Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How in the world are we not ranked top 25?!!

Started by Cavosea1, November 26, 2017, 04:22:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavosea1

We are not getting enough respect!  This team is super athletic n i c us finishing top 3 n sec again.  Macon/Barford combo is just devastating for teams. 

pghawg1

HoopS

We better get more votes than UConn, OU and Oregon just to name a few.

Cavosea1

Quote from: HoopS on November 26, 2017, 04:25:05 pm
We better get more votes than UConn, OU and Oregon just to name a few.

I DEFINTELY agree!!! Where do you think our rpi will jump to?

jjdlc

We should be getting close.  Take care of Minnesota coming up and we'll get in.

BannerMountainMan

We will be ranked on the new update tomorrow. Book it
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Cavosea1 on November 26, 2017, 04:26:10 pm
I DEFINTELY agree!!! Where do you think our rpi will jump to?

Way too early to care about RPI, but for the record, it's now at 7.

HogMantheIntruder

We were just outside before this. I think with the quality win against OK and the epic beatdown we just put on UCONN we make it in.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 26, 2017, 04:54:01 pm
Way too early to care about RPI, but for the record, it's now at 7.

Do you mean the fans?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 26, 2017, 04:55:42 pm
We were just outside before this. I think with the quality win against OK and the epic beatdown we just put on UCONN we make it in.

Amen for wins but you cant leave out that quality loss. That works in our favor too...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Wisco Pig

Quote from: HawgnCorona on November 26, 2017, 05:00:45 pm
Do you mean the fans?

I mean that it's November.    I'm excited about the team, about Jones rounding into form the last two games, Gafford getting a lot of great experience, etc., but the RPI is too volatile right now to get very excited about.

Temprees

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 26, 2017, 05:04:15 pm
I mean that it's November.    I'm excited about the team, about Jones rounding into form the last two games, Gafford getting a lot of great experience, etc., but the RPI is too volatile right now to get very excited about.
I agree about the RPI now, but an early 7 is better than an early 45

HawgWild

Nosboar Accubond

checkraiser88

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 26, 2017, 05:14:40 pm
Gotta beat a ranked team

How many teams are in college basketball? I think we'll be ranked next week

hawgball40

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 26, 2017, 05:16:25 pm
How many teams are in college basketball? I think we'll be ranked next week
maybe. If SMC loses to UGA who their trailing, they might fall out of the top 25. leaving us the chance to creep in. Bama may fall out too after their loss to Minnesota, but maybe not. they are super overhyped right now.

factchecker

The win over Oklahoma is going to be good.

They finish the PK-80 2-1 and beat Oregon today by 10.

Freshman Trae Young had a season-high 43 points against the Ducks.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawkhawg

Quote from: factchecker on November 26, 2017, 05:20:21 pm

Trae Young is really good.  Oklahoma is going to win a lot of games.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 26, 2017, 05:04:15 pm

Ok. As for CJ if he can continue to catch and shoot in rhythm we should get more scoring out of that wing spot...Darius kick it up a notch too. What can you not say good about the Gaff?

These guys should get some quality minutes...That will be good for us.

jjdlc

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 05:19:39 pm
maybe. If SMC loses to UGA who their trailing, they might fall out of the top 25. leaving us the chance to creep in. Bama may fall out too after their loss to Minnesota, but maybe not. they are super overhyped right now.

Bama is getting a lot of love for cutting the deficit in that game to 5 with only 3 players.  I wouldn't be surprised if they stay in.

HoggyCat

Because we've played one quality opponent and lost bad. Oklahoma won't end the season ranked and UConn won't even sniff post season play.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 26, 2017, 05:26:46 pm
Because we've played one quality opponent and lost bad. Oklahoma won't end the season ranked and UConn won't even sniff post season play.
just because we man handled em doesn't mean they are bad
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Gizmo

Quote from: Cavosea1 on November 26, 2017, 04:22:29 pm
We are not getting enough respect!  This team is super athletic n i c us finishing top 3 n sec again.  Macon/Barford combo is just devastating for teams.

I can't give you any credibilty when you can't even take the time out to spell, "and I see." Not to mention, "top three in the SEC." How lazy are you? For Christ's sake, you spelled out, "devastating." Did that wear you out?

Randohoggie

We've played 6 teams and all of them could be tournament teams.  4 or 5 of them definitely will.

Cavosea1

Quote from: Gizmo on November 26, 2017, 05:29:21 pm
I can't give you any credibilty when you can't even take the time out to spell, "and I see." Not to mention, "top three in the SEC." How lazy are you? For Christ's sake, you spelled out, "devastating." Did that wear you out?

Man u need a hug? Lol calm down

cardsNhogs

SPAL

Lol. This is why hog fans are seen as ignorant. It's sad. We have knowledgeable fans, it's just the idiots overshadow them.

jry04

I love how people see us play a game an immediately ask how we aren't ranked as if the voters vote on games that just finished. We should receive more votes, but we have yet to beat a ranked team. OU will make the NCAAT, but UConn likely will not. We lost by double digits to the only good team we have played this year. Keep winning and we will be ranked, but you can understand why an unranked team that lost 3 starters and signed 0 5* players is not considered a top 25 team 2-3 weeks into the season.

oldbooniehog

I hope the Hogs are really good this year.

No national respect yet because they have not earned any this year, and not much the last 20 years or so.

As to Gafford question, one thing to not like is his fouling. Fouled our today with more than 5 minutes left to play. He has to fix that, for sure.

Want to see them beat a ranked team and have hot start in conference play.

texas tush hog

Quote from: factchecker on November 26, 2017, 05:20:21 pm

Trae Young is the real deal. One and done.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: cardsNhogs on November 26, 2017, 05:37:14 pm
no we won't
why wouldn't we be? #7 in RPI, number 29 in KenPom, already had votes before this. Absolutely KILLED a decent UCONN team who just beat a decent Oregon team and beat An Oklahoma team who had more votes than us in top 25

texas tush hog

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 26, 2017, 06:03:14 pm

No national respect yet because they have not earned any this year, and not much the last 20 years or so.

As to Gafford question, one thing to not like is his fouling. Fouled our today with more than 5 minutes left to play. He has to fix that, for sure.

Yea, he will fix it, and then he's a one and done by season's end.

Danny J

I still think with a healthy roster including Garland and cook we are a legit top 15 team. What I think we SHOULD be and what will eventually happen may be 2 totally different things. We will likely be right at 25 come tomorrow. Even good ranked teams get beat by double digits by good top 10 teams.

rude1

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 26, 2017, 06:03:14 pm

Was watching Gafford and he gets himself in trouble by not knowing when to quit on a play, what I mean by that is, you will see him battle and battle for a rebound, but when the other player wins the battle and gets the ball, he has a bad habit of either reaching in for the cheap one or bodying the guy for the cheap one, has to learn when that play is over and get back on defense. Also has to learn to give up the basket at times and not get the foul under the rim contesting everything, give up  the two, keep yourself in the game.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: jry04 on November 26, 2017, 05:50:25 pm
We lost by double digits to the only good team we have played this year.

This is ridiculous.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

jry04

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on November 26, 2017, 06:14:35 pm
This is ridiculous.
Sorry, meant to say ranked team. I think we are a good team, but people crying that we aren't ranked when coming into this week is what is really ridiculous. We lost 3 starters off an unranked team that went 1-1 in the NCAAT, did not sign a top 10 class, and haven't be a top 25 team yet. That typically does not get you a top 25 ranking in the preseason. It is pretty easy to understand why we are not ranked at the moment. Beat Houston on the road and we are probably top 25.

cardsNhogs

Oklahoma will end up being a great win. They are good!

Been10Hog

Quote from: jjdlc on November 26, 2017, 04:50:22 pm
We should try playing with only three like Bama!

mhuff

Quote from: Gizmo on November 26, 2017, 05:29:21 pm

I can't give you credit either for running your mouth about a grammar or spelling error . If you expect posts to be grammatically correct on HV, you're really going to be disappointed. 

Gizmo

Quote from: mhuff on November 26, 2017, 06:33:09 pm
I can't give you credit either for running your mouth about a grammar or spelling error . If you expect posts to be grammatically correct on HV, you're really going to be disappointed.

I'm not disappointed, child. This is what I expect. I've said for years that the only people on Earth that are dumber than those who call into sports radio are the majority of posters on Hogville. Case in point.

mhuff

Well son I guess like Clint Eastwood said, " A man has to know his limitations."  So now I know why you joined this board. However, this is a board that doesn't put up with a bunch of bs. Most of the time they are trolls who only come on here to stir up a mess. They don't last too long.

popcornhog

Quote from: Cavosea1 on November 26, 2017, 04:22:29 pm

Ummm, because polls don't come out 10 seconds after the game.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Temprees on November 26, 2017, 05:07:19 pm
I agree about the RPI now, but an early 7 is better than an early 45

Yeah, it's great, I think his point was just that RPI is meaningless without a larger sample size.
WPS

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on November 26, 2017, 06:13:02 pm
Was watching Gafford and he gets himself in trouble by not knowing when to quit on a play, what I mean by that is, you will see him battle and battle for a rebound, but when the other player wins the battle and gets the ball, he has a bad habit of either reaching in for the cheap one or bodying the guy for the cheap one, has to learn when that play is over and get back on defense. Also has to learn to give up the basket at times and not get the foul under the rim contesting everything, give up  the two, keep yourself in the game.
Yep and when he corrects that he will stop fouling out which makes us a much better team

Cavosea1

Quote from: Gizmo on November 26, 2017, 06:51:02 pm
I'm not disappointed, child. This is what I expect. I've said for years that the only people on Earth that are dumber than those who call into sports radio are the majority of posters on Hogville. Case in point.

Its a blog bro.  U going too far smh.  U getting off subject by debating senseless stuff.  At least im not the only person noticing ur dumbness....

hawgball40

i don't think your biscuit is done in the middle.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: jjdlc on November 26, 2017, 04:50:22 pm

Alabama almost took them out with 3 players.  Surely we can, right?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra