Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggers/Martin Sweep SEC POTW

Started by TebowHater, March 19, 2018, 03:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

Biggers hit .588  with 2 2B, 2 HR, and 7 RBIs capturing SEC player of the week.
https://twitter.com/SEC/status/975778973278928896

Martin hit .350 with 3 HR and 7 RBIs last week capturing SEC freshman of the week.
https://twitter.com/SEC/status/975780530133372934

And some (i.e., DVH) could argue that Martin didn't even have that good of a series this weekend by his own standards. Chased the most pitches he ever has...and yet he is still SEC FOTW...incredible.

Great to see Jax get going again. That will be big

howie76

Got a good feelin we're gonna see a lot more of these from the hogs!

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Pudgepork

Fletcher is shaking loose from his slow start, as is Biggers.  When the team is really clicking, they should be as good as those LSU teams we hated

Congrats to the POTW

Dirty

Have we had both like that before? 

Pig Papi

Isaiah Campbell could (should) have easily been SEC pitcher of the week as well. 

ucahogfan

While Fletcher only hit .250 against Kentucky, it was the best he has swung it since Bucknell.  The hardest hit ball of the weekend was the time he hit into a DP where Bonfield was caught off the base.  With the correct launch angle, we are talking about a baseball potentially reaching the road on the fly.  Hopefully he gained some confidence this weekend and carries it over this week.  I'll be watching carefully especially against Florida.

Martin does have some swing and miss in his game, but I will take it as long as he continues to drive the ball like he has.  You are talking about a guy with a HR rate of about 10% right now to go along with top of the line speed.  Even if he was not hitting HRs, he would still be impacting the game with his speed as we saw a couple times this weekend.  On one of his sac bunts, he was clocked at under 3.8 on his run down to 1B.  He will run out some of those if he continues doing that.