Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Steven Jones

Started by Caribhog, December 15, 2017, 11:56:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribhog

Unbelievable tonight in Jerry's Big World. Great job managing the end of the game.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Caribhog on December 15, 2017, 11:56:45 pm
Unbelievable tonight in Jerry's Big World. Great job managing the end of the game.

Any highlights, video or stats you want to give us?
Retired Radio Host

LumberBacks

J. Jones  #9 for HP

PASSING
377 Yds
25-36
5 TDs
0 INT

RUSHING
6-22 Yds

Caribhog

Just watched the game on tv. But, demeanor on the field reminds you of Mayfield. Swagger etc. He's apparently the best QB in highland park record history. Better record than Stafford.

Love to hear what others think.

LumberBacks

Also DFW Tom Landry Award winner this week.  5 finalists including Hanspard.

http://www.parkcitiespeople.com/sports/scots-qb-honored-with-landry-award/

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LumberBacks on December 16, 2017, 12:04:14 am
J. Jones  #9 for HP

PASSING
377 Yds
25-36
5 TDs
0 INT

RUSHING
6-22 Yds

Wow.  That is fantastic.  Look forward to him coming to the hill...hopefully.
Retired Radio Host

bphi11ips

JSJ's numbers for the year are off the chart video game numbers.  He's just not very big.  Bigger than Doug Flutie.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 16, 2017, 12:20:02 am
JSJ's numbers for the year are off the chart video game numbers.  He's just not very big.  Bigger than Doug Flutie.

That's big enough...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BigSexyHog

Was at the game.  Dude is a player
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

twistitup

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 16, 2017, 12:20:02 am

...bigger than Doug Flutie

We will hear this.a million times in the next 4 years. If ANYBODY mentions his height

...he's bigger than Doug Flutie. It always goes back to Flutie
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bphi11ips

December 16, 2017, 07:04:54 am #10 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:20:25 am by bphi11ips
Quote from: twistitup on December 16, 2017, 06:15:58 am

We will hear this.a million times in the next 4 years. If ANYBODY mentions his height

You won't hear it nearly as much as you'll hear that he's only at Arkansas because of his grandfather who made the BOT hire Chad Morris.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: LumberBacks on December 16, 2017, 12:04:14 am
J. Jones  #9 for HP

PASSING
377 Yds
25-36
5 TDs
0 INT

RUSHING
6-22 Yds
👀

Pudgepork

We can sort of get a preview of how J Jones would fare against a top SEC defense in Auburn's bowl game. The UCF qb is roughly the same size which means he's thought too small.  Led his team to an undefeated season and now will showcase against Auburn.

#1 STUNNA

In my opinion he plays the game like doucheless manziel would!

lumphog

Here's a boys medium

woodrow hog call

Quote from: lumphog on December 16, 2017, 08:17:11 am
Here's a boys medium

I love that one, Flutie's in!

Ice cold DR Pepper here !
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

bphi11ips

Pretty cool that Stephen Jones' son goes to public school.  Highland Park is nice, but it's still public.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 16, 2017, 07:20:48 am
In my opinion he plays the game like doucheless manziel would!

That good or bad in your eyes?

texas tush hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 16, 2017, 08:56:34 am
Pretty cool that Stephen Jones' son goes to public school.  Highland Park is nice, but it's still public.

Last night John Stephen won the Landry award, given to the top player in the 32 county viewing area for CBS channel 11 in North Texas.

woodrow hog call

Drew Brees is listed at 6 ft, but I really doubt he is, and he has done alright for himself. I value what a QB has between his ears a lot more than his hieght.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

nwahogfan1

The spread Offenses has opened up the game to the shorter QBs as long as they are athletic, good passers and smart at managing the game. 

Good to see we are looking at these very smart competitive kids who love the game.   They make great leaders.

oldhawg

To be expected.  Flutie has been established as the standard of excellence for college quarterbacks under six feet tall.

trphog

Flutie and Brees, like Russ Wilson, have rocket launchers for arms. That seems to be another characteristic of successful quarterbacks who are shorter than average.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 16, 2017, 09:16:59 am

Last night John Stephen won the Landry award, given to the top player in the 32 county viewing area for CBS channel 11 in North Texas.

I've watched him play about 7 times the past two years. The kid has "IT". He has every intangible you could want in a QB other than height and a rocket arm. He has a decent arm however. They were calling him a little Houdini last night for his ability to avoid the rush. He is virtually unflappable back there and makes great decisions. I know Texas Tech offered him too but suspect most have not because they all know where he's going to college.

Ugly Uncle

What school does CM's son go to?

Didn't CM say Highland Park?
Retired Radio Host

HOGS82

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 16, 2017, 10:55:33 am

Yes, he is JSJ's backup at HP. JSJ left their game last week early with an injury and Chandler Morris replaced him and HP held on to advanced to play Denton Ryan last night, which they also won.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

NoogaHog

That's what I remember. The Morris kid is the back up QB to JSJ.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

twistitup

December 16, 2017, 12:16:36 pm #28 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:14:43 pm by twistitup
#biggerthanFlutie

JusJim

Chandler Morris is the backup quarterback to Jones at Highland Park.

NoogaHog

I can't find any highlights any more recent than 2015. He is elusive with a good arm, but I wish we could see something more recent.

