Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The GSD

Started by Karma, November 16, 2017, 08:19:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I thought this was finally over, and didn't think we would ever play in WMS again. But part of the context of Long being "out of touch" with what it means to be a Razorback was his campaign to end playing in WMS. Did you notice the articles yesterday that mentioned Long going to board members about wanting to end playing in LR and the push back he got, even from the governor? The same money that is paying to get rid of him, to get rid of Bielema, and paying for the next coach also seems to want to play in WMS. It doesn't get more "Good Ole Boy" than playing in the Rock, so we better get used to it.

Pork Ranger

I think it's dumb how much this has divided our fan base. It's really not that big of a deal to play one marquee game a year in LR. I think ASU would be perfect and, to me, makes sense on a ton of levels. The hate towards it baffles me.

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 08:19:04 am
I thought this was finally over, and didn't think we would ever play in WMS again. But part of the context of Long being "out of touch" with what it means to be a Razorback was his campaign to end playing in WMS. Did you notice the articles yesterday that mentioned Long going to board members about wanting to end playing in LR and the push back he got, even from the governor? The same money that is paying to get rid of him, to get rid of Bielema, and paying for the next coach also seems to want to play in WMS. It doesn't get more "Good Ole Boy" than playing in the Rock, so we better get used to it.

All I read was the amount the UofA said was needed for upgrades, and where the ticket holders came from. I suspect, they'll try to keep a game, but the GOB should have to make up the revenue difference, lol.

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 08:22:40 am
All I read was the amount the UofA said was needed for upgrades, and where the ticket holders came from. I suspect, they'll try to keep a game, but the GOB should have to make up the revenue difference, lol.
And maybe they will. They make up every other revenue difference.

ipigsooie

I'm not a fan of the LR game but it looks like it is here to stay. We need a coach with roots that will embrace it and not look at it like as an away game. I know HDN loved the LR games and I  hope we get a coach with a similar attitude about it.

NaturalStateReb

WMS is part of the rich guy soap opera that's LR vs. NWA.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 08:21:21 am
I think it's dumb how much this has divided our fan base. It's really not that big of a deal to play one marquee game a year in LR. I think ASU would be perfect and, to me, makes sense on a ton of levels. The hate towards it baffles me.
+1 I also think Tommy Tuberville had a great idea, play the spring game in little rock as well. It gives the spring game more of a gameday atmosphere for players and fans alike
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Fan1958

It's really nauseating to hear all the whining about playing one game a year in LR.  We hear about traditions i.e. uniforms, the helmet, running through the "A", the hog call but yet want to throw out the one tradition that actually made the program what it is today and that is playing in LR. Yep, I recognize the stadium in F'ville is a "palace" but I can also remember wading ankle deep in piss laden water in RRS as late as the 88 aTm game. But we hear JL doesn't know anything about tradition so that's the reason to can him.

Those of you using the excuse of the difference in money is laughable.  It's not your money.  The athletic department generates over $100 million in annual revenue. So what if a game in LR "costs" $2 million in revenue.  That's .02% of the income generated for the year.

Nobody else does it.  So what? Back when 3-4 games a year were played in LR were some of the best years of Razorback football.

Keep the LR game rolling, play a decent opponent and reunite the fan base.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hoglady

I fully understand wanting all games in Fayetteville.
There were always going to be some hard feelings about it - Long's approach to removing games was wrong.
What was coming out of his mouth and his behind the scenes actions toward WMS never quite matched.
He then allowed his head football coach to complain about the game publicly.
Just how stupid was that???
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 16, 2017, 08:34:51 am
It's really nauseating to hear all the whining about playing one game a year in LR.  We hear about traditions i.e. uniforms, the helmet, running through the "A", the hog call but yet want to throw out the one tradition that actually made the program what it is today and that is playing in LR. Yep, I recognize the stadium in F'ville is a "palace" but I can also remember wading ankle deep in piss laden water in RRS as late as the 88 aTm game. But we hear JL doesn't know anything about tradition so that's the reason to can him.

