Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 3 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (2-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-2, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 17, 2018, 07:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell        0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SPAL

The straight paint for the backwards k was beautiful. Looked like mad dog out there.

ucahogfan

bulldog04

ucahogfan

SPAL

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 18, 2018, 12:12:19 pm
That last fastball was at 88. The knuckle curve and change were high 70s

88 will be fine if his location stays that good.

ucahogfan

Cole high chopper to 2B, but the 2B can't handle the short hop.  Should be scored an INF single.

2B made a bad throw to 1B, but the C made a great diving stop to prevent the ball from potentially going into the dugout.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 2nd                   0

Bucknell        0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas      0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 1   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Dolan and Eklund mentioned how the ball that Biggers hit would have probably been a HR or at least a 2B at minimum the first two games of the series as the wind is blowing in from right at a 15+ MPH clip this afternoon.

bulldog04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2018, 12:14:55 pm
88 will be fine if his location stays that good.
I'm not sure how good that gun is calibrated. It looked like Knight and Campbell were throwing harder than it showed. We had that problem at the start of last season

SPAL

I bet it's pretty close. That's about where he is expected to stay with maybe touching 90

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Klugerman works the count full, and he draws a walk on a fastball which just missed the low outside corner.

ucahogfan

Wincig runs the count full, and he flares a single into CF.  Rawlings scores and Klugerman makes it to 3B beating a strong throw by Fletcher.  Runners on the corners with 1 out.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Wes Johnson strolls out to the mound to calm down McKinney.  This will probably be the last inning for McKinney as he is already at 30 pitches.

Sophomore LHP Matt Cronin has begun warming in the pen.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ucahogfan

Madigan flies out to medium deep LF and Kjerstand unleashes about a 275 foot frozen rope to nail Klugerman at the plate.  F7 and 7-2 putout at the plate.

SPAL

Tony Perkis

SPAL

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 2nd                   0

Bucknell        0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas      0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 0  | 1   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

SPAL

Tony Perkis

Wisco Pig

That play at the plate is under review.

ETA: Sorry. Tony beat me to it.

ucahogfan

Just to add a little more about Kjerstad's throw, it was in the air the whole way and hit Koch in the chest on the fly.  Just an unbelievable arm.  Not Cespedes level, but it was an extremely long throw.

And guess who bats first in the next inning?

Pudgepork

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 18, 2018, 12:41:40 pm
That play at the plate is under review.

ETA: Sorry. Tony beat me to it.
This is taking entirely too long. I'll never understand why it takes 5 minutes to confirm a call.

ucahogfan

Hawgphish

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Kjerstad lines one to the track in RF, but the wind knocks it down and it drops on the front of the track just in front of the RF as he misplayed the ball.  Ruled a 2B.  Kjerstad's 2nd 2B as a Hog.

Probably the second time a potential HR for the Hogs has been knocked down by the wind.

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 12:47:18 pm
Kjerstad lines one to the track in RF, but the wind knocks it down and it drops on the front of the track just in front of the RF as he misplayed the ball.  Ruled a 2B.

Probably the second time a potential HR for the Hogs has been knocked down by the wind.

Yes. Easily a bomb if it's not windy.

ucahogfan

Lee lines out to 2B, and Kjerstad breaks base running rule #1 and takes off on a liner and is doubled off 2B.

ucahogfan

Koch lines a single into LF.  Third time this inning the Hogs have hit the ball on a line.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 12:48:05 pm
Lee lines out to 2B, and Kjerstad breaks base running rule #1 and takes off on a liner and is doubled off 2B.
I guess I can forgive Kjerstad this time...

SPAL

Charlton heston KillerStats is human on the base paths. That's two big misses for him.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2018, 12:49:50 pm
Charlton heston KillerStats is human on the base paths. That's two big misses for him.
Just imagine when he learns how to run the bases.

ucahogfan

Shaddy singles into LF.  Koch scores.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 2 outs as the lineup turns over.  Shaddy's 9th RBI of the year.

Score tied at 1.

Pudgepork

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 18, 2018, 12:49:32 pm
I guess I can forgive Kjerstad this time...

I think we've found his weak spot.  Freshman base running mistakes.  If that's all that's wrong with his game he'll still make All SEC frosh team and prolly frosh All American

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 18, 2018, 12:52:39 pm
I think we've found his weak spot.  Freshman base running mistakes.  If that's all that's wrong with his game he'll still make All SEC frosh team and prolly frosh All American
Looking like an easy Freshmen AA right now.  Maybe a potential Freshman of the year.  Next week will tell us a lot more about him though.