Like someone above said, he probably didn't put anything out there because he is not being recruited and it has been an understanding as to where he is going to college. Just a guess.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

WizardofhOgZ

Here are a few highlights from last night's win.

BBHog

Throwing motion is exactly like Romo's

1highhog

Quote from: BBHog on December 16, 2017, 02:17:44 pm
Throwing motion is exactly like Romo's

I saw that as well, the main difference being that every other pass is not an int. like Romo, I'm impressed.

Bigfoot

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HamGrowsOnTrees

....he's bigger than an umpa loompa

happy?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

And it should, or that cat up in Mizzou, or that jerk down in College Station... Flutie nto only had to go set all kinds of records in the CFL before coming to the NFL at 40 or close to it, and set that bitch on fire too... There is absolutly no reason to not give this dude a shot. If he winds up at slot or  defense who cares? He's a baller.!! I wouldn't count the dude out by any means...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ImHogginIt

The rich kid can play ball better than any of us on Hogville. I thought bashing recruits wasn't allowed ?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 16, 2017, 08:34:23 pm
The rich kid can play ball better than any of us on Hogville. I thought bashing recruits wasn't allowed ?

He looks very good.  I like this kid a lot.
Retired Radio Host

twistitup

December 17, 2017, 09:59:41 am #40 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:45:14 am by twistitup
Im pulling for JSJ....hope he lights it up on the hill

Don't compare him to Flutie...why you ask? It's because he's:

#biggerthanFlutie

IronHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 16, 2017, 10:43:09 am
I've watched him play about 7 times the past two years. The kid has "IT". He has every intangible you could want in a QB other than height and a rocket arm. He has a decent arm however. They were calling him a little Houdini last night for his ability to avoid the rush. He is virtually unflappable back there and makes great decisions. I know Texas Tech offered him too but suspect most have not because they all know where he's going to college.

Remember 95% of being an SEC player is what mamma gave you.

Kid is a baller but it's an up hill climb to be small with an average arm and play high D1 QB.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pig in the Pokey

Chandler is just a sophomore, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 16, 2017, 08:34:23 pm
no, only regular recruits. You apparently are allowed to bash them if they are future billionaires and are related to our biggest ever booster.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OLEJACKETFAN

Its sure not a bad idea to offer him!  Never know, someday he could be a great Donor or possibly CMs future Boss!! Saw him play in State Title game last year, lots of competitive nature there. Remember he spent lots of time at Cowboy Complex with Romo! I can see him being a great backup that could come in as needed and smart enough to play within his abilities! Not sure he is ready for D1 but  never know in a couple years! He will have to decide to take the safe route and go to a smaller School or prove he belongs at Arkansas. I have heard it mentioned about Chandler being his backup. Just so everyone knows, Chandler is a Soph and was QB of the JV this year. In the Texas Playoffs, you can move your better JV players up to Varsity which is what happened. Most Folks believe Chandler will be much better in time. I havnt been updated where he will play next year.

twistitup

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on December 17, 2017, 02:47:21 pm
Its sure not a bad idea to offer him!  Never know, someday he could be a great Donor or possibly CMs future Boss!! Saw him play in State Title game last year, lots of competitive nature there. Remember he spent lots of time at Cowboy Complex with Romo! I can see him being a great backup that could come in as needed and smart enough to play within his abilities! Not sure he is ready for D1 but  never know in a couple years! He will have to decide to take the safe route and go to a smaller School or prove he belongs at Arkansas. I have heard it mentioned about Chandler being his backup. Just so everyone knows, Chandler is a Soph and was QB of the JV this year. In the Texas Playoffs, you can move your better JV players up to Varsity which is what happened. Most Folks believe Chandler will be much better in time. I havnt been updated where he will play next year.

Thanks Jerry

ricepig

Quote from: OLEJACKETFAN on December 17, 2017, 02:47:21 pm

Chandler is staying at HP.

hawginbigd1

HP has won at a huge clip before, and will after JSJ, kid has 2 offers, 1 being a blue shirt, is the other commitable? I mean not even a UNT offer. Sorry this all points to a "quid pro quo".

imtad16

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 17, 2017, 03:49:11 pm
HP has won at a huge clip before, and will after JSJ, kid has 2 offers, 1 being a blue shirt, is the other commitable? I mean not even a UNT offer. Sorry this all points to a "quid pro quo".

They may have won at huge clips before but they have only won 4 state championships. They have state titles in 1945, 1957, 2005, and 2016.  The titles in 45 and 57 aren't really relevant. So, really they have 1 that really matters. Matthew Stafford lead them to that title. They have never won back to back state championships. John Stephen Jones may lead them to back to back state championships for the first time in school history. That's something. He isn't Stafford, but even Stafford didn't lead them to back to back championships. The kid is short. That is why he doesn't have offers at QB. He is listed at 5'10 that usually means he is at least an inch shorter. 5'9 QB's don't usually have many offers. If any.

OLEJACKETFAN

Im an older guy, and when my brother and I went to AT&T to watch the Championship games we really were there to watch the other game. Im not a Highland Park  fan and thought that JSJ was probably the QB due to money. Left there with a total different outlook!  Also over time I will share small tidbits of info from the past. When HP won the State Title with Stafford as QB, they were losing in the last minutes of that game. Stafford throws a TD pass to win it at the end. Many will say, how is that relevant? The pass was completed on Chad Morris Stephenville Yellowjackets!!