Those of you using the excuse of the difference in money is laughable.  It's not your money.  The athletic department generates over $100 million in annual revenue. So what if a game in LR "costs" $2 million in revenue.  That's .02% of the income generated for the year.

Nobody else does it.  So what? Back when 3-4 games a year were played in LR were some of the best years of Razorback football.

Keep the LR game rolling, play a decent opponent and reunite the fan base.
I'll point this out before someone else kicks you in the knee about it, but the difference in revenue is 2%, not .02%.

There is probably not a coincidence that the price tag to improve WMS came out the day before Long was fired. You notice the price tag included making the stadium ready for "SEC tv games." That is coming in the future now that the new regime is the old regime.

BigK_HogHeaven

I think I lend a unique perspective on the LR game. I was born and raised in Central Arkansas, came to U of A for college and have lived in NWA ever since. The LR game was a key part of my childhood and was how I was first exposed to the Hogs. I went to probably 20 games at WMS before I ever got the chance to see a game in Fayetteville. That's something that we shouldn't take away from Central Ark. Most in NWA don't realize the impact that the game in LR has. I'm 100% in favor of keeping a game there, even though it takes a game away from NWA, where I live. I want every kid in Central, Southern, and Eastern Arkansas to have access to see the Hogs play the way that I got to.

Fan1958

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 08:49:06 am
I'll point this out before someone else kicks you in the knee about it, but the difference in revenue is 2%, not .02%.

There is probably not a coincidence that the price tag to improve WMS came out the day before Long was fired. You notice the price tag included making the stadium ready for "SEC tv games." That is coming in the future now that the new regime is the old regime.

Yep, got my decimal point in the wrong spot but you get the drift. The money is peanuts.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

DeltaBoy

It Simple the STATE got to Man up and pay to fix WMS to keep the Hogs and Keep other events coming to Little Rock. 

Or Demo it and Build a Brand New WMS in LR.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

It is obvious the UofA could make more money by requiring the people of Arkansas to come to Fayetteville for all games. But does that service your customer or client base. There are many businesses who have satellite offices. Historically Arkansas has played in Little Rock and I think they should continue.
People with opposing views site the older facilities. But how many of those people have watched football  games sitting on metal bleachers or lawn chairs? It is ridiculous to complain about that if you wish to support your team.
Now if the dressing rooms need to be up graded for the teams comfort do that of course.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Fan1958

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 16, 2017, 08:50:03 am
I think I lend a unique perspective on the LR game. I was born and raised in Central Arkansas, came to U of A for college and have lived in NWA ever since. The LR game was a key part of my childhood and was how I was first exposed to the Hogs. I went to probably 20 games at WMS before I ever got the chance to see a game in Fayetteville. That's something that we shouldn't take away from Central Ark. Most in NWA don't realize the impact that the game in LR has. I'm 100% in favor of keeping a game there, even though it takes a game away from NWA, where I live. I want every kid in Central, Southern, and Eastern Arkansas to have access to see the Hogs play the way that I got to.

Good post.  I was in the same boat.

Relative to taking a game away from NWA, let's delete that darned game in Arlington every year and get it back to a true home-and-home situation.  Arkansas has had its ass kicked every time and I see absolutely no advantage of playing there.  Don't even start with the recruiting nonsense.

Hog Waller

As a little guy I would of never had a chance to attend a Razorback game and become a life long fan if all the games had been played in NWA. 

In my opinion there should be at least one game a year played at WM.  I know if people could they would smite the hell out of me for what I am about to type, but personally I'd like to see a state rivalry (A State) and 1 SEC game played there each year.  I know that won't happen, especially now since the U of A needs to get that ROI on the stadium expansion.  So at a minimum play 1 game a year at WMS, and play that game against A State.

Bottom line, you can't expect Central Arkansas to travel to NWA for all the games, and the U of A cannot ignore the needs of the Central Arkansas fan base. 

I do agree the State needs to upgrade and freshen up WMS.

TrueBlue

You can make up some of the revenue difference if you had a ASU vs. THE University of Arkansas game in WMS and charge at least $100 a ticket.

It would sell out. That would generate $5.4MM a game. (54,000 seats)

And I agree about the exposure. We have had some fine football players coming from south and east Arkansas through the years (Warren, Camden, etc..) and it is tough to place a price tag on creating a fan base that can go to at least one game a year.

S.A.D.C

It was interesting yesterday- Clay Henry said that Frank's support began to fall apart when he was trying to pull back the game in LR.  If that contributed to taking Frank out then no one will be able to get it done. 

oldhawg

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 16, 2017, 09:03:25 am
Yep, got my decimal point in the wrong spot but you get the drift. The money is peanuts.

Two million dollars of lost revenue could translate to a lot of scholarships for various sports not being funded, or facilities improvements (not just football), or funds to fire an ineffective coach, or donations to the academic side of the house.  It's more than just "peanuts."

Cotton

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 09:05:13 am
It Simple the STATE got to Man up and pay to fix WMS to keep the Hogs and Keep other events coming to Little Rock. 

Tear it down.

The seats and rows are too close together. I'm sick of getting kneed in the back and having to straddle Mrs. Louise for 3 and half hours. 
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Seebs

Nothing like playing a game that if the wind changes direction you inhale copious amount of gorilla fecal matter and Dyk Dyk Miss.

I must admit it is the same in Fayettevile if the wind blows past the Delta Delta Delta house just right.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Kicking Wing

I believe it was before the State took over WMS but there was a chance to bring a bowl game to WMS and those involved blew it.  Every opportunity to bring 30K or more people to WMS should be explored whether it is a football game or a concert.  Other cities and stadiums work to bring games even if they have to pay teams to move a game.  WMS wants to charge rent and keep concessions and parking and do very little to entice games to move to WMS.  Again, maybe the change in ownership will lead to some common sense tourism decisions.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 09:05:13 am

It's going to cost at least $10 million to do it.  That means we either have to raise $10 million from somewhere, or take $10 million away from somewhere. 

$10 million is still a lot of money, even in Arkansas state government.  What do you take $10 million from?  K-12 education?  Roads?  Prisons?  Higher ed?  Health?  Child Protection?  Police?  Parks?

If you decide not to take it from other places, then you've got to raise it.  That means that you either have to:

-Raise a tax for collect a statewide fee dedicated to WMS
-Solicit private donations
-Take out a bond based on a future revenue stream

WMS doesn't break even--it needs government subsidies to survive, so borrowing against future revenue generation is probably out.  This legislature doesn't seem to be the "let's pass a tax" sort of bunch.  That means it's pretty much outside money or bust.  Someone's going to have to be willing to put $10 million in the kitty, or at least a substantial part of it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Kicking Wing on November 16, 2017, 10:20:50 am
I believe it was before the State took over WMS but there was a chance to bring a bowl game to WMS and those involved blew it.  Every opportunity to bring 30K or more people to WMS should be explored whether it is a football game or a concert.  Other cities and stadiums work to bring games even if they have to pay teams to move a game.  WMS wants to charge rent and keep concessions and parking and do very little to entice games to move to WMS.  Again, maybe the change in ownership will lead to some common sense tourism decisions.

Parks is working very hard to make sure that WMS is booked for something large or small as much as possible.  They're doing everything from ballgames and concerts to birthday parties. 

WMS was a bigger fiscal mess than many people realize.  Parks has a clean-up job on its hands with WMS.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 16, 2017, 10:21:08 am
It's going to cost at least $10 million to do it.  That means we either have to raise $10 million from somewhere, or take $10 million away from somewhere. 

$10 million is still a lot of money, even in Arkansas state government.  What do you take $10 million from?  K-12 education?  Roads?  Prisons?  Higher ed?  Health?  Child Protection?  Police?  Parks?

