Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Allen

Started by LRHawg, September 14, 2017, 09:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

Cut his hair! I'm calling it now, this team is going to beat aTm. Or not. At least maybe Austin is ready to play some ball.

WilsonHog

I appreciate his honesty and self-awareness when assessing his own performance.

"I'm looking for things to get open instead of throwing it open, where last year I was just letting it rip. There's the trust factor where I've got to trust them to get open."

"I don't think I'd been throwing the deep ball any better than I had in fall camp where I was just letting it rip. Going into the game, I overthrew the first one and got into my head where I can't overthrow this one, so I tried to place the next few and they fell short."

"I'm just putting too much pressure on myself where I want to be perfect on every play. No one's perfect. No one's going to grade out at 100. I'm not going to hit the big play every single time. I've got to let things come to me, get the ball out of my hands. Instead of trying to be perfect on every throw, just throw the ball."

woodrow hog call

Really good interview, EVERYBODY on this board should watch this and listen to every word. Addresses several things that have been posted on here, takes a high amount of blame on himself.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Bacon_Bitz

010HogFan

It's refreshing to hear criticisms that actually make sense and are indicative of the real problems instead of "well we can't point to one thing that's wrong with the offense" or "well it's mental mistakes", etc.

WilsonHog

When our receivers can't get separation and our quarterback is holding it until they do, the result is a 9-23 day.

hview

You really gain some insight from that interview.

woodrow hog call

Sounds just like a pitcher that gives up a homer, or walks a guy in a big at bat, then he starts trying to aim the ball or place it in there just perfect.

Rayzback

Hope he has great game next weekend.  Take what they give you, let it rip, and trust your receivers.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

HawgsPolo

AA body language needs some fine tuning for sure.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

BigE_23

Good for Austin for showing leadership and taking responsibility.

His coach blamed the kicker.

Having said that, I think AA will get things figured out.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: LRHawg on September 14, 2017, 09:32:33 pm
Cut his hair! I'm calling it now, this team is going to beat aTm. Or not. At least maybe Austin is ready to play some ball.

Bringing this back up so people can see/hear it. If you want to actually learn something about what is going on, take 4 minutes to watch.

forrest city joe

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 15, 2017, 11:06:05 am
Bringing this back up so people can see/hear it. If you want to actually learn something about what is going on, take 4 minutes to watch.
It's nice that AA said all those things.but the bottom line is talk will not get it anymore.SHOW ME!Austin has not played well in any of these 2 games.and made some bad throws and decisions in that TCU game. hogs were trailing 14 to 7,late in the 3rd. and he made a real bad decision inside the 5 yard line.he throws that pass to Cantrell,yea it was Cantrell fault he went out of bounds.but Austin could and should have run that ball in.it was wide open.he could have walked in.that decision was bad.that would have tied the game at 14. instead we try and kick a short FG that was no good.this decision changed the game.AA has not only got to start playing a lot better. he has got to start making better decisions.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 11:36:15 am
It's nice that AA said all those things.but the bottom line is talk will not get it anymore.SHOW ME!Austin has not played well in any of these 2 games.and made some bad throws and decisions in that TCU game. hogs were trailing 14 to 7,late in the 3rd. and he made a real bad decision inside the 5 yard line.he throws that pass to Cantrell,yea it was Cantrell fault he went out of bounds.but Austin could and should have run that ball in.it was wide open.he could have walked in.that decision was bad.that would have tied the game at 14. instead we try and kick a short FG that was no good.this decision changed the game.AA has not only got to start playing a lot better. he has got to start making better decisions.

I'm not convinced he had the clear path that some are saying, it happened right in front of me, but I have not watched the recording to that point yet, so maybe I remember it wrong, but since we can't win a game until we play a game, can we not at least take some solace in the fact that they are talking about fixing the exact same things that we see needing fixed??????

What can they say that will make anybody happy?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 15, 2017, 11:51:16 am

Probably nothing.. but it comes with the territory.. They are being paid to answer tough questions.. the response by CBB about people can be mean and we'd be better if the fans were more positive (paraphrasing)...was weak at best.. Grow some coach and win a little more if you want more positive fan reactions...

PorkRinds

Once again, Joe proves just how wrong he can consistently be. Walked in? I feel like the four defenders in front of him would have probably tackled him.

RazorPiggie

I see you only show up when we lose now.

forrest city joe

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 15, 2017, 11:51:16 am
I'm not convinced he had the clear path that some are saying, it happened right in front of me, but I have not watched the recording to that point yet, so maybe I remember it wrong, but since we can't win a game until we play a game, can we not at least take some solace in the fact that they are talking about fixing the exact same things that we see needing fixed??????

I watched it on TV. Austin could have walked in in that play.it was a bad decision to throw it,when you can run it in.and this is not to make an excuse for what Cantrell did.and yes i am glad they are all saying good things about fixing all the problems. but the problem is we heard all this stuff last year.yet the same things are still happening. all the talk is fine.BUT SHOW ME!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:01:29 pm
Once again, Joe proves just how wrong he can consistently be. Walked in? I feel like the four defenders in front of him would have probably tackled him.

I literally LOL'ed at my desk. The defender just north of J-Red is running at Austin.

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 12:03:05 pm
I watched it on TV. Austin could have walked in in that play.it was a bad decision to throw it,when you can run it in.and this is not to make an excuse for what Cantrell did.and yes i am glad they are all saying good things about fixing all the problems. but the problem is we heard all this stuff last year.yet the same things are still happening. all the talk is fine.BUT SHOW ME!
This is, of course, complete bull darn. The pic above is what the field in front of him looked like. He was on the 9 yard line with at least 4 defenders between he and the end zone. YJMSU.

forrest city joe

That is early in the play.of you notice Cantrell is no where near the end line in the back of the End Zone.that DB that looking right at Austin,went over to help on our WR.which gave Austin a clear path. nice try with that pic. but it is misleading,and you know it.put the video up.and if i am wrong,i will admit it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 12:07:24 pm
That is early in the play.of you notice Cantrell is no where near the end line in the back of the End Zone.that DB that looking right at Austin,went over to help on our WR.which gave Austin a clear path. nice try with that pic. but it is misleading,and you know it.put the video up.and if i am wrong,i will admit it.

That is as Austin is throwing the ball joe.  You're wrong. Admit it. You said he could walk in. Even if it is early in the play (it isn't) he can't walk in with four defenders between he and the end zone.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 15, 2017, 11:56:08 am

Probably nothing.. but it comes with the territory.. They are being paid to answer tough questions.. the response by CBB about people can be mean and we'd be better if the fans were more positive (paraphrasing)...was weak at best.. Grow some coach and win a little more if you want more positive fan reactions...
+1000.100%agree. SHOW ME!talk is fine,but SHOW ME!

PorkRinds

Here is the one you want joe.

Dominicanhog

Pork, who is that just to AA's right and in front?  Is that a TE?  he looks open.. didn't get to see the play...

The first picture posted... not the second.. they are different and not sure which play the first one was...

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 12:02:58 pm
I see you only show up when we lose now.
Wrong! but if what you say is true.i have been showing up a lot of late.because in the last 15 games,the hogs are 8 and 7. which is pitiful.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 15, 2017, 12:10:59 pm
Pork, who is that just to AA's right and in front?  Is that a TE?  he looks open.. didn't get to see the play...

The first picture posted... not the second.. they are different and not sure which play the first one was...

Lineman I believe. Same play from a different angle.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:10:10 pm
I admit now you could be right.but i want to see the video.on TV it look like he had a clear path. if i am wrong im wrong,.won't be the first or last time.hell i thought we were going to beat TCU.and boy was i wrong.we lost to them by 3 touchdown at home!

