Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will rankings come out? Where will we be?

Started by mj4president, November 26, 2017, 08:45:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Nosboar Accubond

Nope, not yet, we've not beaten a ranked squad or smacked a big enough school quite yet. Gettin close though

BrooklynRoss

If we win the next three we should be in the conversation.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

WPS501

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 26, 2017, 08:56:04 pm
If we win the next three we should be in the conversation.
if we win the next three we should be in easily

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 26, 2017, 08:47:10 pm
Nope, not yet, we've not beaten a ranked squad or smacked a big enough school quite yet. Gettin close though
smacking  UCONN by 40 is about as good as you can get against a big team LOL
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Danny J

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

popcornhog

Quote from: mj4president on November 26, 2017, 08:45:50 pm
I say number 23.

I'd say in the 23-30 range.

Huge win and in convincing fashion, but it's a game that we were favored to win. Combined with the OU win and the NC loss, I think it moves us forward several spots.
WPS

razorbackfan4life

This team is worthy of a top 15 ranking.  Lets see if we crack the top 25 first. 

We have all the pieces. 

hawg1221

Quote from: popcornhog on November 26, 2017, 10:50:44 pm
I'd say in the 23-30 range.

Huge win and in convincing fashion, but it's a game that we were favored to win. Combined with the OU win and the NC loss, I think it moves us forward several spots.

We were favored? I thought UCONN was.

shown006

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 27, 2017, 08:01:57 am
We were favored? I thought UCONN was.
Hogs were favored by 6.  I'd expect we are just outside the Top 25.  The OU win was our best win so far.  Hogs were 3 point underdogs in that game.
WPS!

cardsNhogs

3kgthog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 26, 2017, 09:08:34 pm
smacking  UCONN by 40 is about as good as you can get against a big team LOL

Let us rephrase. A big team that's any good. They lost their last two PK80 games by 55 points.

Warrior Way 22

I could see us being ranked or on the verge of being ranked. This Arkansas team is good and I really believe others recognize that.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

RaisinHog

Unc getting skull drug didn't help our case for now

jabber71

Last AP poll (Nov 20-26) we were ranked #39 since then #2 lost 3 games, #6 lost, #9 lost #10 lost, #15 lost, #17 lost, #18 lost 2 games, #23 lost, #25 lost, #32 lost, #34 lost 2 games, #35 lost, #36 (OU) lost to us #37A lost, #37B (Oregon) lost to a team we beat.

UConn was not listed in the top 50 so fun game but not a big win in this context.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

FineAsSwine

Win the next 3 and we will be ranked for sure. Not sure how high though but at least we will be in there. Lose to Houston and it will be a while before we get ranked. Just got to keep winning games.

TexArkHogFan

Beating Houston at Houston will cause more movement than beating OU and UCONN.  Follow that up with a win vs a ranked Minnesota should put us in the Top 25.  Our RPI is looking good.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hawg Red

I honestly couldn't care less if we are ranked in late November. Just keep winning. That'll all get sorted out.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Adam Stokes

I agree, just sitting on the outside. We got smacked by UNC who got smacked in their final round, and we only have one or two voters giving us any love a week ago. People are paying attention to the SEC now, but it'll take a week or two for them to come back around to us. If we lose to Minnesota we may not be ranked until SEC play.

gmarv

I don,t really care except for the fact you get more exposure along the way as a top 25 ranked team.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: gmarv on November 27, 2017, 09:05:20 am
I don,t really care except for the fact you get more exposure along the way as a top 25 ranked team.

Recruits look at rankings and ESPN exposure too. Helps with future classes.

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 27, 2017, 10:17:16 am
Recruits look at rankings and ESPN exposure too. Helps with future classes.

Well, we ain't got any spots open until 2020 (hard to believe we'd venture out of the state even then) so we have plenty of time to make an impression on recruits that aren't already interested/familiar.

(I get that stuff happens and a spot might come open after the season, but that's more likely to be for a grad transfer.)