What say ye?

I'm sticking by my guns that The Uso's should get a bigger push.  I like those guys.

What's going on with Sin Cara?  The dude stinks and they're putting him over Alberto Del Rio?  I'm not a Del Rio fan at all, but he's better than Sin Cara by miles.  Looks like Sin Cara screwed the pooch on a move off the rope at the end.  Del Rio looked to hit the canvas pretty hard.  Looked like he was legit hurt.  He was in the ring later that evening and looked pretty somber.

CM Punk needs to get back in the main spotlight with some more interesting angles.  Preferably as a heel...he played it so well.  Even though peopled still liked him.  He was kind of a quasi face.

Eddie Goodson

Until the final segment of Raw last night I was beginning to want Bryan to actually join the Wyatts. If Vince McMahon hasn't seen by now that Daniel Bryan is the most popular wrestler on his roster, he never will. The app voting shows just where Bryan is in the public's eyes. Vince has got to rethink any thoughts of lessening Bryan's exposure.

They did a lot in that last segment last night. I agree with Jim Ross that that was the best promo John Cena has ever cut.

Punk-HHH began last night.

A very interesting angle which could find us seeing Cena and The Authority working together and Orton left in the cold.

Bryan with the double knees to HBK would be an awesome start to a WM match, though it isn't likely.

The Shield breakup seeds are starting to sprout for sure. Roman Reigns will be a main event superstar one day. I'm ready to see it too.

Back to Bryan and the Wyatts, I can see so much potential with Bryan joining them but why would they want to mess with him being so over. I think it would backfire on them and actually end up getting the Wyatts over as faces instead of heels. Bryan and the Wyatts "taking down the WWE". I could see it. It could be epic.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Eddie Goodson

And that is not the original Sin Cara. I think they are using Hunico, or whatever his name is, under the mask. (One of Los Matadores). The original Sin Cara is back in Mexico and won't be returning. The WWE wants to continue the Sin Cara character because it is a money maker merchandize wise.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 10, 2013, 07:19:56 pm
And that is not the original Sin Cara. I think they are using Hunico, or whatever his name is, under the mask. (One of Los Matadores). The original Sin Cara is back in Mexico and won't be returning. The WWE wants to continue the Sin Cara character because it is a money maker merchandize wise.

Yep, Hunico is playing Sin Cara now.  The ending last night was nice.  Gives you something to think about.  Though I don't see a heel turn for Cena, I see this playing out until Jan. 

As far for Roman, no one will be over until Cena is pretty much done.  Unless you want to put Roman Reigns as the #1 heel.

One more thing. I liked how Cena used a little shoot while addressing to Orton.  Though I didn't like the comments about Dolph.  Cena still using the shovel.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 10, 2013, 07:19:56 pm
The WWE wants to continue the Sin Cara character because it is a money maker merchandize wise.
Surely you jest.  I don't see how Sin Cara would generate ANY merch sales.  Although I can stomach him better than Los Matadores.  Ugh.

Eddie Goodson

Serious as can be. Revenue is sugnificant enough the WWE put up with Sin Cara's crap for this long. They've decided to keep it going.

jbcarol

How about Roman Reigns v. Undertaker at WM?

He speared a shieldmate after an "eye injury" on the outside (attempted to spear Punk and went over the announce table).  Punk picked up the win.

Orton is the unified title holder without either outside interference or a Cena heel turn.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SwinerBock

I'd hate to see them split the Shield up.  Personally, I think their storyline still has some legs.  But alas, it may be better to split them up now, rather than going too long, and risking having it devolve into the Shield "Black and White" and the Shield "Wolfpack".

Eddie Goodson

The truly hard part is ending a faction at the right time. They wait too long most times. IMO it is better to end it a tad early than go too long.

hvsupastar

I bet the Shield will fight each other in a triple threat at Wm just like legacy
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 16, 2013, 05:55:43 pm
I bet the Shield will fight each other in a triple threat at Wm just like legacy
I hope Roman Reigns is in the World Title mix by this time next year. But I can totally see what you say coming to pass.

I really think Roman Reigns has the potential to be one of the next mega stars.