Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by DoubleReedHawgCaller, December 31, 2017, 05:44:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Putting in work baby! Glad to see he's finally found a home this year.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

pigbacon

Collins looks to be in prime condition. I don't think he was ever this fast at UA.

WaltonCollege

At least he used to tough losses

theFlyingHog

Maybe he can play DB too and get rid of those guys that cost them a trip to the playoffs on that last drive

bennyl08

Quote from: pigbacon on December 31, 2017, 06:35:32 pm
Collins looks to be in prime condition. I don't think he was ever this fast at UA.

He was every bit that fast.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ChitownHawg

No one jukes in tight spaces like Alex. I remember one game as a Hog he jukes and goes for a big run. Announcer says few can juke while maintaining their speed. Alex is one of them.

He does look slimmer. Is he faster? Maybe. Don’t really care.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

3kgthog

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 31, 2017, 09:04:17 pm

No, he wasn't. It's obvious to all Hog fans but you.

WaltonCollege

He had an anomaly 80 yarder v LSU. Other than that he was not a breakaway runner here.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 31, 2017, 11:01:06 pm
He had an anomaly 80 yarder v LSU. Other than that he was not a breakaway runner here.

Was Felix or Dmac break away runners?

"Ranked third in the SEC and tied for eighth nationally in rushes of at least 20 yards (16) ... His 16 rushes of at least 20 yards  were the most by an Arkansas running back since 2007 (Jones; 17, McFadden; 15) ... Ranked fourth in the SEC and 22nd nationally in rushes of at least 10 yards (41) ... Ranked tied for second in both the SEC and FBS in rushes at least 60 yards (3) ... Ranked third in the SEC and tied for ninth nationally in rushes that resulted in a first down (74) ... Ranked fifth in "

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/alex-collins/

Seems he was pretty dang close.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

IronHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 31, 2017, 11:37:11 pm
Was Felix or Dmac break away runners?

"Ranked third in the SEC and tied for eighth nationally in rushes of at least 20 yards (16) ... His 16 rushes of at least 20 yards  were the most by an Arkansas running back since 2007 (Jones; 17, McFadden; 15) ... Ranked fourth in the SEC and 22nd nationally in rushes of at least 10 yards (41) ... Ranked tied for second in both the SEC and FBS in rushes at least 60 yards (3) ... Ranked third in the SEC and tied for ninth nationally in rushes that resulted in a first down (74) ... Ranked fifth in "

Seems he was pretty dang close.

Not in SEC games he wasn't

alohawg

He looks fast enough right now and he's doing work for the Ravens. They had the ball and the lead to close out the game today and inexplicably started calling plays like the Cowboys instead of pounding it with Alex. Marty Mornhinweg sucks as bad as Linehan.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

atekido

Quote from: pigbacon on December 31, 2017, 06:35:32 pm

I was saying the same thing. he isn't getting caught from behind easily like he was here. He now has legit break away speed.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: IronHog on December 31, 2017, 11:40:34 pm
Not in SEC games he wasn't

Oh sorry I missed that caveat in the post I was replying to. By the way when did LSU leave the SEC?  ;)

Ugly Uncle

Alex Collins put on weight coming into his Sophomore year.  Coaches even remarked how he had bulked up to take the load of a full season in the SEC, but it had effected his quickness and open field speed.

I remember Bielema saying that he would have to tighten up on his condition.  I personally asked Bret about it during a press conference. I posted about it in here.

Also, no question that he was not as fast as Dmac or Felix.  On another note, AC should be faster at 23 than he was at 21.  He also will have better conditioning because he will get more time with all the coaches and complex than he could as a student.

Why do we keep arguing about this same topic?
Retired Radio Host

IronHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 01, 2018, 12:09:14 am
Oh sorry I missed that caveat in the post I was replying to. By the way when did LSU leave the SEC?  ;)

That one run doesn't put him in the same category as DMac and Jones

He had his chances but choose to play overweight most of his time in college.  He looks like what he was billed to be now that's he's in shape.

IronHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 01, 2018, 12:34:52 am
Alex Collins put on weight coming into his Sophomore year.  Coaches even remarked how he had bulked up to take the load of a full season in the SEC, but it had effected his quickness and open field speed.

I remember Bielema saying that he would have to tighten up on his condition.  I personally asked Bret about it during a press conference. I posted about it in here.

Also, no question that he was not as fast as Dmac or Felix.  On another note, AC should be faster at 23 than he was at 21.  He also will have better conditioning because he will get more time with all the coaches and complex than he could as a student.

Why do we keep arguing about this same topic?

