Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivalry

Started by NoogaHog, June 06, 2017, 09:10:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoogaHog

THAT, my friends, is how rivalries are made! Not by special names or 200 lb. gilded footwear. We don't like them, they don't like us.

Two years ago, we stole their super regional and beat them in it. The tension was high the whole weekend. They put a countdown on their website for when the Hogs returned to town, and proceeded to kick the snot out of the Hogs. We returned the favor midweek this year. We played them in two 1 run games that meant something, and came with controversy and ill feelings.

Mr. Bazzel can't build a trophy for hate. These games come with high emotion on their own. After the games, there are hand shakes, pats on the back, and maybe a few middle fingers thrown in.

Thanks, Hogs, for a fun season.

Well played, Missouri State. I hope you get your arses kicked in Cowtown.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

FraggleHog

The fact that their coach is an a$$ clown and has established a culture of whining and bellyaching definitely adds to the hatred. The players were complaining after every call. Definitely have established an "us against the world" mentality... They won this battle for sure, but I can't wait to beat them down next season!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

RazrRila99

Saw a shirt one time that had the following:

Good Game
Good Game
F--- You
Good Game
Good Game

That about sums my feelings for MoState.  I never really gave them any thought about anything, other than a beautiful campus in a pretty neat city.  That all changed though.  I just dont like them.  I admire their "little guy" syndrome by stepping up against the "big guys", but their lack of humility (act like you been there) is what makes my skin boil. 

micali

Yes, their pissing and moaning comes from the head coach. Our players  just walk away but they may give a glare as they do but they let the coach handle the situation.  These clowns piss me off just watching them at bat. They just don't appear to me to have any class. With that said, you are right on how rivalries are started. I don't think this team considers them more than an annoying yapping dog that just won't shut up. Obviously I'm not playing so I have no handle on what the team thinks, this is just my thoughts. I doubt we have their game marked and circled on the calendar just clamoring to play them again. I hope they get clobbered by the first team they play and they are the first to get sent home.   

311Hog

This is as much a rivalry as Arkansas State is a rivalry.  I have already forgotten about this team and probably won't see them again for many years.

FraggleHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 11:04:20 am
This is as much a rivalry as Arkansas State is a rivalry.  I have already forgotten about this team and probably won't see them again for many years.

Pretty sure we play a midweek series with them every season...

311Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 06, 2017, 11:25:41 am
Pretty sure we play a midweek series with them every season...

rent a win teams are not rivals

247Hog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 11:26:45 am

I barely keep up with College Baseball but im smart enough to know #2 seed that won over 40 games in a season isn't a rent a win....smh
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

311Hog

Quote from: 247Hog on June 06, 2017, 11:52:09 am
I barely keep up with College Baseball but im smart enough to know #2 seed that won over 40 games in a season isn't a rent a win....smh

Yes this year, otherwise a directional school from Missouri is a rent a win.  They are like playing Arkansas State.  If it ever happened the "little guy" mentality would take over and they would be so hype to play us that we might lose and probably would a time or two especially when the stakes are so high in a winner take all scenario.

Fact is we bombed this team at their place during the regular season.  If they were an  SEC team they wouldn't be near as good as they were "this season", or maybe they would in a vacuum for just this year as their line up is stacked and they are a good team, they as just not a rival of ours.

I do not have the records on hand but i would go out a limb and say that most years and historically if/when we play them in the mid week we probably won most of those, and no one really cared because it was a mid week game against a directional school from Missouri.  2 of the past 3 years it has been elevated because they had a good run on some local players, i expect that to go away and they will return to a directional school from Missouri that we play as a filler mid week non con opponent.

SPAL

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 11:26:45 am

This is a pretty stupid take.

311Hog

June 06, 2017, 12:13:53 pm #10 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:52:19 pm by 311Hog
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2017, 12:09:26 pm
This is a pretty stupid take.

so oral roberts is a rival to? what about bethune cookman are they are rival of Florida's ?

just looked best i can tell the record since 2003 is UA 15 - SW Missouri state 5 that includes this weekend. I am not sure of the result or if we played in 2014 or 2016, but most seasons it was a single game, outside of the postseason we have never played a 3 game series against them, and most of the games were double digit wins. All of the loses except one were by 1 run (it was 2 runs).  You play any team in a 1 game scenario and you will lose every once in awhile.

Also we have played Oral Roberts in basically the same fashion each year as well.

NoogaHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 12:13:53 pm
so oral roberts is a rival to? what about bethune cookman are they are rival of Florida's ?

just looked best i can tell the record since 2003 is UA 15 - SW Missouri state 5 that includes this weekend. I am not sure of the result or if we played in 2014 or 2016, but most seasons it was a single game, outside of the postseason we have never played a 3 game series against them, and most of the games were double digit wins. All of the loses except one were by 1 run (it was 2 runs).  You play any team in a 1 game scenario and you will lose every once in awhile.

Also we have played Oral Roberts in basically the same fashion each year as well.

Not sure if you are really serious or just clueless. This rent-a-win team is 4-4 against us the last 3 seasons. I know, we want to be rivals with LSU, but we are not beating them enough for them to care. We have never beaten them in the SEC tourney. We have never beaten them to change the trajectory of their season.

By comparison, we are the higher ranked team sitting home while the Bears are going to move on. Again, there was bad blood in 2015 when we beat them in a Super that they were supposed to be hosting.

They think our coach is a tool, while we know theirs is.

We will likely see more of them in the post season, and while I hope and expect to beat teams like ORU and Tulsa, I want to knock Missouri State back to DII.

FraggleHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 12:05:32 pm
Yes this year, otherwise a directional school from Missouri is a rent a win.  They are like playing Arkansas State.  If it ever happened the "little guy" mentality would take over and they would be so hype to play us that we might lose and probably would a time or two especially when the stakes are so high in a winner take all scenario.

Fact is we bombed this team at their place during the regular season.  If they were an  SEC team they wouldn't be near as good as they were "this season", or maybe they would in a vacuum for just this year as their line up is stacked and they are a good team, they as just not a rival of ours.

I do not have the records on hand but i would go out a limb and say that most years and historically if/when we play them in the mid week we probably won most of those, and no one really cared because it was a mid week game against a directional school from Missouri.  2 of the past 3 years it has been elevated because they had a good run on some local players, i expect that to go away and they will return to a directional school from Missouri that we play as a filler mid week non con opponent.

Pretty sure we squeaked by them 2 years ago in the Super Regionals as well and they've been to the CWS... Just because they're not in a power 5 conference doesn't mean they're not a legit program. This isn't football... or even basketball. The parity between major programs and small programs is much more evident in baseball.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 06, 2017, 09:10:16 am
THAT, my friends, is how rivalries are made! Not by special names or 200 lb. gilded footwear. We don't like them, they don't like us.

Two years ago, we stole their super regional and beat them in it. The tension was high the whole weekend. They put a countdown on their website for when the Hogs returned to town, and proceeded to kick the snot out of the Hogs. We returned the favor midweek this year. We played them in two 1 run games that meant something, and came with controversy and ill feelings.

Mr. Bazzel can't build a trophy for hate. These games come with high emotion on their own. After the games, there are hand shakes, pats on the back, and maybe a few middle fingers thrown in.

Thanks, Hogs, for a fun season.

Well played, Missouri State. I hope you get your arses kicked in Cowtown.
We didn't steal their super regional.  They handed it to us.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 06, 2017, 01:36:52 pm
We didn't steal their super regional.  They handed it to us.

Oh, I know that. But they still felt slighted and it definitely added fire to the weekend.

311Hog

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 06, 2017, 01:24:20 pm
Not sure if you are really serious or just clueless. This rent-a-win team is 4-4 against us the last 3 seasons. I know, we want to be rivals with LSU, but we are not beating them enough for them to care. We have never beaten them in the SEC tourney. We have never beaten them to change the trajectory of their season.

By comparison, we are the higher ranked team sitting home while the Bears are going to move on. Again, there was bad blood in 2015 when we beat them in a Super that they were supposed to be hosting.

They think our coach is a tool, while we know theirs is.

We will likely see more of them in the post season, and while I hope and expect to beat teams like ORU and Tulsa, I want to knock Missouri State back to DII.

and we are 11-1 against them in the previous 10 seasons what is your point? these dudes got one cycle of good players, they are not a rival they are not a big time program.  they didnt get to host a super regional because they don't or didn't have their own freaking stadium my guy.  We didnt " do that to them" they did that to themselves.