If you decide not to take it from other places, then you've got to raise it.  That means that you either have to:

WMS doesn't break even--it needs government subsidies to survive, so borrowing against future revenue generation is probably out.  This legislature doesn't seem to be the "let's pass a tax" sort of bunch.  That means it's pretty much outside money or bust.  Someone's going to have to be willing to put $10 million in the kitty, or at least a substantial part of it.

$10 million only gets up to minimal playing standards.  Hogs should not play there with it in this condition or with a $10 million bandaid.  If certain people insist on the Hogs playing there, they need to find a way to put $100 million or more into it.  Don't get me started on how much financial sense that makes for a state like Arkansas.  But if it has to happen at least get the venue modernized and make it attractive for fans, players, visiting fans and teams, media and for other events like concerts.  It is a war memorial after all and I would hate to see it crumble down.

I have no issue with the Hogs putting a game in WMS if it is updated.  7-8 games in RRS is a lot especially on those back to back weekends and after hunting season starts.  Truly update the stadium and put a game in it each season.

All marquee games should be in Fay - SEC and non conf. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cjack

Quote from: Cotton on November 16, 2017, 10:16:55 am
Tear it down.

The seats and rows are too close together. I'm sick of getting kneed in the back and having to straddle Mrs. Louise for 3 and half hours. 

That same issue is in Fayetteville too.  Now, it's not a problem in the suites or in the south endzone, but it's an issue where I sit. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 16, 2017, 10:02:55 am
You can make up some of the revenue difference if you had a ASU vs. THE University of Arkansas game in WMS and charge at least $100 a ticket.

And I agree about the exposure. We have had some fine football players coming from south and east Arkansas through the years (Warren, Camden, etc..) and it is tough to place a price tag on creating a fan base that can go to at least one game a year.

Hogs do not need ASU to sell out WMS.  Update the stadium, make it worthy of more than FCS opponents, make it attractive for fans to want to visit, make it an event again and not a burden and the attendance will be fine. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cjack

I also saw where the vast majority of the expense is to have better cell service and wifi.  That's what I work in, and there is no way that dollar amount is accurate.  Internet access is a buzz word complaint so I imagine that's the reason that dollar amount is inflated.

As far as where the games are played, I don't care.  I don't live in LR or NWA.  I'll go to either place.  The major complaint seems to be the NWA crowd not wanting to travel to a game like all the rest of the state has to do.  With the interstate north of Fort Smith now, the drive is not terrible to me.  In the "pig trail" days up 71, that was a complete nightmare.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: cjack on November 16, 2017, 10:33:56 am
I also saw where the vast majority of the expense is to have better cell service and wifi.  That's what I work in, and there is no way that dollar amount is accurate.  Internet access is a buzz word complaint so I imagine that's the reason that dollar amount is inflated.

As far as where the games are played, I don't care.  I don't live in LR or NWA.  I'll go to either place.  The major complaint seems to be the NWA crowd not wanting to travel to a game like all the rest of the state has to do.  With the interstate north of Fort Smith now, the drive is not terrible to me.  In the "pig trail" days up 71, that was a complete nightmare.

It isn't the major complaint. 

pigelow

cut out all the fraud of welfare in the state and they could build a brand new stadium in little rock with that revenue and it would probably reduce the crime rate there as well, since the freeloaders would actually have to get a job and would have less time to sit around and break the law. seems like a win win for the state and the city of little rock.

Quote from: pigelow on November 16, 2017, 10:36:59 am
cut out all the fraud of welfare in the state and they could build a brand new stadium in little rock with that revenue and it would probably reduce the crime rate there as well, since the freeloaders would actually have to get a job and would have less time to sit around and break the law. seems like a win win for the state and the city of little rock.

Cut social services and build a football stadium. Seems like a reasonable plan.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 10:28:41 am
$10 million only gets up to minimal playing standards.  Hogs should not play there with it in this condition or with a $10 million bandaid.  If certain people insist on the Hogs playing there, they need to find a way to put $100 million or more into it.  Don't get me started on how much financial sense that makes for a state like Arkansas.  But if it has to happen at least get the venue modernized and make it attractive for fans, players, visiting fans and teams, media and for other events like concerts.  It is a war memorial after all and I would hate to see it crumble down.

