Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The aging of CBB...

Started by twistitup, November 15, 2017, 05:38:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ShadowTheHedgehog

The first two pics look the same yo me, one where he did not shave.

The last pic from the presser looks bad.

Godfather

Comparison...

2011 on top | 2017 on bottom.
WPS to the end.

Tusks

He needs to go to the relaxing little organized hotel with certain meetings and get that in order.  Then he needs to get the rest of his health in order.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsfan31

Well for one he got married. A lot of people get fat and "happy" and get reallyyyyy comfortable after getting married and people tend to gain weight. A lot of photo's from his Wisconsin days was when he was still a bachelor.

With that being said, I believe there is more going on than just getting married and getting fat. He seems to have some health issues and I hope he gets them figured out. Something has really aged him and we all know what the rumors are. May do him some good to take a year away from the game and get some things under control, enjoy his wife and his new baby, and really take care of himself. I wish him the best.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 06:09:05 pm
He needs to go to the relaxing little organized hotel with certain meetings and get that in order.  Then he needs to get the rest of his health in order.

they have lots of hot coffee and roll your own bugler cigarettes.

hi bret! 

BILLYBOB

Looks like dude poured his heart and soul into the job. Truly am sad for him that it didn't work out.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

farmhawg

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 15, 2017, 08:21:44 pm
Looks like dude poured his heart and soul into the job. Truly am sad for him that it didn't work out.
Thats damn funny. Heart and soul, chit. He poured a few thousand bottles, hope that's not his heart and soul. He obviously has a problem but no need to make sappy crap up.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HogHomer

Quote from: farmhawg on November 15, 2017, 08:46:41 pm
Thats damn funny. Heart and soul, chit. He poured a few thousand bottles, hope that's not his heart and soul. He obviously has a problem but no need to make sappy crap up.
And you don't need to run a coach down, who in all likelihood isn't going to be here after the last game. He needs to go but that doesn't change the fact he has put his whole coaching career on the line and a ton of hours to try to make it work here. Whatever you think of him doesn't change what he put in to the University.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MissippHog

Quote from: farmhawg on November 15, 2017, 08:46:41 pm
Isn't that what you're doing, making darn up?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Godfather on November 15, 2017, 05:42:37 pm
Comparison...

2011 on top | 2017 on bottom.

He grew into the pants - they were way to big in 2011.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: twistitup on November 15, 2017, 05:38:07 pm
Pictures speak a thousand words...wow, this job has been rough on the big fella

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/platform/amp/2017/11/15/16654992/bret-bielema-arkansas-athletic-director-fired-time-destroys-us-all

Hope he gets his health straight
No doubt, poor guy, I always liked him for some reason.  Still kinda stunned at how bad a coach he is.

sowmonella

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 08:54:38 pm
The stress of being a Fraud will do that to you!

You must be a big ole boy.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

seasonhog

Porkchop#1

Quote from: HogHomer on November 15, 2017, 08:52:35 pm
And you don't need to run a coach down, who in all likelihood isn't going to be here after the last game. He needs to go but that doesn't change the fact he has put his whole coaching career on the line and a ton of hours to try to make it work here. Whatever you think of him doesn't change what he put in to the University.
Would imagine he's taken considerably more than he's given. 

Make no mistake, he's got the better end of the deal.

If it were my decision alone who our next coach was, and my choices were either Bert or you, I just might have to give you a chance.  At least I could hope you could coach, already know Bert can't.

twistitup

His liver is hoping we win out

Hoggiedawg

He just needs to move on and let us find someone that can actually coach a winning team.  Simple as that.

porkbellys

We are all human?

We all want to do well?

Same for CBB.

I am sure he has an extra pair of shoes, if you would care to walk a mile.

I would not want his job for any amount of money.

It just didn't work, it happens.

People, don't be a Richard Noggins!

No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

STLHogFan

So just how bad is CBB's drinking problem?  I had never heard this rumor until the last few days. 
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

AFWarrior83

I hold no animosity towards CBB.  I appreciate the fact that he took a chance to come here to compete in the SEC.  I think he truly believed that he could compete here, but failed.  He was paid well, so I don't feel sorry for him, but I do appreciate his efforts and won't bash the guy for failing.  It just didn't work out and the UofA needs to find a new head coach ASAP.  I don't expect Arkansas to be Alabama, but I do expect our teams to be competitive, which CBB has failed to achieve.  I wish CBB and his family the best in the future.
Hogville member since 2005.

twistitup

Quote from: porkbellys on November 16, 2017, 08:07:35 am
We are all human?

We all want to do well?

Same for CBB.

I am sure he has an extra pair of shoes, if you would care to walk a mile.

I would not want his job for any amount of money.

It just didn't work, it happens.

People, don't be a Richard Noggins!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Richard%20Noggin

Godfather

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 16, 2017, 09:04:52 am
I hold no animosity towards CBB.  I appreciate the fact that he took a chance to come here to compete in the SEC.  I think he truly believed that he could compete here, but failed.  He was paid well, so I don't feel sorry for him, but I do appreciate his efforts and won't bash the guy for failing.  It just didn't work out and the UofA needs to find a new head coach ASAP.  I don't expect Arkansas to be Alabama, but I do expect our teams to be competitive, which CBB has failed to achieve.  I wish CBB and his family the best in the future.

Dilly Dilly.
WPS to the end.

Grag T

Even though I like to call him Bert sometimes, I agree with all of this 100%.  Well said right there.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

depressed_fan

yup he looks terrible he coaches terrible and he takes terrible care of himself.

My guess is his wife will leave him within a couple more years of this.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: STLHogFan on November 16, 2017, 08:55:58 am
So just how bad is CBB's drinking problem?  I had never heard this rumor until the last few days. 

