Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You're JL and the BOT wants

Started by hogsgolfpro, September 15, 2017, 08:28:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

You to replace CBB with either Rhoads or Enos......who do you pick and why? (This is just for fun, not inspired as yet another fire CBB thread).

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on September 15, 2017, 08:28:33 pm
You to replace CBB with either Rhoads or Enos......who do you pick and why? (This is just for fun, not inspired as yet another fire CBB thread).

I call Nike and request they add a few boxes of red, white, and anthracite straight jackets to their next shipment.

GoHogs1091

I would pick neither.

They are not terrible Coaches, but they are just average.

Cinco de Hogo

Bobby with Enos as OC and Rhoads as DC, would in my humble opinion be a great coaching staff.  So, we just need to go find a Bobby!

Mike_e

You might want to keep an eye on Memphis's coach.

Just sayin.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Dominicanhog

September 16, 2017, 06:27:31 am #5 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:21:13 am by Dominicanhog
Just for fun as we all know it would never happen but I'd take Rhoads in a minute... I think he'd be a great coach at Arkansas.. not sure I/he would keep Enos as OC

Matter of fact, if something happens to CBB, I'd like to see CPR kept on as coach... If he's here a year or two as DC, we're going to have a good defense....and it's been forever...

Ironhawg

I would call JL in and tell him we want him to hire John L. Smith again just so I can take a picture of the look on his face as the entire BoT roars with laughter.

harrisburghog

Offer Bobby Petrino whatever it takes to come home.

Hoginsavga

I like a head coach that interacts with the assistant coaches and players on the sidelines during the games. A HC that looks them in the eyes as he talks and challenges them to reach expectations. Unfortunately I don't see this with our current HC. However, because of where I live, I am not at the games so my statement is based on what I observe on TV.

I think either one of the coordinators would do as well or better than what we are currently seeing. The big mystery to me is why do our coordinators seem to have a good first year and after that start to decline? Remember Robb Smith's first year as solid and his third year clearly much worse. Everyone was high on Enos the first year and look at our offense now.

What is the factor that keeps us from improving not only with our coaching but also with certain skilled players? Yes, some players did improve such as Brandon Allen and Drew Morgan to name a couple. But a lot of our linemen both offense and defense seem to show little to no improvement. Not to mention AA and some other skilled players.

Hopefully the season will turn and all of this will become moot points. I will not hold my breath.

To answer the question, I would have to go with Rhoads because of the fire in his belly on the sidelines. I like a coach that shows direct face to face involvement in the game.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 16, 2017, 07:06:01 am

I would have to go with Rhoads because of the fire in his belly on the sidelines. I like a coach that shows direct face to face involvement in the game.

Hoggie17

1.  Charlie Strong

2.  Les Miles

3.  Tommy Bowden

4.  Jim Grobe

5.  Derek Dooley

Who would you add to this list?

BrianG

bondhue

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 16, 2017, 06:27:31 am
Just for fun as we all know it would never happen but I'd take Rhoads in a minute... I think he'd be a great coach at Arkansas.. not sure I/he would keep Enos as OC

Matter of fact, if something happens to CBB, I'd like to see CPR kept on as coach... If he's here a year or two as DC, we're going to have a good defense....and it's been forever...
I've had the same thoughts.  CPR had a rep as a motivator at ISU, and seems like a person with an attention to detail.

I think to be a successful head coach you have to be an obsessive-compulsive type of guy.  Saban obviously is. Urban is too if you can believe the article that was written about him.  These guys obsess over every detail of their team.  They are paying close enough attention to ask the right questions -- why isn't that rb in the game -- and overrule if they don't like the answer.
  I think CPR is in that mold.  He had some big wins at ISU, and I watched the refs rob him of a win over the short horns.  I think he would be a good interim in an emergency and he might even win the job.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

sowmonella

Quote from: harrisburghog on September 16, 2017, 07:05:39 am
Offer Bobby Petrino whatever it takes to come home.

Like young employees to bang? Or free passes on making fools out of the University? Hell No.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hobhog

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 16, 2017, 07:57:23 am
1.  Charlie Strong

2.  Les Miles

3.  Tommy Bowden

4.  Jim Grobe

5.  Derek Dooley

Hooston Nuts

OLDHOG

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 16, 2017, 07:57:23 am
1.  Charlie Strong

2.  Les Miles

3.  Tommy Bowden

4.  Jim Grobe

5.  Derek Dooley

Malzahn.

harrisburghog

Quote from: sowmonella on September 16, 2017, 08:31:33 am
Like young employees to bang? Or free passes on making fools out of the University? Hell No.

He's learned his lesson.