I have no issue with the Hogs putting a game in WMS if it is updated.  7-8 games in RRS is a lot especially on those back to back weekends and after hunting season starts.  Truly update the stadium and put a game in it each season.

All marquee games should be in Fay - SEC and non conf. 

Don't necessarily disagree, but if $10 million is a bunch, then $100 million is crazy money for the state.  That's about 10% of what all agencies get for operations, exclusive of education, higher ed, and prisons.  Consider that 40%, on average, of every dollar that the State of Arkansas spends actually comes from the federal government, and you can begin to see just how hard coming up with $100 million is. 

This kind of money, if it happens at all, is going to have to come mostly from private sources and the City of Little Rock.  $100 million would pretty much eat up the entire appropriation for all state parks, all expenses in FY18.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 16, 2017, 10:02:55 am

It generates $5.44 million in revenue, but not in income.

You have to subtract all of WMS' operating expenses for the event, plus the payouts for the two teams.  That's easily over half.  Heck, ASU gets over $1 million to play about anywhere that's P5.  Arkansas will want at least that, and presumably more. 

This isn't a silver bullet.  ASU/UA, if it's ever played, would actually make more money for both teams being played in Fayetteville.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 16, 2017, 10:21:08 am

The Money in LR built Dickey Stephens park and that Basketball Palace in NLR.  The Money is there via the State and the Money boys in the Rock.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: pigelow on November 16, 2017, 10:36:59 am

No.  Just, no.  Turn off Fox News.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 16, 2017, 10:58:42 am
Don't necessarily disagree, but if $10 million is a bunch, then $100 million is crazy money for the state.  That's about 10% of what all agencies get for operations, exclusive of education, higher ed, and prisons.  Consider that 40%, on average, of every dollar that the State of Arkansas spends actually comes from the federal government, and you can begin to see just how hard coming up with $100 million is. 

This kind of money, if it happens at all, is going to have to come mostly from private sources and the City of Little Rock.  $100 million would pretty much eat up the entire appropriation for all state parks, all expenses in FY18.

It's what is necessary.  I'd rather see 0 spent than $10 million.  Move on if this is all they are going to put in.  This issue has been kicked down the road for almost 20 years.  Longer but pro WMS will refer to Broyles comments there was no need to do upgrades.  Comments made 30 years ago.  Bandaid after bandaid when everyone knew at some point a real upgrade was going to have to happen.  It does not make financial sense for Arkansas.  But this is not a sensible issue.  It is an emotional one.  Private sources will have to contribute significantly.  As far as LR, I get tired of their argument that they don't own the stadium.  They don't but they benefit the most financially from game weekends. 

hogsanity

Why does it have to be a "marquee" game. If the people in that area love the Hogs so much, go watch them play FAMU.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 11:01:38 am
The Money in LR built Dickey Stephens park and that Basketball Palace in NLR.  The Money is there via the State and the Money boys in the Rock.

You're asking for $10-$100 million to pay for one football game that's not guaranteed to stick around.  It's a lot riskier deal than either Alltel Arena or Dickey Stevens was, and the cost could be as much as Alltel and Dickey-Stevens combined. 

I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's a different sort of deal. In order for that kind of money to be raised, Little Rock and the State of Arkansas would almost certainly need a long-term commitment from the university, like a 20+ year deal for at least 1, or maybe more, games.  Maybe we could lure in a bowl game.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 16, 2017, 11:04:26 am
It's what is necessary.  I'd rather see 0 spent than $10 million.  Move on if this is all they are going to put in.  This issue has been kicked down the road for almost 20 years.  Longer but pro WMS will refer to Broyles comments there was no need to do upgrades.  Comments made 30 years ago.  Bandaid after bandaid when everyone knew at some point a real upgrade was going to have to happen.  It does not make financial sense for Arkansas.  But this is not a sensible issue.  It is an emotional one.  Private sources will have to contribute significantly.  As far as LR, I get tired of their argument that they don't own the stadium.  They don't but they benefit the most financially from game weekends. 

