Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Having Kids Affects A Football Coach?

Started by NuttinItUp, July 11, 2017, 07:24:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Anyone seen any hard numbers on the success or failure of coaches before and after having children?

I Googled and can't find any stories on it. Surely someone has looked at this before and has stats.

I can see positives (skills developed from caring for a child, etc.) and negatives (less hours, distractions, etc.) for any coach after having kids, but it may depend on the individual more than anything.

(Note: I am not looking at whether Coach B will be a good or bad parent, I am just wondering about how it affects his coaching and coaches in general.)

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm fairly certain the in-laws and parents will be around pretty regularly, not to mention we pay him enough to hire a first class live-in nanny.

Definitely not an excuse to regress.
This is my non-signature signature.

Al Boarland

It think having kids changes everyone differently as it relates to your professional career. 

threeNout

worth 1.6 more wins a year, on average  (joking)

just thinking of how having kids affects anyone, and for many it gives a feeling of completeness and contentment.

so maybe a more content and complete CBB will be a better coach?

I'll just go with that.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Großer Kriegschwein

Woody Hayes had kids?

Sweet little baby Jesus. I feel sorry for them.

Großer Kriegschwein

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 11, 2017, 09:59:41 pm
Yeah he was actually the judge for the Maurice Clarett case from Ohio state but removed himself drom the case because of conflict of interest.

It's a small world.

I figured he'd have a Jerry Springer type show.

Waldron_Hog

I don't think kids have slowed down Saban any.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on July 11, 2017, 11:51:40 pm
I don't think kids have slowed down Saban any.

Seems like he might be a "hands off" parent like Trump, at least until the kids are grown.

HF#1

I think it depends on the coach. I don't see Bielema as a guy who is going to enjoy being away from his little girl a lot. I would bet the football operations center is where Jen and that baby will spend a lot of their time.

As the father of an 8 week old little girl, I treasure every minute I get with her.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

LRHawg

I dont' know about anyone else, but having my son really kicked my ass in gear at work. I was sort of burnt out and floundering in the same job for 5 years when he came, now I'm doing something better and working harder to boot. Maybe this is the kick in the behind Bielema needs? Lord knows his wife's going to be blowing a ton of his money on that sweet baby girl.