Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope ...

Started by island hog, September 20, 2017, 10:49:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

island hog

that Saturday we can beat the Aggies and and turn the heat down on Hogville.  There's usually good discussion and light-hearted banter but this week off has brought out more vitriol that we've seen in awhile.  I didn't have a good feeling about TCU but feel much better about this week.  I think we'll see more variety on offense and if we get them down early, their passing game won't give them a chance.  Here's to hoping we beat their a&&es, lower the blood pressure around here and give us some excitement going forward.  Hogs 27 Ags 17

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

GunnerHawg70

Woooo Pig Soooie!!!  I can get onboard with this...

Cmheinley

WPS! I actually took my blood pressure after the game. I thought it would be fine since I was laughing most of the game for a lack of any less destructive reaction. Turns out I should have been yelling instead. Blood pressure was not good, haha. Let's get a win! If not it may be time to gear up for Jump Ball. WPS!

porkbellys

No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

Steef

phadedhawg

I don't mind some back and forth but posts like "all you Petrino lovers" and "all you Jeff defenders" and titles such as "hater" and "hugger" do nothing but create divisions.  Even after the Hogs win again, coaches get fired, new coaches get hired, those divisions seem to hold firm. 

I can't think of a poster on this board who doesn't want the Hogs to win more than anything.  We should make an effort to remember that when disagreeing with each other about how best to get there. 

Steef

Catch 22.

Everyone who hates Bret, SAYS they hate him because we aren't winning.

So...they (at least the honest ones)...say they want him to continue LOSING...so we'll be rid of him and get a different coach.

The don't even want to HOPE for a win...because if Bret wins...and keeps winning, then he stays...and they can't get a coach that will win.

Does that make anyone else besides me...dizzy?

Wildhog

Quote from: Steef on September 20, 2017, 12:58:15 pm
Catch 22.

So...they (at least the honest ones)...say they want him to continue LOSING...so we'll be rid of him and get a different coach.

The don't even want to HOPE for a win...because if Bret wins...and keeps winning, then he stays...and they can't get a coach that will win.

Meh.  I hope we win every game.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Steef

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Steef on September 20, 2017, 12:58:15 pm
Catch 22.

none of us are wishing the hogs would lose. that is intellectually dishonest. There are a handful, and we are talking low single digit percentages here, who hope bert doesnt do enough to keep his job. About that same percentage of people are anarchists that wish the whole world would come crashing down. Even those who are ready for a change SURELY dont want to lose to Aggy again! If they do, they need to be called out.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BigSexyHog

I know these guys are good enough to beat the Aggies.  Now just hope it happens
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HillBillyHogfan

Plane trackin', who saw who at the NWA airport, overheard a prominent booster say in the catfish hole, what tie is that washed up coach wearin'.... that's when hogville is at its PRIME!
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Steef

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 20, 2017, 01:09:07 pm
none of us are wishing the hogs would lose.

I've seen the posts.

Just because you haven't, doesn't make me 'intellectually dishonest'.

Capt. Hamm

Quote from: island hog on September 20, 2017, 10:49:32 am
that Saturday we can beat the Aggies and and turn the heat down on Hogville.  There's usually good discussion and light-hearted banter but this week off has brought out more vitriol that we've seen in awhile.  I didn't have a good feeling about TCU but feel much better about this week.  I think we'll see more variety on offense and if we get them down early, their passing game won't give them a chance.  Here's to hoping we beat their a&&es, lower the blood pressure around here and give us some excitement going forward.  Hogs 27 Ags 17
I'm with you!