Call me when they are legit for a decade.  As i said again if you take a regional school or a school like A state that would run over their own momma to get a shot at the UofA in a 1 game scenario and i will show you the most fired up and motivated team ever.  Just look at how they acted and how we acted.  Been there done that.

You bring up LSU that is a good comparison.  LSU compared to us is Us compared to SW Missouri state. So thanks for proving my point.

PintailKiller

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 01:50:43 pm
and we are 11-1 against them in the previous 10 seasons what is your point? these dudes got one cycle of good players, they are not a rival they are not a big time program.  they didnt get to host a super regional because they don't or didn't have their own freaking stadium my guy.  We didnt " do that to them" they did that to themselves.

Call me when they are legit for a decade.  As i said again if you take a regional school or a school like A state that would run over their own momma to get a shot at the UofA in a 1 game scenario and i will show you the most fired up and motivated team ever.  Just look at how they acted and how we acted.  Been there done that.

You bring up LSU that is a good comparison.  LSU compared to us is Us compared to SW Missouri state. So thanks for proving my point.

Missouri State isn't your average "directional" school.  They have produces 37 AAs while Arkansas has produced 22, according to the media guide.  Went to the CWS in 03 and have been to 2 Supers now.  The tension between the coaches is what is creating the rivalry.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

SPAL

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 12:13:53 pm

Now you're just being ignorant. Or maybe you are this stupid. To compare Bethune cookman or oral Roberts to Missouri​ is ridiculous

rzrbkman

If Missouri St. is just a "rent a win" team to Arkansas, what is Arkansas to LSU, who has a 62-28 win advantage over the Hogs?

311Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2017, 02:11:16 pm
Now you're just being ignorant. Or maybe you are this stupid. To compare Bethune cookman or oral Roberts to Missouri​ is ridiculous

I am not going to get into a name calling fight with a mod about how great Southwest Missouri state is.

Fact is when i looked up the records since 2003 for the Razorbacks i saw that Oral Roberts was just like SMS, Southwest Missouri State, Missouri State.  In that we played them once a year, we usually won in dominate fashion, sometimes there would be a home and home mixed up in the schedule and we usually won them anyway, and Oral Roberts is a good mid major team.

It is only in the last 3 years that Missouri State has achieved any high level success (i know CWS 2003 we actually beat them that year to i believe), i am not denying they have been a good team 2 of the past 3 years, and the 4-4 record between the teams shows that, but those are the ONLY 3 game series the schools have played each other in the modern era and we won the only legit 3 game series as this year's we had to play a whole nother game in this 3 game stretch and did so without 2 preseason weekend pitchers.

So please spare me that Missouri State is this amazing elite Baseball power house and a legit rival of the Razorbacks because they aren't.

Anymore then we are for LSU.  We aren't on their level and SMS isn't on ours.

NoogaHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 02:17:35 pm
So please spare me that Missouri State is this amazing elite Baseball power house and a legit rival of the Razorbacks because they aren't.

Yet, here we are at home, while they are moving on.

Not saying they are elite, or a power house, but a budding rivalry.

311Hog

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 06, 2017, 02:25:24 pm
Yet, here we are at home, while they are moving on.

once, i for one have do or experience things more than once before i start assigning labels to them. 

311Hog

Quote from: rzrbkman on June 06, 2017, 02:15:19 pm
If Missouri St. is just a "rent a win" team to Arkansas, what is Arkansas to LSU, who has a 62-28 win advantage over the Hogs?

a conference team that doesn't have near the resume of the Tigers. At least we play the same teams and the same schedule as the Tigers, and our results aren't judged by one game plucked out of obscurity. 
I mean some of you guys probably said the same thing about Toledo, or were hypocritical about it in football (who cares they won 11 games or so that year).  In one game scenarios good team vs big 5 conf. team almost anything can happen.

I just contest this idea that we are anywhere close to rivals, sure maybe if this keeps up for like a decade that might be true, but not now.

NoogaHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 02:27:49 pm
once, i for one have do or experience things more than once before i start assigning labels to them.

And to your point, if we beat them the next 10 times in a row, then this conversation is moot. However, if it continues the next 3-4 years like the last 3, the hatred is gonna grow.