Youngsta71701

Looking at this shot there's no way Cantrell should have ran out the back of the end zone. Talk about lack of awareness.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

IronHog

Bigger question is who put the pylon on the wrong line?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 15, 2017, 12:17:44 pm
Looking at this shot there's no way Cantrell should have ran out the back of the end zone. Talk about lack of awareness.

Look at the pylons

forrest city joe

I could be all wrong. but i want to see the video. on TV it looked like Austin could have run that ball in.Cantrell is no where near the back of the E.Z. in that pic.

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 12:16:10 pm
I admit now you could be right.but i want to see the video.on TV it look like he had a clear path. if i am wrong im wrong,.won't be the first or last time.hell i thought we were going to beat TCU.and boy was i wrong.we lost to them by 3 touchdown at home!

https://youtu.be/govlkKbh9hA

3:04 mark

ricepig

Need to put them Loge box seats on the back of the end zone line, no more drifting away, that concrete will get your attention!

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:20:28 pm

Look at the pylons

You know, you're right. That's a huge issue to be honest. It's pretty obvious now why Cantrell didn't think he was out of bounds.

Porkette

Good to hear some of Austin's thoughts. He showed a lot of frustration  last Saturday.
GO HOGS GO!

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:23:33 pm
You know, you're right. That's a huge issue to be honest. It's pretty obvious now why Cantrell didn't think he was out of bounds.

Aren't they always there on the hash marks?

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 12:25:31 pm

They're marking the wrong spot on the back of the end zone. They are about 3-4 feet further than the back of the end zone. Unless I'm just noticing that they don't actually mark the back of the end zone. I could be.

LRHawg

Th throw is the right call (and play call), however I'd have subbed Cantrell with O'Grady. The TE will be covered anyways, might as well put the best receiver in a position to catch it.

Regarding the center pylon, is that supposed to be on the back line?

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 12:25:31 pm

Some research online shows they are in proper spot but the second white line they are sitting on is not common.  Easy to see how the player was confused

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:27:32 pm
They're marking the wrong spot on the back of the end zone. They are about 3-4 feet further than the back of the end zone. Unless I'm just noticing that they don't actually mark the back of the end zone. I could be.
Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:21:42 pm

https://youtu.be/govlkKbh9hA

3:04 mark
After watching the video from that angle, i admit i was wrong about this. it's clear that there is Tcu player between him and the goal line. i was wrong on this one,and i admit it.

PorkRinds

Shows you how long it's been since I played football. I thought they marked the back of the end zone.

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:27:32 pm

I was incorrect

Pylons in right spot.  The second line is not usually used

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:36:11 pm
Shows you how long it's been since I played football. I thought they marked the back of the end zone.

The corner pylons do mark the corners

Dominicanhog

not sure but if that is a lineman to his right, he could have cut his way and maybe gotten in.. but Cantrell is wide open.. should have been a TD...

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:36:19 pm
I was incorrect

Pylons in right spot.  The second line is not usually used

Right. It did look strange. I guess I don't pay attention to them all that much.

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 12:39:33 pm
Right. It did look strange. I guess I don't pay attention to them all that much.

At game speed he just played the wrong line........oops.

LRHawg

Rewatched it, As far as I can tell, Cantrell never even looks down to see where he is, although if you're running the route correctly you're probably not supposed to. Just one of many execution errors we made.

forrest city joe

Quote from: LRHawg on September 15, 2017, 12:43:09 pm
Rewatched it, As far as I can tell, Cantrell never even looks down to see where he is, although if you're running the route correctly you're probably not supposed to. Just one of many execution errors we made.
Cantrell has got to be smart enough to stay in bounds. that mistake may very well had cost us that game.he had a terrible game. can't have that.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 15, 2017, 12:33:12 pm
Th throw is the right call (and play call), however I'd have subbed Cantrell with O'Grady. The TE will be covered anyways, might as well put the best receiver in a position to catch it.

Regarding the center pylon, is that supposed to be on the back line?

why, Cantrell hasn't dropped any passes and TCU thinks he may be for blocking,  they know O'Grady is for pass plays... should have been a TD.. AC just made a costly mistake...