Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we really this bad?

Started by fourpeat, September 09, 2017, 05:48:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fourpeat

Never explain yourself!  Your friends don't require it, and your enemies won't believe you anyway.

goneal

Yes we are. Just my thoughts. TCU is not a great team, although we made them appear to be better than they are. We have no special teams again! We have no experienced recievers. We've consistently lost key players to freak foot injuries. Secondary is (again) poor. Linebackers (again) are poor. O line is big, slow, timid and constantly over-matched.
I'm not sure about the backfield. They may be pretty good, but with the o line, they're likely to never reach their potential. Allen is adequate to good, but he doesn't have much of a chance with that line and reciever corps. On top of all this, how confidant can you be with this many true freshmen playing this much? To me this indicates how badly these guys have evaluated and recruited. It's year 6, and the program  has shown zero improvement, but indeed, is regressing. Amazingly, Long has gotten us into this rediculous buyout situation. He and Beilema are entirely too comfortable to be at this level of performance. I'm totally at a loss as to what can be done at this point. I do know that the LR Touchdown Club needs to absolutely roast Jeff Long's ass on Monday. He needs to made very very uncomfortable.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

MrKlem10

Danimal

razorsharptusk

We will not win an SEC game this year. Write it down.
GO HOGS!!

Llanowan

Quote from: goneal on September 09, 2017, 06:25:28 pm
Yes we are. Just my thoughts. TCU is not a great team, although we made them appear to be better than they are. We have no special teams again! We have no experienced recievers. We've consistently lost key players to freak foot injuries. Secondary is (again) poor. Linebackers (again) are poor. O line is big, slow, timid and constantly over-matched.
I'm not sure about the backfield. They may be pretty good, but with the o line, they're likely to never reach their potential. Allen is adequate to good, but he doesn't have much of a chance with that line and reciever corps. On top of all this, how confidant can you be with this many true freshmen playing this much? To me this indicates how badly these guys have evaluated and recruited. It's year 6, and the program  has shown zero improvement, but indeed, is regressing. Amazingly, Long has gotten us into this rediculous buyout situation. He and Beilema are entirely too comfortable to be at this level of performance. I'm totally at a loss as to what can be done at this point. I do know that the LR Touchdown Club needs to absolutely roast Jeff Long's ass on Monday. He needs to made very very uncomfortable.

I'm as upset as anyone with the performance today, but I'm not sure which game you were watching.  Our secondary was NOT poor - they were outstanding, especially considering Pulley was out.  There were a couple of times where guys got beat, but they played very well on the whole.

BassinHawg

After watching the game in person and seeing all aspects I would say a BiG Fat Yes to match the Head Coach! This is not an SEC caliber team and will struggle all year long. It was brutal to watch to offense.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Arazorbackguy1

I'd say No.  we were in the game until the PI call. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 09, 2017, 06:43:27 pm
I'd say No.  we were in the game until the PI call.

The only reason we were in this game was the D.  Held a good TCU Offense to 14 points for 3 plus quarters.  Any production from the offense and we win... any production at alll...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hoggie17

I can think of 2 of our past coaches that could win with Allen, so no we are not bad.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 09, 2017, 06:48:01 pm
I can think of 2 of our past coaches that could win with Allen, so no we are not bad.

AA, Williams and some of the D played well.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hogvillage Idiot

The offense is bad all around but particularly the o-line.  Brett should not have let the talent on the o-line slip as a sharply as it has.  He prides himself on his emphasis on the o-line but it looks to have been totally neglected the past 2-3 years.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HawgWild

potus

This is an insult to Coach Broyles

idochog

I love Jesus!

HouSwine

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on September 09, 2017, 06:51:44 pm
The offense is bad all around but particularly the o-line.  Brett should not have let the talent on the o-line slip as a sharply as it has.  He prides himself on his emphasis on the o-line but it looks to have been totally neglected the past 2-3 years.
AA had all day to throw it several times.

oldhog63

Yes. Based on what I saw today, I am not so sure this is not Bielema's worst team. TCU is not that good. Game was not as close as the score. We looked bad in all phases of the game. No energy, no enthusiasm, no sense of urgency. Just poor looking team. I sure hope something switches on, because if it doesn't it is going to be a long season. We will be lucky to win 6 games this year playing like we did today.

mckinneyhog5

No, this team isn't bad. Our fans OTOH are darn...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

orvillesghost

I thought the defense played fairly decent until they finally wore out.