I think Little Rock's got to play a role if WMS gets major upgrades.  They'll have to pass some kind of county-wide sales tax, probably.

pigelow

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 16, 2017, 11:01:46 am
No.  Just, no.  Turn off Fox News.
has nothing to do do with fox news, if you don't think fraud of the the welfare system is not happening then your turning a blind eye. i'm not saying cut out the welfare system for the people who need it but when the people on welfare live a better lifestyle than taxpayers paying for that benefit then there is a problem.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 16, 2017, 11:08:20 am
You're asking for $10-$100 million to pay for one football game that's not guaranteed to stick around.  It's a lot riskier deal than either Alltel Arena or Dickey Stevens was, and the cost could be as much as Alltel and Dickey-Stevens combined. 

I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it's a different sort of deal. In order for that kind of money to be raised, Little Rock and the State of Arkansas would almost certainly need a long-term commitment from the university, like a 20+ year deal for at least 1, or maybe more, games.  Maybe we could lure in a bowl game.

When you talk through this, it does not make financial sense.  $100 million for 20 games would be $5 million a game.  To try and figure out why and how to make it feasible, you have to ignore how dumb it is. 

hogsanity

When looking at something like this ask what are the pros and cons of doing it:

What are the pros of playing in LR? Do not say recruiting, ARK recruiting ranks about where it did when they were playing 3 games a year in LR.

What are the cons?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Torqued pork

Even if WMS was brought up to SEC standards it would only be a few years before more millions would be needed for more upgrades. Where would those millions come from?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 16, 2017, 11:47:19 am
Even if WMS was brought up to SEC standards it would only be a few years before more millions would be needed for more upgrades. Where would those millions come from?

The discussion NSR and I are having.  $10 million is a temporary fix to get it to minimal standard.  Those passionate about keeping games there should be addressing it.  Not talking about the common fan.  Again, this is something they have had 20 years to think about and be proactive.

tchog1956

New stadium in LR helps the city and would silence the whining from NWA. We need to keep the fan base together to ensure Razorback football continues to be the flagship university.  There are still many big money supporters in LR and that is who Jeff lost.  Frank knew better and hismodel worked. The best answer is a new Stadium for the capitol city!

The point of my post is not whether we should play at WMS, its that we are going to. The people who just pulled the coup want to play at WMS. The next AD, if he or she is smart, is going to support playing in WMS or run the risk of getting "Longed"

TrueBlue

Quote from: hogsanity on November 16, 2017, 11:06:36 am
Why does it have to be a "marquee" game. If the people in that area love the Hogs so much, go watch them play FAMU.

Please stop.

Play FAMU this weekend in Fayetteville, and you could count on your fingers and toes how many people would show up. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tchog1956 on November 16, 2017, 11:59:43 am
New stadium in LR helps the city and would silence the whining from NWA. We need to keep the fan base together to ensure Razorback football continues to be the flagship university.  There are still many big money supporters in LR and that is who Jeff lost.  Frank knew better and hismodel worked. The best answer is a new Stadium for the capitol city!

It isn't NWA whining.  New stadium probably not feasible. 

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 12:02:39 pm
The point of my post is not whether we should play at WMS, its that we are going to. The people who just pulled the coup want to play at WMS. The next AD, if he or she is smart, is going to support playing in WMS or run the risk of getting "Longed"

Support it if the facility is at least made adequate.  If those people want the Hogs playing at WMS, then find a way to do it. 

Torqued pork

Quote from: tchog1956 on November 16, 2017, 11:59:43 am
Little Rock couldn't or wouldn't come up with a plan to keep the Travelers on its side of  the river. Don't get your hopes up for a new stadium.