Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I missed listening to DTS today herd Dan Enos called in

Started by forrest city joe, September 14, 2017, 09:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

What did he say about how bad this offense is? and what are they going to do about ot? any OL changes coming up?got home late today,and did not get to listen.

Lanny

I didn't hear Enos but I like listening to Coach Fitz Hill
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

forrest city joe

Quote from: Lanny on September 14, 2017, 09:28:54 pm
I didn't hear Enos but I like listening to Coach Fitz Hill
So do i Lanny.coach Hill brings a lot to the show.there needs to be somechanges in starting personal on this team.and that's on the coaches.

LRHawg

Dr. Hill tells it like it is, and that's tha truuuuuth.

Doublebees!

ShadowHawg

They were censoring criticism of CBB but allowing criticism of assistants today.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LRHawg on September 14, 2017, 11:20:07 pm
Dr. Hill tells it like it is, and that's tha truuuuuth.

Doublebees!

IF Dr. Hill is such a great coaching expert how come he didn't last as a head coach in California....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ComeonHogs!!!

Is the  QB in this offense allowed to get us out of a bad play? never hear anyone talking about QB changing plays and it has not look like it from the couch.
State Pride!!!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 15, 2017, 12:18:47 am
Need to put the best OL in, period.

And you think they aren't? These guys jobs are on the line and you think they are purposely not put the best OL out there.

RazorPiggie

Dr. Hills son probably has more of a chance making a career in football rather than basketball.

sowmonella

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 06:28:11 am
Dr. Hills son probably has more of a chance making a career in football rather than basketball.

BB is where his future will be.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

IronHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 06:26:36 am
And you think they aren't? These guys jobs are on the line and you think they are purposely not put the best OL out there.

It's pretty obvious certain players get to play through mistakes and others are not.

Can't bash players but Froholt was no where near a SEC lineman last year and was deemed untouchable starter.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Lanny

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 14, 2017, 10:46:32 pm
So do i Lanny.coach Hill brings a lot to the show.there needs to be somechanges in starting personal on this team.and that's on the coaches.
Coach Hill has helped the show no doubt
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

go hogues

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 15, 2017, 03:06:35 am
IF Dr. Hill is such a great coaching expert how come he didn't last as a head coach in California....................................
He felt a calling to mentor young men in inner city Little Rock. I've never heard anything but positive things about the man. I've seen grown men cry talking about the relationships they've had with him. He's done well at Arkansas Baptist college.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

God Bless Coach Hill for his work with kids in Little Rock.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Uncle Remus

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hobhog

Quote from: Uncle Remus on September 15, 2017, 08:17:48 am
So did Dan Enos really call in or not?

He's been quoted a 100 times in interviews since last game. Newspaper, tv, ect. AA had bad game, receivers were off, and Hayden wil have more carries next game. Said only ran 65 plays last week and weren't enough carries for backs. Williams was hot so got majority.

They are working on things, ect. Nothing earth shattering.

Sho Nuff

RazorPiggie

Quote from: sowmonella on September 15, 2017, 07:42:31 am
BB is where his future will be.

Thats where he wants it to be but not many guys below 6' in the NBA. Plenty of DBs and WRs in the league that are below 6'.

311Hog

3 head coaches on this staff maybe that is 2 to many.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 07:53:29 am
It's pretty obvious certain players get to play through mistakes and others are not.

Can't bash players but Froholt was no where near a SEC lineman last year and was deemed untouchable starter.

I don't get to see what the coaches see everyday but I think they are just throwing a couple of guys out there just to piss Hogville off. I'm certain of that.

IronHog

IronHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 09:16:35 am
I don't get to see what the coaches see everyday but I think they are just throwing a couple of guys out there just to piss Hogville off. I'm certain of that.

Is what it is.

Kevin

This
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

al_pigcino

The second half of the season he was one of the better lineman.  He also was one of the highest graded lineman in the SEC if I remember correctly. 

jcbville

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 14, 2017, 09:19:57 pm
What did he say about how bad this offense is? and what are they going to do about ot? any OL changes coming up?got home late today,and did not get to listen.

It was a joke. He didnt call in.

hamARchy in the USA

Indeed.  And why would he encourage his son to play for Mike Anderson ...

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: hobhog on September 15, 2017, 08:30:27 am
He's been quoted a 100 times in interviews since last game. Newspaper, tv, ect. AA had bad game, receivers were off, and Hayden wil have more carries next game. Said only ran 65 plays last week and weren't enough carries for backs. Williams was hot so got majority.

They are working on things, ect. Nothing earth shattering.

This is baffling to me. Williams was hot (6.5 yards a carry), but he didn't get the majority.  He got 10 carries compared to Whaley's 11 carries.  To contrast that, TCU had 3 backs (including the QB) that got 11, 12, and 15 carries.  If Williams got 15 carries, he would have been pushing a 100 yard game. 

The drive that set up the missed FG in the 3rd quarter was odd.  Pass for -4 yards, incomplete pass, AA runs for 16 yards.  Then Williams gets 4 touches and moves it 47 yards, with one pass attempt in the middle of that resulted in a pass interference.  Then we give it to Whaley 3 straight times for 14 yards....then on 3rd down we try to pass, its incomplete, and we doink it off the uprights for 0 points.  At this point in the game, the last time we threw the ball with success came with a completion to O'Grady with 1:55 to go in the 1st quarter (nearly two full quarters with nothing from the passing game).  Why throw on 3rd and goal from the 2 down by just 7?

I know its easy to second guess on the Friday after the game before a bye week, but I still can't understand how at this point in the game where you still have a chance to tie, you can't look at the 30 plays you have run so far and see that you have a hot RB an no passing game.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on September 15, 2017, 10:33:29 am
This is baffling to me. Williams was hot (6.5 yards a carry), but he didn't get the majority.  He got 10 carries compared to Whaley's 11 carries.  To contrast that, TCU had 3 backs (including the QB) that got 11, 12, and 15 carries.  If Williams got 15 carries, he would have been pushing a 100 yard game. 

The drive that set up the missed FG in the 3rd quarter was odd.  Pass for -4 yards, incomplete pass, AA runs for 16 yards.  Then Williams gets 4 touches and moves it 47 yards, with one pass attempt in the middle of that resulted in a pass interference.  Then we give it to Whaley 3 straight times for 14 yards....then on 3rd down we try to pass, its incomplete, and we doink it off the uprights for 0 points.  At this point in the game, the last time we threw the ball with success came with a completion to O'Grady with 1:55 to go in the 1st quarter (nearly two full quarters with nothing from the passing game).  Why throw on 3rd and goal from the 2 down by just 7?

I know its easy to second guess on the Friday after the game before a bye week, but I still can't understand how at this point in the game where you still have a chance to tie, you can't look at the 30 plays you have run so far and see that you have a hot RB an no passing game.

The end of that drive irritated me too, when the 4th qtr started and they moved down to our end and I could see where the ball was, I was saying two plays to score a TD. The first one of those would have been to Williams straight ahead, and depending on how close he got, probably give it to him on 4th down too.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 09:16:35 am
So you think Clary is better than Wallace because he starts and Wallace doesn't? Wallace is a freak and Clary is smart and a solid citizen. Not strong enough to take on these quality D-linemen yet. TCU's undersized linemen pushed him around like a ragdoll.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 15, 2017, 09:55:11 am
The second half of the season he was one of the better lineman.  He also was one of the highest graded lineman in the SEC if I remember correctly.
The second half of the season Wallace was on of the better linemen also. But where is he now? On the bench. Still can't figure that one out for the life of me :-\.

IronHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 15, 2017, 11:22:14 am
So you think Clary is better than Wallace because he starts and Wallace doesn't? Wallace is a freak and Clary is smart and a solid citizen. Not strong enough to take on these quality D-linemen yet. TCU's undersized linemen pushed him around like a ragdoll.

Did the same last year with the Texas transfer...

He was so undersized Auburns DT would just skate him into the backfield......road grader Gibson on the bench the entire time.

Youngsta71701

Winning at San Jose is like trying to win at Iowa State. Do you think you could have won at San Jose?

IronHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 15, 2017, 11:24:03 am
The second half of the season Wallace was on of the better linemen also. But where is he now? On the bench. Still can't figure that one out for the life of me :-\.

Same reason Austin Jones was better than Otha Peters?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 11:26:24 am

Same reason Austin Jones was better than Otha Peters?
Yeah, that didn't pan out to well did it? Lol...

PorkRinds

It is obvious. Those who have someone behind them who had proven they are as good or better come get the option to play through mistakes repeatedly. What would you suggest if there isn't anyone better behind the guy making mistakes?

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 11:32:18 am
It is obvious. Those who have someone behind them who had proven they are as good or better come get the option to play through mistakes repeatedly. What would you suggest if there isn't anyone better behind the guy making mistakes?

I watched them bumble around half last year then finally put Gibson in and he road grades Fla and Miss St in his first few games.....

If they'd started Wallace at RT they'd have rushed much better vs TCU but gotta play the latest chosen one..

forrest city joe

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on September 15, 2017, 10:04:22 am
Stop it,just stop it. it was freaking San Jose.nobody wins at San Jose.can not remember the last time they were good. and his son picked the right coach to play for.Mike Anderson is an outstanding coach.and has built a strong program here.Justice is going to be a great player for the hogs.

hoglady

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on September 15, 2017, 10:04:22 am

Maybe because he believes in Mike Anderson - and believes with Justice and the other Hawks going to the hill they can become a special team for the University of Arkansas program.
Or maybe he just loves the University of Arkansas.
Why did Larry Bird play for Indiana St??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

al_pigcino

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 15, 2017, 11:24:03 am
Big difference in Wallace and Froholdt........
Froholdt -
Junior (2017)
• Outland Trophy Watch List
• Coaches All-SEC third team
• Phil Steele All-America third team
• Phil Steele All-SEC first team
• Lindy's Sports All-SEC third team

???

IronHog

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 15, 2017, 12:05:39 pm
Big difference in Wallace and Froholdt........
Froholdt -
Junior (2017)
• Outland Trophy Watch List
• Coaches All-SEC third team
• Phil Steele All-America third team
• Phil Steele All-SEC first team
• Lindy's Sports All-SEC third team

???

Which goes to show how utterly worthless those lists can be....

I've watched nearly ever snap the kids played and zero of that is justified.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:14:32 pm

Which goes to show how utterly worthless those lists can be....

I've watched nearly ever snap the kids played and zero of that is justified.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Preseason awards and rankings mean nothing. You have to prove it on the field. Those thing are bases on opinions and potential. No doubt Froholdt has potential but Wallace was better and is better at this point. This is not a Wallace/Froholdt debate. It's a why in the hell is Wallace not playing and Clary is debate. A grown ass man vs a freshdog.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 15, 2017, 11:22:14 am

Wallace is obviously freaky enough to not see the field. And why did you bring up "solid Citizen?" What is that even supposed to mean?

I agree that our OL is in trouble but like I said before I'm not at practice every day. Maybe Clary makes less mistakes in practice than Wallace.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 12:24:52 pm
Wallace is obviously freaky enough to not see the field. And why did you bring up "solid Citizen?" What is that even supposed to mean?

I agree that our OL is in trouble but like I said before I'm not at practice every day. Maybe Clary makes less mistakes in practice than Wallace.

Can't be that. It's got to be some nefarious conspiracy to make our OL terrible.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2017, 11:55:35 am
Stop it,just stop it. it was freaking San Jose.nobody wins at San Jose.can not remember the last time they were good. and his son picked the right coach to play for.Mike Anderson is an outstanding coach.and has built a strong program here.Justice is going to be a great player for the hogs.

Mike MacIntyre went 10-2 in his last year at SJSU before being hired by Colorado.

IronHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 12:24:52 pm

4 starters back on OL but gotta start a true frosh at guard that weighs 285?

3rd year in a row for that darn.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: IronHog on September 15, 2017, 12:28:02 pm

4 starters back on OL but gotta start a true frosh at guard that weighs 285?

3rd year in a row for that darn.

Man I'm not disagreeing with you goobs. When I heard we were starting a Walk-On True Freshman I knew our OL was going to be suspect this year. But it's pretty obvious CBB just likes to recruit 4* OL and make them sit. Something must not be clicking in Merrick or Wallace. I'm not sure what it is but our tackle spots don't look good right now.

IronHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 15, 2017, 12:33:02 pm
Man I'm not disagreeing with you goobs. When I heard we were starting a Walk-On True Freshman I knew our OL was going to be suspect this year. But it's pretty obvious CBB just likes to recruit 4* OL and make them sit. Something must not be clicking in Merrick or Wallace. I'm not sure what it is but our tackle spots don't look good right now.

Lots of the best athletes seem to struggle in BBs system.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 15, 2017, 12:40:06 pm
Agreed! Gibson is a GUARD, not a tackle. He's performed terribly there against less than stellar comp, but performed great at RG last year. There needs to be a new rotation, and it doesn't need to include Clary...

Clary hasn't really been the issue. Both tackle spots are iffy.