Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ms St is what we were in the past

Started by twistitup, November 12, 2017, 04:49:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

A tough out...4qtrs of tough football that competes until the end

We've been that team...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

atom hog

Bert's Buddies fight to the end...of the second quarter. Saddest part is they aren't even embarrassed by it. Now that is an indictment of his incompetence!

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Al Boarland

I remember before the season started everyone thought MS St was a game you have to put a W by.

Rzback

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 12, 2017, 06:11:14 am
I remember before the season started everyone thought MS St was a game you have to put a W by.
That was before reality set in.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

code red

Quote from: twistitup on November 12, 2017, 04:49:47 am

We've been that team...
We we're that team for half a season in 14&15 it's year five. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rzrbk4life

Yep. Fitzgerald will go off on us
Let's call those hogs!!!!

longtimeHogfan

....and look at Mizzu!  I'm afraid we're done for the year.  Get it over and clean house.  Always dreaded the end of the season before....it came all to quickly for me.  Now?  Hurry up and get here.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rhames on November 12, 2017, 07:38:54 am
All sickness is not death.

But some sicknesses make you wish you were dead. Others can only be cured by removing the malignancy. Many will kill you if left untreated.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Sed76

Yep, just like TCU and South Carolina.

jgphillips3

All sickness is not death.  However, death is death and claiming it is just sickness leaves a rotting, festering corpse that smells up the room until you get rid of it.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on November 12, 2017, 04:49:47 am

We've been that team...
Anyone want to continuing arguing that it's mostly about not having the talent ??? Yeah, yeah....we all know having the "horses" automatically starts you out with an advantage. However, it's being able to do something with the kids once you have them on campus that ultimately matters. Think Mullen has the easiest time getting four and five stars onto campus? Nope, however, what he DOES do is identify kids who want to play hard, have the ability to be "coached up" and then actually implements what's necessary to improve the kids once they're on campus.

IMO we're most certainly NOT devoid of talent. What we are lacking is a clear sense of how to utilize and coach the kids to their maximum potential. In other words, we have no clear sense of direction or purpose.

Atlhogfan1

Which was dumb when our defenses have struggled against anything but bad qb's. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

elviscat

Ms St , blow our butts out of the water next week. We want win another game.

twistitup

Quote from: elviscat on November 12, 2017, 03:51:53 pm
Ms St , blow our butts out of the water next week. We want win another game.

We want to win another game, but we won't....Miss St should be looked at as a program that we CAN once again - we can do that, we can get that quality of athlete.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

What we are facing two teams that we used to believe we were just better than, better talent, better coaching, just better.  Now just wish we could be somewhere close to as good as they are.

Unless either of these teams have an injury bug or or some other malady, we are going to get our rears handed to us in both games.

I preached all summer about this being the season Bret produced because Long needed him to do decent so he could give his sweetheart another 5 years and big buyout.  Bret just can't.