Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WR Cornelius

Started by hawgtime, September 22, 2017, 09:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgtime

CBB said that he lost 10-12 pounds and is a different cat out here now after evaluating his performance in the TCU game?  really 12 pounds in less than two weeks?  I hope he isn't too tired to play this weekend!  WOW.

AugustaHog

He looked more beefed up to me in the pictures I saw of fall camp.  I just assumed that he wasn't able to go as hard because of the back.  It's incredible that he lost that kind of weight that quick.  Hopefully, he will be able to be AA's security blanket.  He needs somebody he trusts to take over that role.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hogsmo Kramer

Is this football or is he cutting for a fight?! :-\

(Note: Unintentional correlation between fight reference and the recent locker room incident)

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

PorkRinds

He said he's been really watching his fat and calories.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:01:11 am
He said he's been really watching his fat and calories.
Me too!  They're everywhere!

mckinneyhog5

If he lost 12 pounds, I may have found them...also, he can have them back anytime he wants.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

phadedhawg

Hope his uniform still fits

buldozer

I am not convinced everything that comes out of CBB's mouth is accurate at this point. He is starting to sound like an apologist to me. Saying just about anything to get through each press conference.

He lost his credibility IMO when he blamed his failure to change kickers two weeks ago on the fact he would have had to change holders for the lefty kid..... then this week claim the same holder will be used with the lefty kid....

He must take razorback fans for fools, or not remember the last story he made up!

I seriously doubt Cornelius has lost 12 pounds in such a short period of time

Redhogs

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:34:30 am
I am not convinced everything that comes out of CBB's mouth is accurate at this point. He is starting to sound like an apologist to me. Saying just about anything to get through each press conference.

He lost his credibility IMO when he blamed his failure to change kickers two weeks ago on the fact he would have had to change holders for the lefty kid..... then this week claim the same holder will be used with the lefty kid....

He must take razorback fans for fools, or not remember the last story he made up!

I think he is just lost..great guy to have a beer with, that's about it. Been in over his head since he got here.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Kevin

J-red must be really hungry

Cbb just says what he needs to to get through the interview
Because he knows he will not be questioned or called on it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

I lost 18 pounds n 18 days intentionally once.  I was weak for a month until I normalized at the weight.  No one is asking why BB didn't realize Jared was overweight and take the right path BEFORE putting him in a game to look way less than normal.  BB is just throwing crap on the wall knowing something will stick.  We dun got us a koach who pays atunchun to them there d-tails.  Yeah, most will hang on his words of wisdom like a 14 year old girl listening to a Senior Football Player rattle on.

jacobp

Then you're calling Jared Cornelius himself a liar.He said it himself, that in addition to finally being able to go full speed he cut his caloric intake and ate smaller portions. At 21-22 years old, that's not very difficult to do.

red_beard_82

I saw an interview where JRed said something about it.  I believe that he was talking about his back injury and realizing that he needed to drop some weight.  I believe the time span was since the beginning of fall camp or since returning to full practice. 

Marshfieldhog

Doesn't sound healthy, maybe he had the stomach bug or something. You can lose some water weight quick that way.

jkstock04

Quote from: jacobp on September 22, 2017, 11:44:11 am
Then you're calling Jared Cornelius himself a liar.He said it himself, that in addition to finally being able to go full speed he cut his caloric intake and ate smaller portions. At 21-22 years old, that's not very difficult to do.
Depends on what someone's start weight is. If it's someone who weighs 500 pounds 12 pounds in 10 days with little effort is nothing.

What's Cornelius' weight before/after?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogman64

every coach and every player on this team should have had all the motivation they needed in the off season  ( and they said they did)  now all this rededication after another loss and another very bad second half showing  ?  at this point words mean nothing, the only thing that matters is seeing it on the field....

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogman64 on September 22, 2017, 12:08:28 pm
every coach and every player on this team should have had all the motivation they needed in the off season  ( and they said they did)  now all this rededication after another loss and another very bad second half showing  ?  at this point words mean nothing, the only thing that matters is seeing it on the field....

So the concept of regrouping after a loss is foreign to you?

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: hogman64 on September 22, 2017, 12:08:28 pm

This time it's for real. Lol!

Hog Fan...DOH!

Clearly this is a sign of terrible coaching.

Razorfox

3,500 calories/pound of fat x 12 pounds = 42000 calories/14 days = 3000 calories per day difference. 

I don't know what his normal intake was, but if it was 4 or 5000 before, he could drop that down to 2000 and go insane in the gym to burn the difference. 

My guess is that some of it had to have simply been water weight too. 

hawg66

Most likely much of his weight loss was at the end of a hard workout. I can lose 3 lbs golfing. While eating snacks and riding in a cart. 

Razorfox

Quote from: hawg66 on September 22, 2017, 12:54:21 pm
Most likely much of his weight loss was at the end of a hard workout. I can lose 3 lbs golfing. While eating snacks and riding in a cart. 

Water weight.

Next1_04

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 12:14:57 pm

Looks like the entire English dictionary is foreign to him.

ricepig

Hopefully it will allow him and others to hold on to the ball.

https://twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/911280623469322240

hawg66

Quote from: Razorfox on September 22, 2017, 12:55:53 pm
Water weight.
Yep. So after rehydrating he would be down maybe 5-7 lbs. The main point is that he's been busting it to get better. He said he was catching 200 balls a day. I'm looking forward to a big game from him tomorrow.

#1Fan

I noticed that, too.  Someone in the audience asked who would be the kicker this week, and he said "either the righty or the lefty".  When she followed up with how that would work with the holder, CBB shrugged it off and said the same holder holds for both rightys and leftys and he's really good at it.  Unbelievable.

longpig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 22, 2017, 12:03:00 pm
Depends on what someone's start weight is. If it's someone who weighs 500 pounds 12 pounds in 10 days with little effort is nothing.

What's Cornelius' weight before/after?

And how much is fluid, we can assume atleast 8 of those pounds are fluid.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: #1Fan on September 22, 2017, 01:39:50 pm
I noticed that, too.  Someone in the audience asked who would be the kicker this week, and he said "either the righty or the lefty".  When she followed up with how that would work with the holder, CBB shrugged it off and said the same holder holds for both rightys and leftys and he's really good at it.  Unbelievable.

The man exhibits a lot of signs of mental illness. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

hogman64

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 12:14:57 pm

not at all, but most people think there has been a lot more talk about regrouping than actual regrouping.  remember the TALK
after Missouri?  remember the TALK after V Tech?   now the TALK  after TCU?    get it?

hogman64

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogman64 on September 22, 2017, 05:00:46 pm
not at all, but most people think there has been a lot more talk about regrouping than actual regrouping.  remember the TALK
after Missouri?  remember the TALK after V Tech?   now the TALK  after TCU?    get it?

That's what people say after they lose a game.

311Hog

i've had biggers weight cuts than that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 05:03:20 pm
i've had biggers weight cuts than that.

10-12 lbs is a good amount.

johnny cash

I don't care about his weight, can he catch the ball? Seems like that was a major issue against that powerhouse TCU.

AirWarren

hogman64

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 05:02:05 pm
That's what people say after they lose a game.

teams that actually regroup show it on the field .......I am very much hoping that is the case this weekend , it wasn't the case after Missouri and it wasn't the case after V Tech........... we have practically  a whole season in front of us, things can change.

BassinHawg

Now we know why the are "Hungry", they have been starving them!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"