Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 2 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (1-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-1, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 16, 2018, 08:08:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#2 ARKANSAS vs Bucknell
at Baum Stadium, Fayetteville, Ar.  Saturday 11:30 A.M.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 2 THREAD
   #2 ARKANSAS ( 1-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell ( 0-1 , 0-0 Patriot League)

This is game 2 of a 3 game series with Bucknell and is the 2nd game of the 2018 Season.

SATURDAY'S First Pitch is set for 11:30 am central time and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Game #2 will be on Saturday at 11:30am and Game #3 will be on Sunday at Noon. Both Saturday and Sunday's games will also be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

WiscoPig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , JHicks3636, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan,HogFansReunited and Maddhog will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

HOURLY FORECAST FOR FRIDAY:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fayetteville-ar/72701/hourly-weather-forecast/326857?hour=41

Precip   9am   10am   11am   12pm   1pm   2pm   3pm   4pm   5pm   6pm   7pm   8pm
Rain      43%   51%    47%     36%   20%   20%   20%   20%  20%   13%    0%    0%

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

ARKANSAS BASEBALL WEBSITE:   http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/

ARKANSAS ROSTERhttp://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/roster/

ARKANSAS GAME/SERIES NOTES:  http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Bucknell.pdf

ARKANSAS PREVIEW: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/hogs-ready-to-open-year-against-bucknell/

THE BISON'S
LEWISBURG, Pa

BUCKNELL BASEBALL WEBSITEhttp://www.bucknellbison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&SPID=137625&SPSID=810382&DB_OEM_ID=32100

BUCKNELL ROSTER: http://www.bucknellbison.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=32100&SPID=137625&SPSID=810378

BUCKNELL GAME/ SERIES NOTES:

BUCKNELL PREVIEW:

LEWISBURG, Pa
Bucknell's Conner Van Hoose Named Patriot League Preseason Pitcher of Year:
Bucknell Tabbed as Patriot League Preseason Favorite:
http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=211699317

2018 Patriot League Baseball Preseason Poll
1.Bucknell (6 first-place votes)   43
2.Navy (4)                                  38
3.Holy Cross (2)                         29
4.Lehigh                                     27
5.Army West Point                     25
6.Lafayette                                 18

THUNDER!

SPAL

ThisTeetsTaken

Looking forward to seeing Campbell deal.  I've only personally witnessed him face a handful of batters but word is he has big time stuff. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JRHoward

Thank You for the info on streaming!   Thank you in advance for the game thread!  WPS!
Woooo Pig!

Razorbacks#1

0               11:30 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell           |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

Bucknell's starting lineup

2b Toso R
lf   Bell  B
ss Johnson R   
3b Rawlings R
1b Korchak L   
dh Moore R
rf Hartman L   
c Baumann R   
cf Scales L

p Grabek   L   

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

Wisco Pig

Toso leads off for Bucknell.  Campbell gets the count to 2-2, then full.  Toso walks.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hogfaninmo

Tune in not broadcasting the game today, where can I listen to the game online?

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Bell, the LF, gets down 1-2 in the count, fouls off a few, gets to 2-2, then doubles down the RF line.   Toso scores.   1-0, Bison.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Tony Perkis

Campbell seems to be overworking a tad. Needs to settle in a little and trust his stuff.

Wisco Pig

Johnson, the SS, is next.   Campbell falls behind, 2-1, evens the count at 2, goes to another full count, and then gets Johnson to fly out to center field.   

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

Ok Campbell you got the first out.  Time to to settle in and show what you're made of.

Wisco Pig

Rawlings, the 3B, is next.   He gets ahead in the count 2-1, Campbell evens it at 2-2, and then Rawlings strikes out.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Korchak falls behind 0-2 and then pops out to Martin at 3rd to end the half-inning.

1-0, Bison.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 1st                   0

Bucknell         1|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Biggers opens with a single on an 0-1 pitch.   Infield base hit to 2nd.

Tony Perkis

Side note: This uni combo is really nice. Red tops with pinstripe pants will always look good.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Cole is next.  He gets ahead in the count, 2-1, then 3-1, and then gets a single to left-center.  He advances to second on the throw while Biggers advances to third.

ThisTeetsTaken

Wisco Pig

The infield is playing back.

Fletcher falls behind 1-2, evens the count at 2, then strikes out swinging.

Wisco Pig

Bonfield bats with men on 2nd and 3rd and one out.   He gets ahead 2-0, then HOMERS to left-center!

3-1, Hogs.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 17, 2018, 12:01:55 pm
Bonfield bats with men on 2nd and 3rd and one out.   He gets ahead 2-0, then HOMERS to left-center!

3-1, Hogs.
:)

THUNDER!

Tony Perkis

Pretty big hack from Fletcher on a 2 strike count. Must know Bonfield is about to do something big.

Edit: Boom.

PeabodyHawg

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

CJ HOG

Wisco Pig

Koch bats with the bases empty and one out.  He strikes out looking on a 1-2 pitch.   Two outs.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

bjeffersonhog

nice to see Bonfield bounce back from yesterday.  He hits the ball extremely hard when he gets contact, just needs to cut down on the strikeouts.

Wisco Pig

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

McFarland bats with one on and two out.   He gets ahead in the count, 2-1, goes even at 2-2, and then...

Kjerstad gets himself picked off to end the inning.

Hogs lead after 1,  3-1.

PeabodyHawg

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 2nd                   3

Bucknell         1|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas        3|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  3  |  3  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

Member #3568