I cant tell on offense..I still think AA is a decent QB but it looked like his receivers ran the wrong routes at times, hard to tell on the running backs for OL struggled so much.

The concerning thing is that our glaring weaknesses of the last few years *special teams, OL play, goal line offense* never seem to get any better.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 09, 2017, 09:30:03 pm
Agreed, at least on our fans. 

oldhog63

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 09, 2017, 09:34:02 pm
I thought the defense played fairly decent until they finally wore out.

I cant tell on offense..I still think AA is a decent QB but it looked like his receivers ran the wrong routes at times, hard to tell on the running backs for OL struggled so much.

The concerning thing is that our glaring weaknesses of the last few years *special teams, OL play, goal line offense* never seem to get any better.
The most concerning to me is that we play so flat, emotionless. I don't see any sort of leadership on either side of the ball. No one seems to be picking guys up, encouraging, jumping around. Just no enthusiasm.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: oldhog63 on September 09, 2017, 09:37:36 pm
The most concerning to me is that we play so flat, emotionless. I don't see any sort of leadership on either side of the ball. No one seems to be picking guys up, encouraging, jumping around. Just no enthusiasm.
Our OL has lost some of it's "nastiness" since skipper left but we have some young guys playing. Then again people complained when Skipper got PF flags for his play.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 09, 2017, 09:43:56 pm
Our OL has lost some of it's "nastiness" since skipper left but we have some young guys playing. Then again people complained when Skipper got PF flags for his play.
We had guys hustling all over the field today.  Had ol pancaking guys on a screen 15-20 yards downfield. 

"Coaches" arnd hogville think these guys should sprint everywhere at all times.  No one does that, even in the NFL.  It's a waste of energy at times.  People just look for things to be upset about.

oldhog63

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 09, 2017, 09:43:56 pm
I agree, we could use a little more "nastiness". I just don't see all 11 guys "getting after it" on every play. Maybe one or two here and there each play. Just don't see guys flying around the ball. Just seem to be going through the motions. Something just doesn't seem right. Don't know what it is, but just feels that way to me.

oldhog63

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 09:51:35 pm
We had guys hustling all over the field today.  Had ol pancaking guys on a screen 15-20 yards downfield. 

"Coaches" arnd hogville think these guys should sprint everywhere at all times.  No one does that, even in the NFL.  It's a waste of energy at times.  People just look for things to be upset about.
I disagree. I just didn't see all 11 consistently playing as a unit.

Hogz87

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 09, 2017, 09:30:03 pm
I'd love to have some of what you're having.  What game did you watch today that convinced you we weren't a bad football team?

Atlhogfan1

Our glaring weakness is no big play threats on either side of the ball or STs.   Gotta find some and let them play.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogz87

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 09:35:33 pm
Agreed, at least on our fans. 
A lot/most of our fans being upset after today's performance, and highly concerned about the rest of the season going forward, is perfectly reasonable and does not make them bad fans.

oldhog63

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 09, 2017, 09:56:28 pm
Our glaring weakness is no big play threats on either side of the ball or STs.   Gotta find some and let them play.
I agree. No one seems to step up and make that momentum changing play.

lasthog

Quote from: oldhog63 on September 09, 2017, 09:27:52 pm
Yes. Based on what I saw today, I am not so sure this is not Bielema's worst team. TCU is not that good. Game was not as close as the score. We looked bad in all phases of the game. No energy, no enthusiasm, no sense of urgency. Just poor looking team. I sure hope something switches on, because if it doesn't it is going to be a long season. We will be lucky to win 6 games this year playing like we did today.

I believe you have articulated why there was so much complaining by some after last week's 49-7 win.

doc53

Quote from: lasthog on September 09, 2017, 10:10:39 pm

I believe you have articulated why there was so much complaining by some after last week's 49-7 win.
The score should have been 49-7 but for TCU receivers dropping balls and TCU losing fumble close to our endzone..and an interception.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hogz87 on September 09, 2017, 09:56:31 pm
A lot/most of our fans being upset after today's performance, and highly concerned about the rest of the season going forward, is perfectly reasonable and does not make them bad fans.
Some of our fans encouraging others to quit buying tickets to make a point does make them bad fans.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: doc53 on September 09, 2017, 11:07:43 pm
The score should have been 49-7 but for TCU receivers dropping balls and TCU losing fumble close to our endzone..and an interception.
Or the score could have been 21-7 or 28-14 Hogs. 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: oldhog63 on September 09, 2017, 09:54:37 pm
I disagree. I just didn't see all 11 consistently playing as a unit.
Do you know every players responsibility on every play? 

HardCore

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 11:10:52 pm
Some of our fans encouraging others to quit buying tickets to make a point does make them bad fans.
How do you propose getting the point across?  Things have to change....dramatically!  Not tomorrow........today!  We have an AD that doesn't seem to give a crap, does not have a winning mentality, is not passionate about greatness......just bring in the $.  He might make a decent building contractor, but he is a loser of an AD.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HardCore

Quote from: Hogz87 on September 09, 2017, 09:56:31 pm
I am worried that this AD and Admin have sunk our program to an irrecoverable state at this point
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

lefty08

Quote from: HardCore on September 10, 2017, 07:18:07 am
How do you propose getting the point across?  Things have to change....dramatically!  Not tomorrow........today!  We have an AD that doesn't seem to give a crap, does not have a winning mentality, is not passionate about greatness......just bring in the $.  He might make a decent building contractor, but he is a loser of an AD.

Here we have a prime example of someone who has no frickin clue what the job of an AD is. Id be willing to be he has no idea what the job of any given player on any given play is as well, yet he is screaming from the rooftops that there is no hope
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: HouSwine on September 09, 2017, 07:56:07 pm
AA had all day to throw it several times.
Well, they did have that going for them.  ::)
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

buldozer

The individual players don't seem as bad as the end result to me. I believe a competent coach could come in and dramatically improve the results on the field with these same players. There is no motivation, no side line coaching, and no sense of urgency among the players. The poor on-field performance lays directly at the feet of the head coach. Period.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: buldozer on September 11, 2017, 02:24:11 am
The individual players don't seem as bad as the end result to me. I believe a competent coach could come in and dramatically improve the results on the field with these same players. There is no motivation, no side line coaching, and no sense of urgency among the players. The poor on-field performance lays directly at the feet of the head coach. Period.

Unfortunately Lou is old and has had his time at Arkansas. We need a turn around on several levels.

The less than mediocre play we witnessed Sat. is unacceptable.

" GO HOGS "

" GO HOGS "

rtr

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 11:10:52 pm
This bad fan argument is false.  The people who continually make it have an agenda and it is not necessarily loyalty to the program.  Yes, we are that bad.  This could be Bielema's worst team since he has been here.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Athog

PonderinHog

Redhogs

Quote from: buldozer on September 11, 2017, 02:24:11 am
100% correct...5 yrs. and counting.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jgphillips3

The defense is improved.  The offensive scheme is fine but the offense itself is a disaster.  We have one quality lineman, three quality backs and a quality QB...currently.  A couple of linemen might get there and a few receivers might get there.  However, if TCU can run on us like they did and throttle us at the point of attack, we will be lucky to beat anyone other than A&M in the SEC.  there is so much wrong with the offensive side of the ball, I can't see it getting fixed anytime soon.  Maybe by next year but I sure don't see it happening in season since it basically looks like our line play is barely improved over last year and the receivers are so bad TCU covered them with ease.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogcard1964

Quote from: HawgWild on September 09, 2017, 06:52:12 pm
CBB is channeling John L.

Speaking of that twit, would it have hurt to extend John L. Smith one more year as an "intern" in order to have gone after Chris Peterson or James Franklin?

Hogdomer

Quote from: alohawg on September 09, 2017, 06:26:23 pm
Worse. TCU is not good.

I agree.  In fact I would almost be willing to bet SMU plays them much tougher this week than we did.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 11, 2017, 09:10:57 am
Speaking of that twit, would it have hurt to extend John L. Smith one more year as an "intern" in order to have gone after Chris Peterson or James Franklin?

Would not have been options. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.