Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which was worse?

Started by litmachog, November 27, 2017, 08:07:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Which was worse?
His constant talking about everything but the game or the split screen so we could SEE him talk and watch the game at the same time?
That may have been more annoying. 

Hogginintheville

The split screen was horrible.

mhuff

November 27, 2017, 09:27:14 am #2 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:29:07 am by mhuff
I couldn't believe that he was that unprofessional. I wonder if 25% of words spoken were about the game. It appeared to me he was promoting Nike and tourism to me. I thought he was supposed to announce a game. I thought he had Alzheimer's or was somebody's grandfather who had wandered in from off the street and could remember the past but not the present. The guy announcing with him made very few basketball comments. I thought he was there just to humor Walton. Baskets were made by us and I wouldn't know who made them. I turned off the volume. I was glad though that someone recognized Thompson's ability. Overall worst annoiunsed games I have ever heard. I tuned in to hear about the Razorbacks and got some spinoff of the " Walton's."
Goodnight grampa.

bigred223

Split screen was infuriating

Cracker Jack

The split screen was the worst!  And you have to ask the question, WHY???  It seems as if ESPN feels that they have a real "celebrity" on their hands who must be the "featured act" of the broadcast.  I can't believe they didn't broadcast a promo stating, "join us for the basketball game between Ark-UConn, starring Bill Walton!" 

gmarv

Quote from: litmachog on November 27, 2017, 08:07:47 am
Which was worse?
His constant talking about everything but the game or the split screen so we could SEE him talk and watch the game at the same time?
That may have been more annoying. 
My goodness it was an awful experience i watched most of the game in mute mode.I am thankful for my 60" tv can,t imagine watching that split screen stuff back in the days of 21 inch tvs.

cityhog

Had to mute my TV. Couldn't take it.

Tejano Jawg

I recorded the NC game but still not too enthused to watch it. Maybe if I need a laxative, I can treat myself to some of that Walton "talking about some player in the 1970s" split screen.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork