Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TV For Houston Game

Started by TexArkHogFan, November 28, 2017, 02:09:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

The schedule shows this game to be carried by CBS Sports Network.  This
is not your regular CBS channel, but rather another channel they use for certain sports activities.  My cable company, Cable ONE does carry this channel but it is not part of the regular programming, but rather a premium channel that you have to pay extra for.  I don't know why Arkansas seems to get into some of the damndest agreements that makes it difficult or expensive just to watch a basketball game.  Or, is there something I'm not aware of.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

k.c.hawg

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 28, 2017, 02:09:48 am
is not your regular CBS channel, but rather another channel they use for certain sports activities.  My cable company, Cable ONE does carry this channel but it is not part of the regular programming, but rather a premium channel that you have to pay extra for.  I don't know why Arkansas seems to get into some of the damndest agreements that makes it difficult or expensive just to watch a basketball game.  Or, is there something I'm not aware of.

You should be aware of it. The SEC has television contracts with television partners. CBS, ESPN/SEC Network, at times Fox Sports South. Every game in almost every sport is eligble to be picked up by one of those networks based on a pecking order. If the Houston game was available when CBS/CBS Sports Network is up to pick, it is theirs if they want it. There are 5 SEC bball games that day, 2 on SEC Network, 2 on CBS Sports Network and of course Kentucky on ESPN. The mothership CBS has the Big 12 Championship and the SEC Championship that afternoon.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

TexArkHogFan

Guess I'll be listening to this one on the radio then.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

SardisHog

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

hoglady

Comcast - Little Rock
CBSSN - Channel 274 or HD Channel 1303
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

bighog2255

It's a home game for Houston. Has nothing to do with Arkansas or SEC contracts. Houston's conference (AAC) is featured on that channel.

labb

fishes2000

I can't believe Comcast isn't available on the cbs sports app. So I would have to be home to watch it.

TexArkHogFan

I live in Texarkana and CBS Sports is available on Ch 139 on Cable One but is not available on the regular programming.  You have to pay extra to get it and since this is the only time I would use it, no thanks.

bjeffersonhog

Most cable companies will allow you to add their additional packs and cancel them and you pay a pro rated amount for the # of days you have the channel.

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

panhandlepig

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 28, 2017, 03:11:51 pm
Most cable companies will allow you to add their additional packs and cancel them and you pay a pro rated amount for the # of days you have the channel.

Yes they will. That works if you remember to follow up and cancel.  I added ESPNU a few years ago for some Hog game, never cancelled it and have watched it occasionally since.  I just called my cable company to see if I had CBSNN.  Yep I do.

It was probably added at the same time and I've never needed to watch it.  I did have to ask what channel it is. It's 1328.  I'm all set. Go Hogs. Beat Houston.

earshot

dalefromspringdale

Anyone know what channel it will be on ATT Uverse?

PennHOG

Wait, so this game will not be on WatchESPN?  I thought all SEC game are there?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Big Nasty 34

I saw on twitter that you can sign up for a free trial of Hulu Tv and get the game that way.

alohawg

Quote from: PennHOG on November 29, 2017, 09:45:16 am
Wait, so this game will not be on WatchESPN?  I thought all SEC game are there?

That's what I thought too.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: bighog2255 on November 28, 2017, 07:41:22 am
It's a home game for Houston. Has nothing to do with Arkansas or SEC contracts. Houston's conference (AAC) is featured on that channel.

This.

Thunderhog Jr

If your cable or satellite provider has CBS programming you should be able to get the CBS Sports app and stream the game.  I have CBS All Access and get the CBS Sports channel too.
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

arslp

My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

wlbrown9

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on November 29, 2017, 09:40:20 am
Anyone know what channel it will be on ATT Uverse?
1643 on Uverse here in Memphis area

gmarv

So when i go to the cbs sports app they don,t show dish,are the two of them still feuding over my money???

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: gmarv on November 29, 2017, 04:14:51 pm
So when i go to the cbs sports app they don,t show dish,are the two of them still feuding over my money???

Don't know about that but if you have a streaming device "ie" firestick or roku sign up for free trial of Sling TV then cancel. Sling should be listed as a provider...
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Hoggish1

Jeff Long

synthartist69

I wish they would just put all the games on the SEC network and be done with it... geeeeeezh

HAM ELLIOT

Looks like channel 2133 on Cox.

alohawg

Checked my channels, good to go! Wps!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

FineAsSwine

Quote from: alohawg on November 30, 2017, 01:55:40 am
Checked my channels, good to go! Wps!

Me too! For a moment there I thought I was going to have to find a bar or tavern to go to and watch the game.
Hogs up! Covid down!

DaveHogFan

apcapri

Quote from: Ben Steiger on November 28, 2017, 06:32:38 pm
Is the game on Spectrum?
I'm showing it on channel 139. I have Spectrum.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hawgdavis

Might be on their app

Hoggish1

Quote from: apcapri on November 30, 2017, 07:36:34 pm
I'm showing it on channel 139. I have Spectrum.

I don't show Spectrum having a 139

dfwalumdad

Dick Swineberg

And, good news for anybody listening on radio.....the game notes show Scott Inman on play by play with Coach Z.

panhandlepig

I'm just happy it's basketball season.  I'm trying my best to not be overly optimistic but this is going to be fun. I'm grateful we have so many options to watch or listen.

It wasn't always like this. I won't miss a game. Go Hogs.

TexArkHogFan

I hope every one checking their channels are making sure the channel is available.  I'm on Cable One and it shows the channel but it is not available unless you pay extra for it.  It is not part of the regular distribution package.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 28, 2017, 01:25:02 pm
I live in Texarkana and CBS Sports is available on Ch 139 on Cable One but is not available on the regular programming.  You have to pay extra to get it and since this is the only time I would use it, no thanks.
I live in T-Town also...says Hogs v Coogs on 139 at 1830 hrs this evening.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

crazyhawg57

jwhite_13

So I have roku and sling. I have downloaded the cbs sports app but I see no where that or live streams games. Any help? Does it just not pop up until game time?

coolbreeze3279

I have a Roku and PSVuE.  The CBS sports app on Roku doesn't show live TV.  Ive tried this before.  When the game starts I'm going to see if my CBS phone app has a live feed.  If not, I'm doing a trial on Hulu like someone suggested.

thirtythree

dsgreen

I signed up for a free trial of Hulu TV, you can do this even if you have a regular Hulu subscription but never signed up for tv.  CBS sports is casting to my TV now.

Applebottomjeans

Pretty pissed that I actually have a paid CBS all Access subscription yet it doesn't include CBS sports. What an effing joke

Letsroll1200

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: earshot on November 29, 2017, 06:58:00 am
DirectTV  is channel 221

Thank you. (Except the Cougs almost have us doubled up.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hoggish1