Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philon's story on signing day

Started by monty hawg, June 28, 2017, 10:22:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

greenEGnHAWGS

Just out of curiosity, why is this story just NOW coming to light that the rug wasn't in fact pulled out from him moments before he was to sign the papers? We had a complete play-by-play when AC's mom ran away with his papers just days after it happened.

Also, it does seem fishy that if he WAS coming to Arkansas...why would he still bring a Bama hat and have it on the table? Just doesnt add up...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Dillar Dog

He wasn't as highly rated as Collins.  He wasn't really a story.

I watched that live on local TV in mobile. 

Dillar Dog

And we can thank Winston for him.  He's the one that got him to come here.

PorkSoda

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on June 28, 2017, 02:44:13 pm
Just out of curiosity, why is this story just NOW coming to light that the rug wasn't in fact pulled out from him moments before he was to sign the papers?

"Philon tore his meniscus during the playoffs of his senior year with the Wolves. He was committed to the Tide. However, he was told by Alabama he would have to grayshirt."

He found out about the grayshirt, he said, "like a week before signing day."

That is how I remember it.

I didn't watch the signing day, so didn't catch any of that drama
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 28, 2017, 04:31:31 pm
"Philon tore his meniscus during the playoffs of his senior year with the Wolves. He was committed to the Tide. However, he was told by Alabama he would have to grayshirt."

this was the story the whole time.  you must be mis remembering. 

I think he's referring to the thought he only heard he was being asked to grayshirt that morning, when he had already decided to come to Arkansas the day before.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2017, 04:35:43 pm
I think he's referring to the thought he only heard he was being asked to grayshirt that morning, when he had already decided to come to Arkansas the day before.
yeah, I guess I missed that part. 

I had only heard that he was asked by bama to greyshirt because of an injury after he had already committed to them.   that is why he ultimately signed with the hogs.  and I'm glad he did.

I'm just not sure why its some sort of scandal that he found out a week before signing day or a day before signing day.  either way, bama screwed him over and he signed with the hogs.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

BornaHog

If you guys remember correctly, and even if you don't. you can go back to the Catfish Hole posting on the 3 other big recruits that came in with Alex that night. I posted very happy pics of them and stated I believed we would get 3 of them and all 3 were great players for the HOGS
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG