Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over/ Under 7 wins- ESPN writers split

Started by Hogwild, May 31, 2017, 10:25:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

May 31, 2017, 10:25:04 am Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:17:10 am by Hogwild
QuoteArkansas: 7

Aschoff: Arkansas has a long way to go on both sides of the ball. Austin Allen might be the SEC's best returning quarterback, but he has an unproven receiving corps to work with. Top back Rawleigh Williams is gone, and that defense has nothing but an uphill battle in front of it. UNDER

Khan: The Razorbacks have one of the best returning QBs in the league (Allen) but they still have to improve defensively and the loss of Williams thins out the backfield some. They're shifting to a new defense and they certainly have to be a little better there than they were in 2016, right? I say they beat the total by a hair. OVER

Yet the same two writers- love the aggies & Auburn, no data provided for Ole Miss
QuoteTexas A&M: 7

Aschoff: Honestly, I'm torn on the Aggies. The quarterback battle doesn't tell me anything because any QB works with Kevin Sumlin at the helm. But receiver is concerning, as is the front seven, which lost All-World end Myles Garrett. Part of me thinks this will be an average team, but the other half thinks it will surprise a lot of people. OVER

Khan: They won't be great but they won't be bad, either. Regardless of who the quarterback is, they have enough offensive talent to score plenty. They'll miss their elite pass rushers, but have built the kind of interior defensive-line depth needed to be better against the run -- which has been their Achilles' heel. I think this is probably an eight-win ballclub. OVER

Auburn: 8

Aschoff: Here we go again. The Auburn hype is picking up because of the arrival of QB Jarrett Stidham and that defense should only be better. These Tigers are the trendy pick to push Alabama off its SEC throne and they'll come close. OVER

Khan: Assuming Stidham is as good as advertised, this team should be better offensively in the tough games than it was in 2016. I think that pushes them over last year's eight-win mark with at minimum a modest improvement to nine. OVER
http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/129300/picking-overunders-for-sec-west-team-win-totals

hawganatic

Wouldn't call that love for A&M.  Both seemed pretty luke warm about them. 

If Stidham is as advertised, they're more than justified in the Auburn love.  Malzahn has always done well when he had a quarterback that somebody else had already coached up.  It's when he has to do the coaching himself that he flounders around.  Would surpise me if they don't win 10+ games this season.

MuskogeeHogFan

May 31, 2017, 11:06:34 am #2 Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:34:47 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Hogwild on May 31, 2017, 10:25:04 am

Yet the same two writers- love the aggies & Auburn, no data provided for Ole Miss

If you are going to quote copyrighted material you need to provide a link, please.

Edit: Thank you!
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Zero excuse for us not to be at double digit wins by now.