Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toliver's interference

Started by Piggfoot, September 15, 2017, 05:47:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

There were many opportunities for the Hogs to win the TCU game but mistakes at critical times can ruin the outcome for you. For sure Toliver was beaten on the play badly.
But I think on the play,TCU caught a break. Third and Twelve, 4 min to go, Hogs down by 7. I've looked at the play several times.  The call was iffy at best and I think it could have gone either way. Since we had Big 12 officials, I'm not surprised it went against us. That was the play that broke the players and perhaps coaches' spirit.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 15, 2017, 05:47:06 pm
There were many opportunities for the Hogs to win the TCU game but mistakes at critical times can ruin the outcome for you. For sure Toliver was beaten on the play badly.
But I think on the play,TCU caught a break. Third and Twelve, 4 min to go, Hogs down by 7. I've looked at the play several times.  The call was iffy at best and I think it could have gone either way. Since we had Big 12 officials, I'm not surprised it went against us. That was the play that broke the players and perhaps coaches' spirit.

Getting stuffed at the two and the gong show of a field goal broke their spirits.

rljjr

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 05:48:42 pm
Getting stuffed at the two and the gong show of a field goal broke their spirits.

True, but I don't think that was an especially egregious PI.

jacobp

The ball was badly under thrown. Probably should have been a no call but oh well.

ShadowHawg

ricepig

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 15, 2017, 06:27:31 pm
They were Big10 refs.

Big 12, we had SEC officials in Ft. Worth last year, typical on a home and home series.

codeHog

maybe if he does not get beat so major stinking bad, he is not running full speed into the guy....trying to catch up to him

JIHawg

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 15, 2017, 05:47:06 pm
I agree with this.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 05:48:42 pm

Yeah, that had to be the moment everyone in the stadium knew it was over.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

Technically it was the right call, but it could have been a play on since he got his head around and made a play on the ball IMO, but that was definitely the last nail in the coffin. Not very smart on Tolliver getting sucked in on the shorter stuff with the down and distance. Hell he had played so soft and loose all day and when it matters most he gets sucked in.

Corkscrew Johnson

It was an anticipatory call.  It's what drives me crazy about watching basketball. 

Actually, I think if we would have gotten the ball back, we would have won.  I've seen that recipe work against us so many times:  dominate a game, fail to capitalize on a few possessions, have someone sneak their hand up our skirt in the fourth.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: jacobp on September 15, 2017, 06:26:48 pm
The ball was badly under thrown. Probably should have been a no call but oh well.

We caught a break early with a poorly thrown ball from AA. Favor had to be returned