Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ark vs LSU

Started by jackflash, November 10, 2017, 09:53:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

if  Arkansas stop the run can they beat LSU

jst01

PorkRinds

We can't stop the run. But we should have 8 in the box all day long.

Pork Ranger

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: jackflash on November 10, 2017, 09:53:59 am
We wont be able to stop the run because our coaches wont blitz. Yeah lets go beat LSU with a prevent defense  :puke:
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jst01

I wouldn't be shocked if this final score looks closer than the actual game was, something like 24-14.  But it'll be one of those games where its 24-0 going into the 4th and the Hogs go 3 n out on their first 9 possessions but score some garbage points with less than 5 mins to play.

hawgmasta

code red

Did we clone 5 more Agims?  What am I missing here?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

woodhog14

Arkansas is #94 in the country in rush defense. Does this sound like a defense that can stop a top 20 rushing offense?

LSU 45
Arkansas 13

EastexHawg

The question that immediately came to my mind was..."Have you actually watched us (attempt to) play defense the last two years?"

I have no idea how anyone could watch what we have done on the field and not finally catch on.  We have played six P5 teams...and yes, I am generously including Ole Miss...and they have averaged 43 points per game against us.  In SEC play it's 46 ppg.  Texas A&M 50...with their backup QB.  South Carolina 48.  Alabama 41.  Auburn 52.  And yes, even Ole Miss...37 with their backup QB.

Speaking of backup QBs, Coastal Carolina scored 38 and almost beat us with THEIR backup QB playing most of the game.

All this comes on the heels of giving up 37 per game last year in SEC play.  That was the worst Arkansas defense anyone had ever seen...until this year came along.

I can't stand LSU and their QB isn't fit to play in the SEC, as could have been said about just about everyone they have put on the field in the last decade, but they are going to go through this defense like...well, in the interest of keeping it family friendly I will say a hot knife through butter.

On the flip side when we have the ball they are going to spend more time in our backfield than Kelley and Whaley, but that's another story.

elksnort

Yes they can IF.

IF they can stop the run...

Do you see this happening?

hogsolutely

42-14 LSU DG 200+ yards running the ball.

MJ2

solitons

we beat them, because I heard Alex Collins (they don't have a game this weekend), Hunter Henry, and Dan Skipper will dress up and play for us. but please don't let the outsiders know, let's keep the secret inside here.

LoL, go hogs, beat LSU just like in 2014 and 2015

Paulsooie

If we can stop the run, and run the ball, you bet.  With the current seasons body of work I'm not confident we can do either against this team though.  I'm afraid they are going to be our daddy, and daddy is going to spank us.
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

Hogindasticks

Replay of the Auburn Game.....gonna be identical.  We knew they were running at us...couldn't stop them..same ol same ol.

Pecos Hog

Oh, please stop.   This defense can't stop anything.    Guice is going to set records tomorrow.

mckinneyhog5

LSU won't come close to scoring 50. Anyone thinking that doesn't watch football.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 07:30:18 pm
LSU won't come close to scoring 50. Anyone thinking that doesn't watch football.

Well, when they are playing one of the worst teams in college football anything can happen.    How many points did Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina score on us?    Can't get much worse than those 2. 

dfwalumdad

this is getting pathetic.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Why would LSU run the ball when a backup QB from Coastal Carolina threw the ball all over the field and according to our head coach "Just really confused us with their passing game"
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."