Cause BB had a fat, underachieving football team

Coondog Hog

No way.  He's lost 20 lbs since his hog days.  He was too bulked here.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

factchecker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 01, 2018, 12:09:14 am

I guess AnM isn't in the SEC either:

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 01, 2018, 02:15:35 am
No way.  He's lost 20 lbs since his hog days.  He was too bulked here.

QuoteRunning Back | Junior | 5-11 | 215

http://www.nfl.com/player/alexcollins/2555430/profile

QuoteHeight: 5-10   Weight: 210
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Alex finished with the 3rd most yards in a season (2015) for a Razorback:

Rank
1   1830   Darren McFadden (325 rushes, 16 TD)   2007
2   1647   Darren McFadden (284 rushes, 14 TD)   2006
3   1577   Alex Collins (271 rushes, 20 TD)   2015

and 2nd for career rushing yards:

Rank
1   4,590   Darren McFadden (785 rushes, 41 TD)   2005-07
2   3,703   Alex Collins (665 rushes, 36 TD)   2013-15

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/rushing-yards/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PonderinHog

Best feet ever.  He's quick, not fast.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: alohawg on December 31, 2017, 11:48:25 pm
He looks fast enough right now and he's doing work for the Ravens. They had the ball and the lead to close out the game today and inexplicably started calling plays like the Cowboys instead of pounding it with Alex. Marty Mornhinweg sucks as bad as Linehan.
he's way faster now. he had to change his whole diet and training and lose 25 lbs to get quick enough. Fatbert just wanted everybody else to be fat too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

onebadrubi

well to your defense, we had a staff that thought timing a 40 yard dash was irrelevant so you have no proof.  But the eye test does say you are wrong. 

hawkhawg

Collins was a great razorback on and off the field.  Im glad things are coming together for him in the NFL. 

Arthur pigby sellers.

I'm just glad he's finally made it.  I always thought his quickness and ability to cut and squirt through tiny holes would earn him a long nfl career, and I was concerned about his lack of production in Seattle.  Good for him!! He's a great ambassador for the program.

870hogfan

Dang the personal jabs at coach B. If it wasn't for him, Alex Collins would never step foot at Arkansas and he's doing pretty good.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 01, 2018, 11:12:50 am
Dang the personal jabs at coach B. If it wasn't for him, Alex Collins would never step foot at Arkansas and he's doing pretty good.

This is absolutely true.  Coach B did bring in good talent here.
Retired Radio Host

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 01, 2018, 11:54:39 am
This is absolutely true.  Coach B did bring in good talent here.

We have lots of talent on offense for 2018. Offense won't be a problem. I also think we have some OL who are better suited for the new offense compared to what BB was running.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 01, 2018, 11:59:49 am
We have lots of talent on offense for 2018. Offense won't be a problem. I also think we have some OL who are better suited for the new offense compared to what BB was running.

I agree.

We actually have A LOT of speed at WR.  More than we have had in my memory.  We may not have anyone as fast as J. Wright, but we have multiple players that have very good speed.

They just don't run routes well.  I suspect that is about to change.

Lots of talent at OL that hasn't been used.

Bret did a good job upgrading our talent.

Alex Collins is the man. 
Retired Radio Host

IronHog

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 01, 2018, 11:10:24 am
I'm just glad he's finally made it.  I always thought his quickness and ability to cut and squirt through tiny holes would earn him a long nfl career, and I was concerned about his lack of production in Seattle.  Good for him!! He's a great ambassador for the program.

Conditioning, focus, and fumbles in college is what stopped him from being a superstar

He appears to have fixed those issues

IronHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 01, 2018, 12:04:19 pm
I agree.

We actually have A LOT of speed at WR.  More than we have had in my memory.  We may not have anyone as fast as J. Wright, but we have multiple players that have very good speed.

Alex Collins is the man. 

Pettway, Jones, and Gragg are more physically talented than the Warren boys.

Just playing in a far inferior system so far......

thebignasty

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 01, 2018, 08:47:17 am
Best feet ever.  He's quick, not fast.

This.

I think he looks quicker now, but it could be because he's a more seasoned, decisive player.

Either way, loved him as a hog, and love seeing him do well in the league.  He is a great kid, and he deserves it.

Kevin

Bringing it in and coaching it is two different things
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

1highhog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 01, 2018, 12:04:19 pm
I agree.

Alex Collins is the man. 

This is the best post I've read in this thread so far.  BB brought in dome very good talent and I think with the conditioning program and springball coming up we will see that this staff will get this team in shape and find some very good talent to work with for this coming season.  I honestly see and 8 win season.