For good reason, people who know nothing about it have only started widely repeating it as fact until the last few days.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

This is a healthy attitude and a good take.

Grag T

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 16, 2017, 11:05:13 am
yup he looks terrible he coaches terrible and he takes terrible care of himself.

My guess is his wife will leave him within a couple more years of this.

I can't imagine how you came up with a username with the word depressed in it  :D :D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

hawg1221

This is how I feel too. Agreed. Well said.

247Hog

Well done.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

NuttinItUp

Quote from: STLHogFan on November 16, 2017, 08:55:58 am

Guess they were trying to keep a lid on it until the end of the tenure?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Grag T on November 16, 2017, 11:08:56 am
I can't imagine how you came up with a username with the word depressed in it  :D :D

Lol...beat me to it...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

nwa_razorback_coffee

100%

hogmolar

Can you do one of the presidents after their term?  No doubt that stress will age anyone.  Some just handle that stress in different ways.  Can't blame or knock a guy for the way he handles his stress.  We can say it is unhealthy for him but I would bet that most folks on here can look back and say they are not as healthy as they were 7 years ago. 

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 16, 2017, 11:05:53 am
For good reason, people who know nothing about it have only started widely repeating it as fact until the last few days.

Well you know, there has been a couple of posters here who reportedly eye witnessed his activities at a couple of local watering holes.  What they wrote indicates there may be a problem.

greenEGnHAWGS

I really do feel bad for him. Money is REALLY nice to have, but when you're already a millionaire, having a state basically yelling for your head, then being seen on a national level that you've failed at the job you've invested your life into, the extra several millions doesn't help your psyche.

Yesterday on PTI Mike Wilbon made a comment about CBB and basically said that he was stupid for ever leaving Wisconsin...and he was probably right. But he did come to try and climb this mountain. He just had no idea what he was getting into.

So why people kick him why he's down is beyond me. I'm 100% behind finding a new coach, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be an a** until he's gone.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

SemperHawg

What happened to Bielema here is a result of betting on himself and losing.  We always like the crazy success story of someone doubling down on themselves and taking a chance and hitting it big.  Well this is what the other side of that story looks like.  There are things he does (mostly running his mouth)  that I have been less than thrilled with.  I do also think it is time for him to move on.  However I will always have immense respect for anyone that is willing to step out there (like he did) and bet on themselves.  For that I wish him success in whatever else he does. 

ronmahony

Definitely different, and yet the same confused look on all of them.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

jrhardy88

I suspect the people criticizing him the most and repeating the drinking problem stuff have no damn idea what he is going through.Time to fire him,wish him well and hope he gets help if he needs it.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

tolerati

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 16, 2017, 12:26:51 pm

What happened to Bielema here is a result of betting on himself and losing.  We always like the crazy success story of someone doubling down on themselves and taking a chance and hitting it big.  Well this is what the other side of that story looks like.  There are things he does (mostly running his mouth)  that I have been less than thrilled with.  I do also think it is time for him to move on.  However I will always have immense respect for anyone that is willing to step out there (like he did) and bet on themselves.  For that I wish him success in whatever else he does. 

I agree with these and wish Coach B and his family all the best.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

tolerati

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 16, 2017, 12:09:51 pm
I really do feel bad for him. Money is REALLY nice to have, but when you're already a millionaire, having a state basically yelling for your head, then being seen on a national level that you've failed at the job you've invested your life into, the extra several millions doesn't help your psyche.

Yesterday on PTI Mike Wilbon made a comment about CBB and basically said that he was stupid for ever leaving Wisconsin...and he was probably right. But he did come to try and climb this mountain. He just had no idea what he was getting into.

So why people kick him why he's down is beyond me. I'm 100% behind finding a new coach, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be an a** until he's gone.

I agree.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Soooie21

Take a year off and recharge.

HF#1

Quote from: Soooie21 on November 16, 2017, 01:09:51 pm
Take a year off and recharge.

Perhaps rehab, workout, and then recharge
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Soooie21

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 16, 2017, 11:50:14 am
Well you know, there has been a couple of posters here who reportedly eye witnessed his activities at a couple of local watering holes.  What they wrote indicates there may be a problem.

Or nothing at all

KlubhouseKonnected

Bunch of gossipy old lady boys around here.

Razorbackers

He's the first coach that's going to leave the program in better shape than when he arrived this millennium. This place was a dumpster first after the motorcycle and JLS. He put out the flames and calmed everything down. The collapse this season and the end of last season is bananas, but the new coach will have some talent on the sideline, a GSR of 80%, no investigations, and most importantly, a losing but not burning program.

Hope he takes his health seriously. Wish him the best. I really had hoped it would work out.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 16, 2017, 01:45:53 pm
He's the first coach that's going to leave the program in better shape than when he arrived this millennium. This place was a dumpster first after the motorcycle and JLS. He put out the flames and calmed everything down. The collapse this season and the end of last season is bananas, but the new coach will have some talent on the sideline, a GSR of 80%, no investigations, and most importantly, a losing but not burning program.

Hope he takes his health seriously. Wish him the best. I really had hoped it would work out.

Sorry, it's a dumpster fire from a winning attitude perspective and if you noticed most of his good players weren't his own recruits.  The only way to overcome part of that is for the next coach to set our players up for success and win some games.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 16, 2017, 02:01:39 pm

Sorry, it's a dumpster fire from a winning attitude perspective and if you noticed most of his good players weren't his own recruits.  The only way to overcome part of that is for the next coach to set our players up for success and win some games.

Well then obviously all dumpster fires are not equal then...

Poker_hog

No amount of money is worth your health.  If he can't work and be healthy he should retire.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt