Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yahoo ranks all 65 Power Five schools in overall athletic success

Started by trphog, July 06, 2017, 04:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogs run wild

30?

what does Stanford win at? golf? swimming? volley ball?
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

NuttinItUp

Just to be clear, this isn't a Yahoo editor's opinion. According to the paragraph at the top, it is an average of each school's rank in the Learfield Directors Cup over the past five school years (2012-13 through 2016-17).
"The Learfield standings are used by the National Association of College Directors of Athletics (NACDA) as the official measuring stick for how universities perform overall athletically in a given year."

RME

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs run wild on July 06, 2017, 06:50:17 pm
30?

what does Stanford win at? golf? swimming? volley ball?

A whole lot of sports..............It just might be what most schools should pattern their sports program after............unless they are in the SEC!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

The funniest and most interesting of the SEC schools was old misses ranked last in the conference and behind even Vandy and MSU!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogwild

CBS released their rankings, formula below.  Florida State came in first.  Arkansas is in 32nd place, just ahead of A&M.

QuoteThe weighted formula: Football is 2.5 times as much as the other sports, while men's basketball is worth twice as many points. Teams that did not finish in the final AP Top 25 in football but played in a bowl were awarded 62.5 points (25 x 2.5). Teams that made the NIT, CBI or CIT were given 20 points (10 x 2), while WNIT teams received 10 points. For all titles settled via bracket, point totals were based upon how many teams participated. All champions in the other sports received 100 points for a national title. For example: Florida baseball received 100 points, while its second-place finish in softball received 90 points.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/best-in-college-sports-florida-state-edges-rival-florida-for-tight-win-in-2016-17/

bob slydell

The reigning football national champions are #49 because they don't do winter sports? 
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.