Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caring for his blind mother, Arkansas linebacker Derrick Munson grew up fast

Started by jbcarol, July 05, 2017, 12:44:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/SECCountryHogs/status/882633103180783616

QuoteDerrick isn't around to help through the transition.

A freak accident nearly eight years ago left Collette — then in her early 30s —

Collette was holding her then-infant daughter, Alaysia, who held some keys in her hands. Alaysia dropped the keys and they scratched her eyes. Within a couple of weeks, her eyesight was gone.

Hogs' first commit of 2017 was committed to helping his mom around the house
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

sickboy

Jesus. What a tragedy. Takes a strong woman with a good family around her to overcome that.

Say what you will about Bielema's tenure at Arkansas... I love the fact that I'm constantly reading stories about our players having strong families and unbelievable character.

OLDHOG

Quote from: sickboy on July 05, 2017, 01:53:48 pm
Jesus. What a tragedy. Takes a strong woman with a good family around her to overcome that.

Say what you will about Bielema's tenure at Arkansas... I love the fact that I'm constantly reading stories about our players having strong families and unbelievable character.
yes, it's called uncommon.

nchogg

Very good story upstanding young man. He will make his mama proud Go Hogs!

The OTR

Told you all he'd be moved to linebacker

Who needs to come in and eat crow on that. It was about 3 or 4 of you.

daBoar

Quote from: sickboy on July 05, 2017, 01:53:48 pm

Yes, whenever I get a bit miffed at CBB, I recognize that we are not (my other team) the Cowboys.

biglewhog77

PORKULATOR

If he'd come in and get double digit sacks this year, I'd eat everyone's crow. Lol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hoglady

Wow - what a mature young man.
And hats off to his Mom and Dad who obviously provided an exceptional foundation for their son.
He stepped up when needed and excelled.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality