Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis getting ejected for a block that he got all ball.

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 10, 2018, 10:39:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 12, 2018, 04:27:13 pm
What replay are you watching - link please..

Like I said earlier.. I don't think it's an ejection.  It's a F1 based on the contact and follow through.  If he just stops the ball I doubt they even call a common foul.

Unfortunately BP was too strong for that guy, he didn't intend to hurt him but the NBA is going to protect their players.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hawgball40

La Football fan and Cotton are trolls. They are just disagreeing to start drama. as always

Cotton

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 12, 2018, 05:21:09 pm
La Football fan and Cotton are trolls. They are just disagreeing to start drama. as always
Insightful post.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

razobak

Quote from: hogsanity on February 12, 2018, 04:45:19 pm
I already said it should not have been a F1 or F2. But it was a foul.

Not disagreeing that it was a foul. Yes his hand got the ball but he also fouled him on the arm. Yes it was hard. It should have been called a foul. If they would have called a F1 I probably wouldn't bat an eye. But BP was absolutely going for the ball. A F2 foul is supposed to be reserved for unnecessary and excessive contact. The offensive player's momentum caused him to fall the way he did, not BP. Foul, yes. F1, maybe. F2 and automatic ejection? Nah.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

It may have been a foul but it definitely wasn't a flagrant. Dude pulled off the flop of the century. Even if it was flagrant, how do you arm block someone so hard that they flip?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

99toLife

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 13, 2018, 10:26:27 am
It may have been a foul but it definitely wasn't a flagrant. Dude pulled off the flop of the century. Even if it was flagrant, how do you arm block someone so hard that they flip?
Not a problem for Chuck Norris!  ;)

XavierZane

Tomas whatshisface is clearly a pro flopper, but maybe should stop pretending to be a professional level basketball player. 

Cotton

Quote from: XavierZane on February 13, 2018, 12:06:56 pm
Tomas whatshisface is clearly a pro flopper, but maybe should stop pretending to be a professional level basketball player.
I'm sure he flopped into a back flip splitting open his eye on purpose... with under 3 minutes to play in the game...

Smh

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hogsanity

Quote from: Cotton on February 13, 2018, 12:23:25 pm
I'm sure he flopped into a back flip splitting open his eye on purpose... with under 3 minutes to play in the game...

Smh

Of course, and risked a head or neck injury too. Actually though, it was all part of the sports world being out to get the Hogs. Make Portis look like a dirty player then blame it on where he played college ball. How can you not see that?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

Cotton

Quote from: hogsanity on February 13, 2018, 12:27:36 pm
Of course, and risked a head or neck injury too. Actually though, it was all part of the sports world being out to get the Hogs. Make Portis look like a dirty player then blame it on where he played college ball. How can you not see that?
ESPN must be behind it!! They hate us!!

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Beaverfever

Quote from: hogsanity on February 13, 2018, 12:27:36 pm
lol this is what I was thinking.  You'd have to be a psycho to plan on going down like that.  Dude is lucky he wasn't more seriously injured.  Driving from the 3 pt line all the way to the basket and going up for a hard 2 handed slam off of one foot over the defense's toughest big man is a dangerous play.