Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve Caldwell coming back?

Started by The_Iceman, December 29, 2017, 01:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Sounds like he is coming back to join Chavis as DL coach.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Can't argue with his eye for talent or production at DE

Dude got Flowers, Philon, and Wise

hoghappy

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

ADavisTheGOAT

Yes please. Our DE's were elite in 2010-11
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

colbs

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Razorback Pastor

King Kong

He understands how to win here. He can find and develop Dlineman

Snout team

Pieces are falling into place.  I am confident in our return to relevance.

I'm not guaranteeing a championship or anything  but we will be relevant again and who knows what can happen.  A lot of that depends on what the other teams do for sure.

I'm onboard
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

BroyledNutts

He might be a stronger, more impactful hire long term than Chavis ...

hawgon

We're getting the band back together, baby!!

King Kong

mckinneyhog5

If Caldwell is coming then so is Chavis.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 29, 2017, 02:19:18 pm

It's been Chavis ever since Grinch said no

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Snout team

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on December 29, 2017, 02:19:18 pm

And trooper?  The same media guys who have been saying Chavis/Caldwell have also been saying Taylor
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

colbs

Quote from: King Kong on December 29, 2017, 02:06:15 pm
Bobby is coming back? ;D
Fans will only approve if he does well in their bowl game!

elksnort

But, but,but, he is a former ASU Indian....

tusksincolorado

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 29, 2017, 02:22:54 pm
And trooper?  The same media guys who have been saying Chavis/Caldwell have also been saying Taylor

Would also like to see him bring in Early in some compositely along with Taylor.

hawgon

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 29, 2017, 02:22:54 pm
If we hire Trooper, I'll know that we're going to do what is necessary to win.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hawgon on December 29, 2017, 02:27:15 pm
If we hire Trooper, I’ll know that we’re going to do what is necessary to win.

Are you saying that this would be bad thing? or a good thing?

jgphillips3

Considering Chavis coaches linebackers at A&M, which has been categorically the worst area of our team since Shannon left, if we got Caldwell, I would feel pretty good about our front 7.  By the way, Chavis is 4-3 base if that matters to anyone.

jackflash

Caldwell not a bad hire wonder if Terry Joesph of far behind

rogersvillemohog

John Chavis, Steve Caldwell, and Trooper Taylor screams nothing but SEC experience. That is something that we've desperately needed for a while. Early would be a nice addition to the staff, but Caldwell is the better hire and I'm not a huge fan of splitting up the defensive line responsibilities. Would like to see a good safeties coach and then maybe somebody like Zook to coach special teams.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Bash

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on December 29, 2017, 03:58:33 pm
Would like to see a good safeties coach and then maybe somebody like Zook to coach special teams.

Why would he leave the NFL?
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Bash on December 29, 2017, 04:03:01 pm

I didn't realize he was in the NFL. Guess I should've done some research beforehand. Maybe he's ready to get back in the college game and back into the SEC? At least worth a phone call imo.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Kevin

will they play agim at de, or move him inside. love to see what Caldwell could do with him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tusks

I think Caldwell is one of the best DL coaches in the country. 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The_Iceman

Quote from: Kevin on December 29, 2017, 04:50:41 pm
will they play agim at de, or move him inside. love to see what Caldwell could do with him

Agim needs to lean up to about 270lbs and play DE. 290 is way too big for him. He needs his speed back.

PossumFan

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2017, 02:24:22 pm
But, but,but, he is a former ASU Indian....

Yeah, has the elite program declined so much that it has to stoop to this? (tic)

Hawginj

Time to pair him up with Brian Early and then you have a DL coaching tandem made in Hog Heaven

trphog

wachhog

opineonswine

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawginj on December 29, 2017, 05:36:44 pm
Time to pair him up with Brian Early and then you have a DL coaching tandem made in Hog Heaven

Thanks for your input Ms. Early.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Bash

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on December 29, 2017, 04:05:29 pm
I didn't realize he was in the NFL. Guess I should've done some research beforehand. Maybe he's ready to get back in the college game and back into the SEC? At least worth a phone call imo.

I agree, make the phone call.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Bash on December 29, 2017, 04:03:01 pm

Why did other coaches? Maybe for some it's not as great as you might think.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawginj

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawginj on December 29, 2017, 09:21:22 pm
You're welcome Donna

Sorry wrong sibling. Donna is my sister's name. I kid you not.

Hawginj

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 29, 2017, 09:22:47 pm
Sorry wrong sibling. Donna is my sister's name. I kid you not.
lol well that was a lucky guess

HogFoo

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 29, 2017, 01:40:14 pm
Sounds like he is coming back to join Chavis as DL coach.
I actually would love it , LOVE it if Caldwell came back under the Chief.  He was only here maybe a year or two under Petrino.  But he is the reason we got Philon.  He was there when that happened and calls Petrino and said we needed to give him a scholly on the spot!

For those that don't remember it was Caldwell who was the main recruiter who would steal all the kids out of Warren and the rest of Arkansas for Tenn when he coaches under Chavis at Tenn. Man, folks might think he's too old , but man he was a neck of a coach and recruiter at one time.  I'd take him now!  Hope he does come back!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............