Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark St is even calling us losers now

Started by cjack, October 23, 2017, 03:56:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

I don't remember a time in my life when a coach at any school, especially Arkansas State, could come into the Little Rock touchdown club and say this (to laughter)

http://twitter.com/TheJayBir/status/922539741391843328
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Grag T

That guy does a spot-on Bill Clinton impression.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grag T on October 23, 2017, 03:59:54 pm
That guy does a spot-on Bill Clinton impression.

I hope it doesn't involve cigars and blue dresses as props.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JayHog

Inhogswetrust

To late. See other thread. Gotta be quick around here.

phadedhawg

Funny!  I think taking shots at UA is part of the job description at ASU, and that's how it should be. 

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: JayHog on October 23, 2017, 04:02:35 pm
http://bleacherreport.com/post/arkansas-razorbacks-football/0ce0b361-aa8e-42e5-b549-67d664e7c61c

Is this what it's come to? Smh. Frank would be sick if he was here to see this mess.

If Frank were still alive this would be one of those "cleansing the temple" moments when he drove out the pig farmer and the carpetbagger-moneychanger.

hawgdavis

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jgphillips3

Funny, sad and all too true right now.  No reason to be angry with him for telling that joke.  I'll stay angry with the coach who keeps making it true.

Kevin

good pour it on. I hope our ad is listening to where this coach has taken us
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Redhogs

Quote from: cjack on October 23, 2017, 03:56:12 pm
I don't remember a time in my life when a coach at any school, especially Arkansas State, could come into the Little Rock touchdown club and say this (to laughter)

That's because Bert has earned it.....thanks, Bert.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cjack on October 23, 2017, 03:56:12 pm

As much as this hurts, and I promise it does, can you really blame them ??? I mean who can really argue.

Boardon Hamsay

Somewhere in the most remote fjords of Norway, someone knows we're awful this year.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BrianG

Lol....smart little girl.  That proves she isn't a pig.

B Ray

razorson

This guy is picking a fight. Needless to say he wont be on the list to replace Cbb. I'd rather be a loser than a freaking red wolf.

Hogman2

What an old joke that has been adapted many times!  How about some new material?  Would love to see his team play the Hogs SEC schedule for one full season! But instead, they play the powerhouses of TExas State and Lafayette!

rhames

Quote from: razorson on October 23, 2017, 07:18:29 pm
This guy is picking a fight. Needless to say he wont be on the list to replace Cbb. I'd rather be a loser than a freaking red wolf.

Dude. It was a joke.

He also went on to say he and Bret were friends and Bret called once a week or so to check in when Anderson's wife was getting treatment

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Arkstfan

It's not cancer, it's not a terrible disease, it's not abject poverty, it's not the death of a loved one. It's a game and nobody but occasionally coaches or AD's ever lose their job over those games and at the FBS level they are well compensated. Even the worst paid head coach or AD in FBS makes more money per year than any random two or three people you would pick off the street combined.

Anderson and Bret have cooperated on things with the AFCA and done joint camps and Blake knows damn well if he offers a kid and Bret offers the kid, the kid signs with Bret.

But doesn't mean you can't poke fun at a friend.

PorkRinds

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Hawg Marshal

No big deal. Hogs get a new coach. Get better. Life returns to normal.

Boarslab

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 23, 2017, 04:14:54 pm
If Frank were still alive this would be one of those "cleansing the temple" moments when he drove out the pig farmer and the carpetbagger-moneychanger.
If Frank were still here--Bret wouldn't be.

Hogtimes

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 23, 2017, 08:08:01 pm
Then why don't we play them?

Not the time or place to discuss. Save it for later.....just saying.

Boarslab

factchecker

It sucks but right now it's true.

Funny that Anderson went to a school and the majority of students were still Razorback fans.  It has to be tough knowing that the Razorbacks are "losers" but still own the state..... even Jonesboro.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogRyder

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 08:15:06 pm
It sucks but right now it's true.

Funny that Anderson went to a school and the majority of students were still Razorback fans.  It has to be tough knowing that the Razorbacks are "losers" but still own the state..... even Jonesboro.

Owning less and less every day.  One day the arrogance will turn to jealousy.

kp72204

Michigan must have known we'd have been a bad win.

factchecker

Quote from: HogRyder on October 23, 2017, 08:18:48 pm
Owning less and less every day.  One day the arrogance will turn to jealousy.

Not likely.  They are still relying on subsidies and student fees to fund their athletic department.

They've won a ton of games in their conference and still have a hard time filling their Texas high school size stadium.

They averaged an attendance 22,700 last season.  Their max capacity is around 30k.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2016.pdf
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HardCore

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 23, 2017, 04:08:49 pm
Funny!  I think taking shots at UA is part of the job description at ASU, and that's how it should be. 

There is an Arkansas State?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

KennyForAD

Quote from: Kevin on October 23, 2017, 04:31:04 pm
good pour it on. I hope our ad is listening to where this coach has taken us

Our AD ... IS the problem.

HogRyder

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 08:26:33 pm
Not likely.  They are still relying on subsidies and student fees to fund their athletic department.

They've won a ton of games in their conference and still have a hard time filling their Texas high school size stadium.

They averaged an attendance 22,700 last season.  Their max capacity is around 30k.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2016.pdf

Keep feeding the boys ppj at halftime and being the doormat of the sec.  you can always fall back on a nice stadium

parallaxpig

Well if your a Hog fan then you got your wish.     
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Seminole Indian

Quote from: HardCore on October 23, 2017, 08:30:39 pm
There is an Arkansas State?

Yep, that's the team with "Arkansas" in it's name that is three positions above you in the Massey Composite ratings.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Our 24 spots above you in the CBS rankings.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/130

That should get this moved to the appropriate forum.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 23, 2017, 08:49:47 pm
Yep, that's the team with "Arkansas" in it's name that is three positions above you in the Massey Composite ratings.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

That should get this moved to the appropriate forum.

So a 4-2 ASU is ranked a whopping 3 spots above a 2-5 Hog team?
Good job. Want to swap schedules?
Oh that's right...Miami was scared to play you.

jacobp

Sivad

Nobody in Arkansas or anywhere else cares whether Ark State wins or loses on Saturdays.
Nobody even knows who they are playing.

depressed_fan

that was awesome. The reaction is priceless. I bet DB loved it

rtr

Actually, I like the gamesmanship and the bravado.  Blake Anderson moved up on my coaching list.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

greasy_corner

Quote from: Sivad on October 23, 2017, 08:57:26 pm
Nobody in Arkansas or anywhere else cares whether Ark State wins or loses on Saturdays.

Are they playing the Miami Hurricanes this weekend?  at home?  Couldn't recall.

LZH

That's funny, good for him. Gotta fight for your program. No hard feelings here.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Sivad on October 23, 2017, 08:57:26 pm

Well apparently there is one 2nd grader that knows.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne