Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It won’t be Chavis

Started by theFlyingHog, December 31, 2017, 07:21:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

It won't be Chavis ???  Crap!  Just when I was getting used to the idea!   >:(

What's this guy's problem ???

NuttinItUp

Why are money people meddling in Coach Morris' staff decisions?

NuttinItUp

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 01, 2018, 08:52:49 am

I'm thinking they aren't.

hoglady

Quote from: King Kong on January 01, 2018, 07:04:37 am
You can’t be serious. At LSU alone he finished in the top 12 4 out of 5 years. Yeah LSU had talent but they also had to replace multiple starters leaving early several of those years

Plus Chavis' defenses at LSU got little help from the offense most of the time. Miles put some really poor offenses on the field. Chavis saved Miles bacon annually.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

GuvHog

Quote from: Buff on December 31, 2017, 10:43:25 pm
The "money people" need to step the f... off and let the actual football coach do his job.

They did that when Smiley then Bielema were hired. Nuff' said.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Torqued pork

Lol...good ol' Hogville.  If there isn't some sinister force holding the Hogs down there's always one lurking in the bushes.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 01, 2018, 08:52:49 am

Don't believe everything you read.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

I-HATE-Nutt

January 01, 2018, 09:39:56 am #108 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:53:01 am by I-HATE-Nutt
I seem to remember some guy named Hatfield getting fired because he refused to fire assistants after back to back 10 win seasons.
Things never change on the Hill.
The $ still runs the program and always will.
I know there are people pushing back against Chavis and rightfully so.
I do think it is Coach M's call to make and He is the one who will get fired with a sweaty pocket full of our money as punishment if it fails.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: I-HATE-Nutt on January 01, 2018, 09:39:56 am
I seem to remember some guy named Hatfield getting fired because he refused to fire assistants after back to back 10 win seasons.
I do think it is Coach M’s call to make and He is the one who will get fired with a sweaty pocket full of our money as punishment.

Hatfield was not fired. JFB told him to get rid of some bad assistants. He didn't like it. He quit to go to another school. That was how JFB ran things. Period.

Nobody is telling our new coach who to hire or who not to hire.

There are a lot of idiots that post nonense on message boards.

Hogsfan1981

January 01, 2018, 10:23:17 am #110 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:36:52 am by Hogsfan1981
Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 31, 2017, 08:29:18 pm
Those comments are . . . well, just read them.

Can't find a lot of people that think it's a good hire. Well, except on Hogville. But what choice do we have. Seems like it's going to happen no matter what anyone thinks. Let us just hope Chavis starts trending back up at the end of his career because lately he has had some of his worst defenses ever.

Rumors suggest we are letting him pick some staff to come along. So along with offering him big money not to retire we also seem to be bending over backwards to get him here.

I'm guessing he was a 3rd choice or lower and they are desperate not to continue the search.

Let's hope these old coaches have some fire left and and are not just viewing Arkansas as a farewell retirement package.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on January 01, 2018, 09:53:51 am
Hatfield was not fired. JFB told him to get rid of some bad assistants. He didn't like it. He quit to go to another school. That was how JFB ran things. Period.

Nobody is telling our new coach who to hire or who not to hire.

There are a lot of idiots that post nonense on message boards.

Broyles one mistake in life was not hiring Jimmy Johnson instead

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 01, 2018, 09:30:18 am
Lol...good ol' Hogville.  If there isn't some sinister force holding the Hogs down there's always one lurking in the bushes.
That dang nebulous Good Ole Boy Network working it's evil influence again. Where would Hogville Conspiracy Theorists be without it?

I-HATE-Nutt

Broyles made more than one mistake.  How about Bill Self, Pete Carrol, Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson and Jimmy Johnson?   Hatfield may not have been fired on paper but He was just as much fired as Hootie as was. 

