Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There are not 5

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 24, 2017, 10:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Teams in the country better than Arkansas.

For the first time in 20 years, you watch this team and we have several stone cold killers on this team. There are no better guards in the country and we have solid post play. We are all going to have great fun watching this year.

There aren't 5 better teams in the country.

PRJ

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HF#1

We'll find out today. Win today and literally everything becomes possible. Today could be our "Hello World" moment for the Anderson era.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogFoo

Totally agree.  I had heard all summer how good they were.  But still, being skeptical, I figured I'd use logic and say, Th eyd have some early losses and then around mid season, Th eyd gell, and then go on a win streak that led all the way to the big dance in March and probably a 4 seed. 

I figured, between Gafford and thompson, we'd not miss Kingsley and I figured that Macon and Barford would be so much improved that between the two Th eyd make up for Dusty not being here.  I figured between the rest of the newcomers we'd easily make up for  Watkins.  I thought we'd see major improvement from Adrio, which we have, and also from cj.jones. I thought cj. Would be the X factor.  If he really made some improvements, this team could be pretty good.  Of course I was also counting on cook already playing.  I figured he would get over his juco-itis most players have when they 1st transfer.  Well, it's either they immediately work, and have great JR season or it takes them until SR year before they become the same talent they were that got them recruited from juco ranks.  Anyways, I thought we'd see a big step forward for Cook.  Hopefully he gets back soon.  I had heard Thomas had lost some weight was much quicker and looked a lot better.  Which, he did. He looked a little rusty but definitely could see improvement in his game.  I'm still hoping that garland gets cleared.  But, it is what it is.  This team is great.  And they are gonna just get better.  They are way ahead of where I had realistically thought Th eyd be, but they are right where I had hoped Th eyd be.  Now, if we can just beat UNC, get our revenge, I'll be happy,.    But, yes, this team is good, and is just getting better.  Before season I predicted  sweet 16 and elite 8 possibly.  Now, if they continue to get better, I could see a final 4 trip.  My friend thinks final 4.  Who knows.  It's gonna be a very fun ride tho! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

BannerMountainMan

As y'all know I'm just as a big supporter of the hogs as y'all are but let's hold our roll. This team can be the best and lets go with the ride instead of saying we are already at the top, it adds up to more expectations and bigger heart breaks! Let's just go with the ride.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Tony Perkis

We'll find out in under 4 hours. 

rude1

Like this team a lot, don't see top 5 ability right now though. We do seem to check every box except for depth at the guard position, we start our best 3 and there is considerable drop off after that. Really need CJ to find his role on this team and become a bigger contributor.

hawgdavis

No matter what happens today as long as it's close if we go 3-1 in this tournament and I fully believe that's possible we should be in the top 10 when the poll comes out next week. I agree we are between 5-8 right now and by seasons end we will be a top 1-3 seed in the tournament. If that happens look out cause truly anything can happen from there. This team will mature a ton between now and then and that's scary.

hoglady

Not sure about Top 5 - but appears to be the best Arkansas team in 2 decades.
Exciting times indeed for Hog basketball fans.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Kevin

no sure about top 5. but this team does seem to have a lot of dog in them.

I like watching them
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 24, 2017, 12:12:43 pm
No matter what happens today as long as it's close if we go 3-1 in this tournament and I fully believe that's possible we should be in the top 10 when the poll comes out next week. I agree we are between 5-8 right now and by seasons end we will be a top 1-3 seed in the tournament. If that happens look out cause truly anything can happen from there. This team will mature a ton between now and then and that's scary.
only 3 games
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

RaisinHog

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 11:09:55 am
Like this team a lot, don't see top 5 ability right now though. We do seem to check every box except for depth at the guard position, we start our best 3 and there is considerable drop off after that. Really need CJ to find his role on this team and become a bigger contributor.

This can't be last year people on here told me cj should be starting

b-ball coach

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 11:09:55 am

Right on, we need just a little depth at the guard. Better play CJ and Hall more now to get ready for later. We are better than we have been in awhile, but let's just enjoy the early season success before we crown a Final Four birth.

BRHogfan

Trying to find the best comparison for this team.  In 1989, Arkansas lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.  Todd Day, Oliver Miller, and Lee Mayberry were all Freshmen.  The next year, Arkansas played Samford and was ranked #9 in the country to start the season. 

They went 30-5 and won the Southwest conference regular season and tournament titles.  They didn't lose a game from February 17th until March 31st to Duke in the Final Four.  They forced over 20 turnovers per game, scored 95.5 ppg, and assisted on 54% of made baskets.

We didn't start this season with that kind of ranking, but if we could come just close to matching the 1989-90 season, it would be a helluva ride. 

alohawg

Top 5 in the SEC right now- top 25 in America. Let them continue to write their place in history.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Bacon_Bitz

Great team this year.  But have you seen these teams play:

1. Florida
2. Texas A&M
3. Kansas
4. Wichita St
5. Notre Dame

And those are just teams I've seen with my own eyes that looked just as impressive as the Hogs.  Granted, I think we could hang with any of these teams, except maybe Florida.

rude1

Quote from: RaisinHog on November 24, 2017, 12:32:52 pm
This can't be last year people on here told me cj should be starting
Exaggerate much? NOBODY said anything about CJ starting, most were saying he should be playing more, and if he had played more maybe he would be better now.

010HogFan

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on November 24, 2017, 12:55:43 pm
Great team this year.  But have you seen these teams play:

1. Florida
2. Texas A&M
3. Kansas
4. Wichita St
5. Notre Dame

And those are just teams I've seen with my own eyes that looked just as impressive as the Hogs.  Granted, I think we could hang with any of these teams, except maybe Florida.

Kansas looked awful against Kentucky. I think we would beat them.

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 24, 2017, 10:47:28 am
Teams in the country better than Arkansas.

For the first time in 20 years, you watch this team and we have several stone cold killers on this team. There are no better guards in the country and we have solid post play. We are all going to have great fun watching this year.

There aren't 5 better teams in the country.

PRJ

And the best player doesn't start yet. By mid season he will be destroying every team we play including ky