I never said that they are our equal, or that they are better. I said that they have now become a team I want to beat more than several other teams on our schedule, especially non-con. I look forward to the Hogs curb-stomping them next year on some random Tuesday in April. Where as, while I would be pleased by a midweek win over Oral Bobs or Tulsa, I will be paying more attention when Missouri State is in the dugout.

I would think that the Bears fans care a little more about playing Arkansas than they would Okie Lite or KState, or Nebraska or other Power 5 programs in the area.   

311Hog

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 06, 2017, 02:45:08 pm
And to your point, if we beat them the next 10 times in a row, then this conversation is moot. However, if it continues the next 3-4 years like the last 3, the hatred is gonna grow.

I never said that they are our equal, or that they are better. I said that they have now become a team I want to beat more than several other teams on our schedule, especially non-con. I look forward to the Hogs curb-stomping them next year on some random Tuesday in April. Where as, while I would be pleased by a midweek win over Oral Bobs or Tulsa, I will be paying more attention when Missouri State is in the dugout.

I would think that the Bears fans care a little more about playing Arkansas than they would Okie Lite or KState, or Nebraska or other Power 5 programs in the area.   
Then we pretty much agree because that is all i am saying.  For years they were nobody on our schedule.  Then 2 years ago they got butthurt because they had to play a super in our ball park because they couldn't use theirs. And of course predictably they get put into our regional because the NCAA loves a good David vs Golith story line even though this team Missouri was probably good enough to host their own, i mean our regional had 3 40+ win teams in it.

All i am saying is they are losing a ton from this team that has been on this run, and if they fade back into mid april mid week obscurity i will not be surprised in the least, but i am not going to all of the sudden start thinking of them in the same group as LSU, Florida or pretty much anyone in the SEC.

NoogaHog

But it's the caring a little more part that makes it a potential rivalry, which was my original point. They don't have to be equals. We want to crush them and they want to crush us.

It's organic. It's not about a big trophy or a special name. It is just happening. If they hold their own against us the next few years it may be a bigger deal. I hope it does. What else you got to do on a random Tuesday in April? Watch the Hogs outscore Grand Canyon 17-3 in 2 games? This way "it just means more."

lc480

No way in h-ll should we lose 2 games to  M state lite at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoogaHog

I move that we should from henceforth refer to them as Li'l Zou.  or Zou lite.

Nah, I like Li'l Zou .

BroyledNutts

Quote from: RazrRila99 on June 06, 2017, 09:18:43 am
Saw a shirt one time that had the following:

Good Game
Good Game
F--- You
Good Game
Good Game

That about sums my feelings for MoState.  I never really gave them any thought about anything, other than a beautiful campus in a pretty neat city.  That all changed though.  I just dont like them.  I admire their "little guy" syndrome by stepping up against the "big guys", but their lack of humility (act like you been there) is what makes my skin boil. 

All the pissing match in this thread aside, I like the idea of that shirt for ARK vs MSU - find a pic of the teams "shaking" hands, maybe with a couple sour faces in it, and bingo! Instant game shirt for us vs the Brats ... Size 2XL please ...

Bearfan

Please don't ever refer to us as anything having to do with Mizzou. As much as we dislike you (and make no mistake about it, we do, although we also respect the living hell out of you and your programs), we hate Mizzou 1000 times worse.  In fact, many of us wouldn't mind seeing their campus burn to the ground. So feel free to call us a piece of sh*t,  or garbage, or anything else you wish to but please don't associate us with them in anyway. We would respectfully appreciate that.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Bearfan on June 06, 2017, 04:50:22 pm
  In fact, many of us wouldn't mind seeing their campus burn to the ground.

Well I'll be darned ... there is something we have in common ...

Pig Papi

Quote from: Bearfan on June 06, 2017, 04:50:22 pm
Please don't ever refer to us as anything having to do with Mizzou. As much as we dislike you (and make no mistake about it, we do, although we also respect the living hell out of you and your programs), we hate Mizzou 1000 times worse.  In fact, many of us wouldn't mind seeing their campus burn to the ground. So feel free to call us a piece of sh*t,  or garbage, or anything else you wish to but please don't associate us with them in anyway. We would respectfully appreciate that.