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 01, 2018, 10:26:25 am
Broyles one mistake in life was not hiring Jimmy Johnson instead

I've always felt like passing over Jimmy Johnson was the beginning of the decline for Razorback football. Hatfield was a fine man, but the wishbone offense was step backward. Hatfield also ended the era of Arkansas being the launchpad for great assistant coaches because of his loyalty to the staff he brought with him from Air Force.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 31, 2017, 07:21:51 pm
Ran into an old friend at the bar a little while ago......

Seems legit.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: I-HATE-Nutt on January 01, 2018, 11:04:12 am
Broyles made more than one mistake.  How about Bill Self, Pete Carrol, Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson and Jimmy Johnson?   Hatfield may not have been fired on paper but He was just as much fired as Hootie as was. 

You're nucking futts....   these two men had some issues, but they put Arkansas basketball on top of the National radar.... (BRW, Sutton left of his own volition)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jgphillips3

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 01, 2018, 11:14:45 am

You're nucking futts....   these two men had some issues, but they put Arkansas basketball on top of the National radar.... (BRW, Sutton left of his own volition)

I think he meant not respecting and letting Sutton "crawl" to Kentucky (or not getting him help for his drinking).  With Nolan, the firing and the way he handcuffed Nolan in recruiting and treated him poorly due to their mutual clash of egos.

opineonswine

Quote from: hobhog on January 01, 2018, 12:29:33 am
NWA corporate is ruining razorback program. Hope you are wrong.

You can count on it.

Boardon Hamsay

Hogville has a great success rate when it comes to calling hires.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

I-HATE-Nutt

My Mom taught Me to not speak Bad things about the dead so I'm going to leave JFB alone.  I'll leave it this way....Money has always run our program and sometimes the athletic director or president did their dirty work.   

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 31, 2017, 07:21:51 pm
Ran into an old friend at the bar a little while ago. Apparently he's in corporate up in NWA at one of the big companies. There's a lot of fight going on about Chavis. Huge push back from some of the money people. "Anybody else!" has been yelled multiple times.

Do you know PITP..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: I-HATE-Nutt on January 01, 2018, 09:39:56 am
I do think it is Coach M's call to make and He is the one who will get fired with a sweaty pocket full of our money as punishment if it fails.
There's a poet in you my man! +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Soooie21

Semohog

Quote from: carolinahogger on December 31, 2017, 10:34:17 pm
He's in corporate at one of the big companies.

You do realize how many corporate employees the big 3 have right?

imtad16

Quote from: Soooie21 on January 01, 2018, 12:38:18 pm
The Truth is what you believe it to be..

Try that with gravity.

JoeyCapital

I applaud the op for having the courage to bring this gold-plated info to Hogville when he knew he would get crucified for it.

Flyinghog is almost exactly like Jesus, when you stop and think about it.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Paul

imtad16

Quote from: golf2day on January 01, 2018, 01:15:29 pm
I applaud the op for having the courage to bring this gold-plated info to Hogville when he knew he would get crucified for it.

Flyinghog is almost exactly like Jesus, when you stop and think about it.

Do you think Paul will be persecuted...

Quote from: Paul on January 01, 2018, 01:16:11 pm
bingo

...For his post?

JoeyCapital

Quote from: imtad16 on January 01, 2018, 01:23:48 pm

...For his post?
Great question. I think that I'll have to defer to flyinghog/Jesus for that answer.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

theFlyingHog

Quote from: golf2day on January 01, 2018, 01:33:07 pm
Great question. I think that I'll have to defer to flyinghog/Jesus for that answer.
Quote from: imtad16 on January 01, 2018, 01:23:48 pm

...For his post?
Is "persecuted" the same as "laughed at"? If so, yes.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 01, 2018, 01:36:27 pm
Is "persecuted" the same as "laughed at"? If so, yes.
It is if you say it is. We are all here to serve, flyingjesus.

EastexHawg

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 31, 2017, 07:45:24 pm
GOBN doing all the hiring.

Just let Jerry Jones name his own defensive coordinator.  That seems to be the way things work now.

Maybe we can let him call the plays, too.

Paul

I saw the light on the road to Damascus.  i.e. I'm now enlightened to the workings of the program. I can survive persecution...yea even being bant