Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Podcast suspended

Started by hotdog hog, October 22, 2017, 09:43:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdog hog

I don't know if any of you listen to the Hog Trough Fancast or not. I usually play it on Mondays while walking. Noticed tonight that it was only 13mins long so I listened to hear what was said. Basically said that until our AD decided to make a change, they were tired of doing a podcast about the SOS, good week of practice, getting closer yada yada. They are suspending their 5 year old weekly podcast because it simply wasn't fun anymore. Guess I'll be Finebauming on Mondays. Ouch.

ChicoHog

John Nabors podcast on SEC Country is pretty good.  My favorite podcast is the 247 sports with Chip Patterson and Barton Simmons.  They have other people as guests quite often, especially the CBS sports.com writers. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That sucks, I just started listening a couple weeks ago. As chico said, john nabors does a great job on the borderline erotic podcast
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 22, 2017, 11:45:05 pm
John Nabors podcast on SEC Country is pretty good.  My favorite podcast is the 247 sports with Chip Patterson and Barton Simmons.  They have other people as guests quite often, especially the CBS sports.com writers. 

I listen to him as well. Pretty good podcast.
Hogville member since 2005.

smb

Its probably because there is nothing left to say.
GeorgiaHOG

The NewEra

I listen to John Nabors too, but come on guys.  The average 16 year old knows as much about football as Nabors.  Plus, John's guest are SEC Country employees that know less than he does.  Example, just a few days ago his guest said he likes Bielema and that he was a great coach and should stay at Arkansas.  His reason; entertainment value at media days.

As far as actual content I like Bo Mattingly's podcast best.  He has some very good guest.

I wish Mike Irwin had a 2-3 hour radio segment each day.  I bet that would be a winner.

hotdog hog

If you don't mind guys listing the titles for my search engine. I'll need to fill in for this one. They posted a two hour show. I listen to SEC Country as well but it's generally a 25 min show. What is Bo Mattingly show called

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 23, 2017, 07:07:09 am
If you don't mind guys listing the titles for my search engine. I'll need to fill in for this one. They posted a two hour show. I listen to SEC Country as well but it's generally a 25 min show. What is Bo Mattingly show called
He used to post clips of his show on soundcloud. Not sure why they stopped
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The NewEra

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 23, 2017, 07:07:09 am

I use an app called "Podcasts".  It provides access to most podcast.  Bo's is called "Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly"

You can also listen live or to archived shows on his website.

HTFC

Thanks to anyone of you who have listened over the last 5 and a 1/2 years. It's not the end of us. But this is our form of silent protest. Hope to see you guys soon!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

delayofgameshow

Delay of Game Show is a fan-driven podcast that you might enjoy. It's a tad lighter than some of the ones mentioned.

http://www.delayofgameshow.com/

You can also pick it up wherever you get your podcasts. 

Specifically, go back and check out the telethon episode.

-Jacob, Ty, Max, and Rick