Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

War Memorial advice

Started by verticalhog, July 09, 2017, 08:44:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

verticalhog

I'm assuming it will be easy to pick up two tics for the Fla. A&M game outside the stadium.  Valid assumption?
I'm seeing low prices for parking in lots 10 and 12.  Are these sites OK for walking to the stadium for a mostly healthy 63 year old?  Thanks for guidance on either or both of these topics.

hawganatic

You'll be able to buy tix outside the stadium no issues.  Usually find pretty good seats too.   Here's a map for the parking.  Looks like lot 10 is a pretty good hike and I'm pretty sure that side of the stadium is hilly.  Lot 12 you'll just have to walk through the golf course, which is always entertainment in itself.

http://www.wmstadium.com/stadium-info/razorback-priority-parking

Side note, be prepared for the normal hatred and trolls that any thread about WMS brings out, regardless of the original intent, and for your thread to devolve into the typical "Little Rock is the debil" convo.

verticalhog

Thanks.  Not wanting to wake up any ghosts just wanting to take a friend to a nearby Hogs game.

factchecker

Plenty of tickets available via Razorback Ticket Office for $35:

https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AF17%3A01%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBI&cgc=

Stadium Map:

Parking Map:

Seats 3D:

http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/university_arkansas/war_memorial_stadium/#/level_1/

Stadium Policies:

http://www.wmstadium.com/stadium-info/a-to-z-guide
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tasteslikechicken

We park in Lot 12. It's not too bad of a walk from there. The last bit from Fair Park BLVD to the stadium is the most uphill part, but there's plenty of shade there should you need to stop and catch a breath. Not sure what to expect with a Thurs night game but traffic is always slow as you know what and backed up to you know where (We come in from the West on Markham) so allow plenty of time. Once you turn into the lot, there is usually an attendant around somehwere to direct you where they want you to park. Hopefully its a blow out, so getting out shouldn't be too bad.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

In before some jerk says, "Don't Go!"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redleg

Some jerk won't need to worry about saying that after 2018.  :'(
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hobhog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 10, 2017, 08:44:58 am
In before some jerk says, "Don't Go!"...

Or "I have the best seat in front of my big HDTV flat screen".....

GuvHog

Quote from: verticalhog on July 09, 2017, 08:44:18 pm
I'm assuming it will be easy to pick up two tics for the Fla. A&M game outside the stadium.  Valid assumption?
I'm seeing low prices for parking in lots 10 and 12.  Are these sites OK for walking to the stadium for a mostly healthy 63 year old?  Thanks for guidance on either or both of these topics.

A peace of advice. If you want to get out on the highway in a reasonable amount of time after the game, avoid parking on the Golf Course at all costs. When we go, we usually park somewhere behind the State Heath Department building. The last time we parked on the Golf Course, we took our time getting back to the vehicle after the game and STILL sat on the Golf Course for an hour and a half.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawganatic

Quote from: GuvHog on July 10, 2017, 11:16:18 am
A peace of advice. If you want to get out on the highway in a reasonable amount of time after the game, avoid parking on the Golf Course at all costs. When we go, we usually park somewhere behind the State Heath Department building. The last time we parked on the Golf Course, we took our time getting back to the vehicle after the game and STILL sat on the Golf Course for an hour and a half.

Do what I do and make sure you have some beers put away for after the game. Sit on the course until the cops tell you that you have to leave. 

Traffic is never a problem at that point...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: verticalhog on July 09, 2017, 08:44:18 pm
I'll add my 2 cents: yep, you should be able to pretty much have your pick of seats outside the stadium. Done it many times even with games that have been far more interesting/relevant.