Just looking for an inside opinion from a true MO State fan.......Do you really like the uniforms you guys wear?  We spend a lot of time as Hog fans debating how our teams look.  You guys have a great team.  They earned a lot of respect this weekend.  Is what you wore this weekend your complete inventory of uniforms?

Bearfan

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 12:05:32 pm

You really don't need to run us down to make yourself feel better. In fact, it would be helpful and make a much better argument if you actually knew your facts. Pretty much everything you just said is untrue.  We haven't just strung together two or three good years, we were in the College World Series in 2003 for crying out loud.  Also, there were only a handful of players from this team that actually played in 2015. Most of our players are new to the program since then.  As for us being some kind of a directional school, I'm afraid those days are over. Missouri State  now has the same amount of students as Arkansas, 25,000.  Yes, it's true, that you play in a much larger conference than we do  but the truth is, we are just now starting to hit our stride as a university.  For example, we've only been playing baseball since 1964  with the majority of that being in Division II.  We are building first class facilities and  doing a good job positioning ourselves for the future. I'm sure that we will never have the stature of University of Arkansas, but that's OK. We are who we are and we're damn proud of it.

Bearfan

Quote from: Pig Papi on June 06, 2017, 05:02:48 pm
Just looking for an inside opinion from a true MO State fan.......Do you really like the uniforms you guys wear?  We spend a lot of time as Hog fans debating how our teams look.  You guys have a great team.  They earned a lot of respect this weekend.  Is what you wore this weekend your complete inventory of uniforms?

We have four different uniforms but the players get to choose which uniform they wish to wear for each game.  We have won a lot of games in that digital camo  that many people seem to hate but the players love it.  The look is not my favorite either but As long as we are winning, I wouldn't care if they showed up in a pair of tan slacks and loafers.

311Hog

Quote from: Bearfan on June 06, 2017, 05:06:43 pm
You really don't need to run us down to make yourself feel better. In fact, it would be helpful and make a much better argument if you actually knew your facts. Pretty much everything you just said is untrue.  We haven't just strung together two or three good years, we were in the College World Series in 2003 for crying out loud.  Also, there were only a handful of players from this team that actually played in 2015. Most of our players are new to the program since then.  As for us being some kind of a directional school, I'm afraid those days are over. Missouri State  now has the same amount of students as Arkansas, 25,000.  Yes, it's true, that you play in a much larger conference than we do  but the truth is, we are just now starting to hit our stride as a university.  For example, we've only been playing baseball since 1964  with the majority of that being in Division II.  We are building first class facilities and  doing a good job positioning ourselves for the future. I'm sure that we will never have the stature of University of Arkansas, but that's OK. We are who we are and we're damn proud of it.

man seriously

This isn't your board, i wasn't talking to you, you missed about 15 different posts in the "conversation".

Yes you went to the CWS once fourteen years ago. How many times is that going to be said? virtually everything i said is true infact because i looked it up and then posted you know later in the thread. 

I feel fine, amount of students doesn't mean shiet.  Conway has more students that the UofA what does that matter.  We don't just play in a larger conference we play in the premier conference you guys killed everyone in a conference that bares your name and has virtually no one of consideration in it. 

Take your own advice, and understand that make no mistake we don't like you, you have demonstrated virtually nothing in the way of sportsmanship in the past 2 post seasons we have encountered each other. 

If yall had won and or lost with some class maybe then we/i would actually care, but yall didn't back in 2015 and you didn't yesterday.

Bearfan

By the way, this really needs to be said. Your baseball team is something that we strive to be. You have unbelievable coaching an excellent players. We would love to be considered in the same breath with you in the future. Your Fanbase is the best in the country. Not even close! Ok,  now that I've said that, we can go back to smack talking each other.

311Hog

Quote from: Bearfan on June 06, 2017, 05:19:56 pm
By the way, this really needs to be said. Your baseball team is something that we strive to be. You have unbelievable coaching an excellent players. We would love to be considered in the same breath with you in the future. Your Fanbase is the best in the country. Not even close! Ok,  now that I've said that, we can go back to smack talking each other.

Naw im done, i made my points etc. this issue is over for me.  I will say that this brief conversation went much better than the ones i had with other bear fans that i met at the super two years ago and this weekend.  Good luck in Dallas

lc480

We don't just play in a larger conference we play in the premier conference you guys killed everyone in a conference that bares your name and has virtually no one of consideration in it.  311 hogThat statement doesn't look to good considering the fact is that they beat us 2 times on our home turf!

311Hog

Quote from: lc480 on June 06, 2017, 05:29:03 pm
We don't just play in a larger conference we play in the premier conference you guys killed everyone in a conference that bares your name and has virtually no one of consideration in it.  311 hogThat statement doesn't look to good considering the fact is that they beat us 2 times on our home turf!

sorry but you should read the rest of the post as well.  2 wins by a combined 2 runs yeah anyone can do that on any given day in the game of baseball.  And while they were off we were playing. as i said previously this year Mo State team is obviously good i never siad they weren't but there are a ton of factors they don't have to deal with, and winning this weekend does little to change that.

lc480

2 runs or 10 doesn't matter you are still beat and I did read you're whole post.

Three and Snout

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 05:15:38 pm
Conway has more students that the UofA what does that matter.

Dafuq you talking bout?

311Hog

Quote from: lc480 on June 06, 2017, 05:34:43 pm
2 runs or 10 doesn't matter you are still beat and I did read you're whole post.

btw the season series is 2-2 so when are we playing the deciding game?

311Hog

June 06, 2017, 06:16:54 pm #42 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:51:38 pm by 311Hog
Quote from: Three and Snout on June 06, 2017, 05:51:02 pm
Dafuq you talking bout?
alternative fact sir, don't be distracted
(edit I was wrong saying Conway had as many students by about half lol )

lc480

Well It want be this year as they have a date in the super regional and we are setting at home, maybe better luck next year. I still say no way should they have beat at out place since they are so terrible.

MSUDuo

MSUDuo

Quote from: Pig Papi on June 06, 2017, 05:02:48 pm

I love our jerseys. Probably the solid black and Bear head ones the most.

Freakin' love your cream jerseys as well.

SPAL

Quote from: 311Hog on June 06, 2017, 05:15:38 pm
man seriously

This isn't your board, i wasn't talking to you, you missed about 15 different posts in the "conversation".

Yes you went to the CWS once fourteen years ago. How many times is that going to be said? virtually everything i said is true infact because i looked it up and then posted you know later in the thread. 

I feel fine, amount of students doesn't mean shiet.  Conway has more students that the UofA what does that matter.  We don't just play in a larger conference we play in the premier conference you guys killed everyone in a conference that bares your name and has virtually no one of consideration in it. 

Take your own advice, and understand that make no mistake we don't like you, you have demonstrated virtually nothing in the way of sportsmanship in the past 2 post seasons we have encountered each other. 

If yall had won and or lost with some class maybe then we/i would actually care, but yall didn't back in 2015 and you didn't yesterday.

I'm not really worried about your feelings about who can post here. You are making a complete and utter fool of yourself by calling MISSOURI state a rent a win. You know very little about baseball. The guy you are arguing with seems knowledgeable.

Care to wager on who I think should post here?

Pig Papi

Quote from: Bearfan on June 06, 2017, 05:09:53 pm
We have four different uniforms but the players get to choose which uniform they wish to wear for each game.  We have won a lot of games in that digital camo  that many people seem to hate but the players love it.  The look is not my favorite either but As long as we are winning, I wouldn't care if they showed up in a pair of tan slacks and loafers.

We need you guys to be the destination of choice in your state.  Take as many players from MO as you can.  How do you think you stack up in head to head recruiting battles with Missouri?

Bearfan

We do extremely well in the state against Mizzou.
Our 2017 class just produced #4,5,6 and 10 and 4 of the top 5 pitchers in the state.  We also just added a big stick that was originally committed to Louisville.
Head to head record against them all time is 28-26 in favor of MSU.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 06, 2017, 07:15:15 pm
I love our jerseys. Probably the solid black and Bear head ones the most.

Freakin' love your cream jerseys as well.

The cream throwbacks have long been a fan favorite - just not a player favorite. When they were first made they were patterned awkwardly, and it made the uniform fit tightly, particularly under and around the arms - in fact the arms are too short in length ... I have one and can attest to that fact ... that, and they are hot AF ... they do not breathe at all.
Nike is supposedly reworking the unis, and the new version will debut next year, unless the ones they were wearing this weekend are the newer version and I don't know it.