Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I really feel badly for the players

Started by JHicks3636, November 18, 2017, 02:40:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

I seldom post in this forum and almost never post anything negative on any forum, but it is a shame that these kids were robbed of any chance to win this game by bad coaching. Overall play calling aside, the 4th down try was a pitiful decision. Don't give me any of that "We'd be talking about it being a good call if it had worked.". We've been horrible on short yardage situations this year. We are in our own territory. Punt it, try to pin them back, maybe they make a mistake. Sure they might still drive and score but the odds are against them. At least make them work for it. I was for keeping CBB until the end of the season but I say cut him loose now. If Long had lost the support of everyone and he was booted, I'd bet he'd have more support than Bielema at this point. Rant over. I'll head back to baseball.

BR

I do feel bad for the players also... Hopefully they have someone that can lead them better next year... The injuries this year played a part, but they still should of been coached a hell of lot better this season..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Vantage 8 dude

Our team may not have the overall talent of most of our opponents; however, when you combine that with terrible play calling and coaching it's virtually impossible to overcome and win. The players, fans and overall program most certainly deserve far better. End this misery and go ahead and make CBB's firing official already. What the heck are we waiting for ??? ::)

clew

Talent-wise we are a 7-5 team. 8+ wins wouldn't have been a phenomenal coaching achievement. Less than 7 would have been underperforming. 4-5 wins is just stoopid.
Pure as the dawn

hawginbigd1

Defense definitely deserved better, and they weren't perfect but I thought our makeshift OL could have got it done if the coaching and QB were better. There are a few players I am cool with their eligibility being over but I thought they should have got to go out as winners at last home game.

Grag T

They deserve better coaching.  They are playing hard and it's not like there isn't talent out there.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

rusvegashog

Well I feel bad for the player because unlike the fan base and the media they've obviously never QUIT on their team or their selves. That tells me more about those players and that coaching staff than anyone's opinion ever will.

Snouty

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 18, 2017, 02:52:28 pm
Defense definitely deserved better, and they weren't perfect but I thought our makeshift OL could have got it done if the coaching and QB were better. There are a few players I am cool with their eligibility being over but I thought they should have got to go out as winners at last home game.

The Missouri game on Friday is a home game. They could still possibly go out as winners.

bigdogbitting

I feel bad for our players. They fought scratched and clawed ms st all day. Unfortunately they were severly hadicapped by Moe, Larry, and Curly calling plays.