Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Even the refs feel sorry for us

Started by Piggie Smalls, October 21, 2017, 10:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggie Smalls

How far as this team fallen? Even the zebras are taking pity on us, because that's the only logical explanation I can think of for them picking up the flag on that kickoff return. Two blatant holds but the refs knew we were done, so they gave the Hogs a break because they knew Auburn wasn't going to, I mean how low can this team go?

Großer Kriegschwein

That block was razor thin. Could have went either way.
This is my non-signature signature.

Arkansas Fan

The thing is our guy didn't have to hit the Auburn player at all, Warren was ahead enough to score.

EastexHawg

If you throw that flag, how do you decide to pick it up?  It was a blatant block in the back.

I'm also not sure how kick catch interference wasn't called on the punt that was knocked through the back of the end zone.

Cylinder

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 12:40:34 amI'm also not sure how kick catch interference wasn't called on the punt that was knocked through the back of the end zone.

That was egregious. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

moses_007

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 21, 2017, 11:00:06 pm
That block was razor thin. Could have went either way.
The block was in the side of the Auburn player, not in his back. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on October 21, 2017, 10:57:29 pm
How far as this team fallen? Even the zebras are taking pity on us, because that's the only logical explanation I can think of for them picking up the flag on that kickoff return. Two blatant holds but the refs knew we were done, so they gave the Hogs a break because they knew Auburn wasn't going to, I mean how low can this team go?
you just...    remember the days back in 2009 when the SEC office was so scared we were going to take FLorida and the great Timmy Tebow out and the refs had to blatantly cheat in favor of Florida...that ref crew had to sit out two weeks if memory serves...now, they won't call a block in the back on a touchdown against us out of pity, like Bob Dylan once wrote, "the times, they are a changin' "
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PORKULATOR

Blocked in the back, held by wr's, hit/tugged early and often by dbs... They're pitying the crap out of us.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 21, 2017, 11:01:35 pm
The thing is our guy didn't have to hit the Auburn player at all, Warren was ahead enough to score easily.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

The thing is our guy didn't have to hit the Auburn player at all, Warren was ahead enough to score.

We have an extreme amount of dumb football players on this team.  Situational awareness is very bad on this squad and that is a direct result of the coaching they receive.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

LJHOG

The thing is our guy didn't have to hit the Auburn player at all
A block he wouldn't make, if he played for Alabama.  At least not twice.

BassinHawg

Quote from: moses_007 on October 22, 2017, 12:54:59 am
The block was in the side of the Auburn player, not in his back. 

The one at the end WAS in the back!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogcard1964

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on October 21, 2017, 10:57:29 pm

There was one definite block in the back on that play, and possibly another one.  They did take pity on us a bit.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Cylinder on October 22, 2017, 12:46:33 am
That was egregious. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

The player was engaged in a block and the Auburn blocker is
The one that actually made first contact with the returner.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 22, 2017, 09:41:42 am

Fact, I thought the same thing until I watched the replay.

Grizzlyfan

We could be Kansas.  They actually played TCU with a running clock in the second half. 

hogsanity

Quote from: BassinHawg on October 22, 2017, 09:22:17 am
The one at the end WAS in the back!

Definitely. Did you see the reaction of one of our other players trailing the play? HE saw the block and put his hands on his head because he knew how stupid it was.

I am not going to pick on the guy making the block because I see that happen on long returns all the time, for whatever reason guys 10, 15, 20 yards behind the play think they need to wipe someone out for no reason at all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Occams Razorback

I was sitting in that corner of the end zone and it was absolutely a block in the back - fellow next to me just figured they picked up the flag because the block was behind the returner and didn't affect the play - no doubt it was a block in the back and he didn't need to do it
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

havok

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 02:45:46 pm
Definitely. Did you see the reaction of one of our other players trailing the play? HE saw the block and put his hands on his head because he knew how stupid it was.

I am not going to pick on the guy making the block because I see that happen on long returns all the time, for whatever reason guys 10, 15, 20 yards behind the play think they need to wipe someone out for no reason at all.

I saw that too.. I think it was Grant Morgan who saw and threw up the "oh No!!!" hands.... he clearly thought it was a block in the back by his attitude.

hawg1221

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 22, 2017, 09:16:50 am

We have an extreme amount of dumb football players on this team.  Situational awareness is very bad on this squad and that is a direct result of the coaching they receive.

I won't say dumb, but situational awareness is extremely poor. That's another reason why bad things always seem to happen, even when we have the momentum.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Sign of a poorly coached team.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 22, 2017, 09:41:42 am

The Razorback defender made definite contact with an Auburn returner who had signaled for a fair catch.  What difference does it make if he pushed an Auburn blocker into him virtually simultaneously?

EastexHawg

Quote from: havok on October 23, 2017, 06:23:55 pm
I saw that too.. I think it was Grant Morgan who saw and threw up the "oh No!!!" hands.... he clearly thought it was a block in the back by his attitude.

One of the officials saw it and threw a flag.  Again, the question is...how do you decide to pick it up?  There is no rule that says it's not really a penalty if it's behind the play.