Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (4-0, 0-0 SEC) vs North Carolina (4-0, 0-0 ACC)

Started by hawgball40, November 24, 2017, 02:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

TM Hog

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hawgball40

hogs look completely worn out. darn, we need someone to step up or we'll lose this game for sure.

TM Hog

TebowHater

Despite the refs (which are aiding UNC Point total), I am confused how UNC's D is so good in limiting ours. I feel like we haven't had hardly any open looks and they are just all over us

alohawg

Quote from: TM Hog on November 24, 2017, 03:11:52 pm
This is not going to be good. The refs won't allow it .

They're so in your face with one sided calls/no calls, unreal. I HATE them
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

JonClaudeVanHam

We can't win this one being this tired while the refs are calling it this poorly. UNC simply isn't better than us, but it's frustrating to play them after they played Portland yesterday afternoon and got to rest their best the final ten minutes while we played OU that night.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Breems

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 24, 2017, 03:11:46 pm
hogs look completely worn out. darn, we need someone to step up or we'll lose this game for sure.

I'll be very surprised if we pull this off. UNC's halfcourt D is very good. Our non-Gafford post players do not play offense, so it's all up to Beard, Barford, and Macon.

HogInThaGrove

We are dead tired.  Won't move without ball, terrible spacing, no cuts.  Mike gonna have to play some bench guys or the 2nd half won't matter, we will be too far down. 

Hogz87

We're still nowhere close to being in the bonus. We're shooting 35%, UNC is in the double bonus and we're not even in the bonus with 3 minutes left in the half, and we're only down by 8 against a top 10 team. I'm surprised we aren't down 20.

hawgball40

PetrinoFan

Were not getting the calls to get us to the bonus line.  Of course were gassed out.

HogFaninMemphis

This one is getting out of hand. Mike better make some MAJOR adjustments at halftime. We can't get a shot off, and they're getting layups. I'd be shocked if this game ends in single digits. getting beat and outplayed by a far superior team. Surely one of the adjustments will be having someone besides Thomas guarding Maye. Maybe Gafford can stick with him, Idk.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Rawker

Bummer.  Nothing falling.  Gafford has to leave early.  NC playing stellar defense.  And that g*****m Maye on fire.

jfred59

Quote from: hogz11 on November 24, 2017, 03:12:05 pm
Because they are paid and told to

And PK has said that he wants a UNCheat and Michigan State matchup Sunday

razorbackchamps94

Once a team clamps us down on D in the half court we will not have an answer all year

HogHomer

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on November 24, 2017, 03:20:45 pm
This one is getting out of hand. Mike better make some MAJOR adjustments at halftime. We can't get a shot off, and they're getting layups. I'd be shocked if this game ends in single digits. getting beat and outplayed by a far superior team. Surely one of the adjustments will be having someone besides Thomas guarding Maye. Maybe Gafford can stick with him, Idk.
It helps to have a great game when the refs are letting you walk you way to the basket and then bailing you out when you miss.

HawgHeadCheese

I'm not worried at all. Macon isn't hitting shots, Bradford and Gafford are on the bench with fouls, and we've missed a few easy baskets. For some reason I feel confident about the 2nd half.

BannerMountainMan

I'm satisfied, I know we can play with the best in the country now even when we are playing bad!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hollywood_HOGan45

I can't watch the second half. We aren't playing well and the refs aren't calling anything on Carolina.  I expected but it still sucks.

alohawg

They're not that superior without a major assist from the refs the entire 1st half. A fairly called game would be a 3-4 pt Carolina lead right now.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hawgball40

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on November 24, 2017, 03:20:45 pm
I wouldn't say they are far superior. We're just tired and they aren't. Plus they have the refs so it looks lopsided. Mike needs to keep increasing our talent level though, that much I agree with. Seems his teams will be playing 8 on 5 for the foreseeable future.

Breems

We're good, but not quite ready for this game.

We could still win if Gafford avoids foul trouble and we shoot decently from 3. Otherwise, having 0 post offense just won't get it done against UNCheat.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 03:22:54 pm
I'm satisfied, I know we can play with the best in the country now even when we are playing bad!

Very poor officiating is killing us plus Carolina is so much bigger.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: alohawg on November 24, 2017, 03:23:16 pm
They're not that superior without a major assist from the refs the entire 1st half. A fairly called game would be a 3-4 pt Carolina lead right now.
Want game are you watching ? We can barley get a shot off and Carolina shooting Lay ups

HogFansReunited

Ugly half, nothing is falling and the refs are just bad. By far the worst officiating we have seen this year.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

checkraiser88

TNhawgfan

We won't play back to back days again until SEC tourney. Good thing too cause we aren't deep
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jfred59

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 24, 2017, 03:24:22 pm
Want game are you watching ? We can barley get a shot off and Carolina shooting Lay ups

Which game are you watching?  UNCheat gets by with Felony Assault on defense and their Daddies in strips wont call anything unless Roy tells them its ok

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 24, 2017, 03:22:50 pm
I'm not worried at all. Macon isn't hitting shots, Bradford and Gafford are on the bench with fouls, and we've missed a few easy baskets. For some reason I feel confident about the 2nd half.

Arkansas shot light's out yesterday on the end we will have next half.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TM Hog

We are tired. But the blatant bias by the refs allows UNC to play agressive while we are forced to play timid.

Rbill

Quote from: TebowHater on November 24, 2017, 03:12:36 pm
Despite the refs (which are aiding UNC Point total), I am confused how UNC's D is so good in limiting ours. I feel like we haven't had hardly any open looks and they are just all over us

You must have missed the beginning of the game. We should have built a much bigger lead with all the makeable shots we missed.

And unfortunately we've reverted to the absolutely inept half court who wants to be a hero plan since then.

Bill Walton is absolutely accurate that we have shown a lack of offensive leadership.

hawgball40

Quote from: jfred59 on November 24, 2017, 03:22:03 pm
And PK has said that he wants a UNCheat and Michigan State matchup Sunday
if that were true, why would he let oregon lose in the first round? not buying it. now officials cheating to help Vegas or protect the blue bloods, that i believe.

alohawg

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 24, 2017, 03:24:22 pm

They began getting those layups after calling fouls on Arkansas for breathing on Carolina. In the first 5 minutes they weren't getting jack, then the memo went out apparently.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

b-ball coach

Foul count is hard to overcome. Thomas is hustling but a huge liability on D. When he came in the run started, he can't guard the ball, hedge or switch without giving up straight line drives to the rim. Barford not showing up isn't helping. We have a good team but they have depth and a great defensive team. It's not over but we have to play Gafford, Jones and Bailey not Thompson and Thomas who are both slow defensively. We came back from 17 down last year, don't give up on this group!

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: alohawg on November 24, 2017, 03:27:44 pm
They began getting those layups after calling fouls on Arkansas for breathing on Carolina. In the first 5 minutes they weren't getting jack, then the memo went out apparently.

At one point it was 9 fouls to 1...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

alohawg

Quote from: TM Hog on November 24, 2017, 03:26:51 pm
We are tired. But the blatant bias by the refs allows UNC to play agressive while we are forced to play timid.

Bingo
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

XavierZane

Same ole ref protection.  I swear it's the exact same script every time we play one of the blue bloods.

The_Bionic_Pig

Carolina stopped turning the ball over because we stopped scoring to set up the Defense!!

If anyone CJ, Beard, Barford or Macon gets hot it will force the Heels to play at a undesirable pace.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Letsroll1200

We need CJ Jones to be average! He has to get some confidence. Our lack of half court offense is killing us.

Dr. Starcs

Allowing nc to lock us down in the half court. Helps hem a lot when the refs allow them to be so physical. Nothing new with playing a blue blood of college basketball.