Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reality Check

Started by Rzback, May 30, 2017, 09:54:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: hogsanity on May 30, 2017, 03:06:58 pm
Wasn't meant to be reassuring, it was meant to show all the " should have been 10 win " people that those seasons should/could have been worse.

If you remove Skipper's tripping penalty vs. AnM in 2014 you give us another win.

Sprinkle catches the perfectly thrown pass vs. Mizzou last season = another win.

I have no clue why people want to go back and take away or add wins and/or losses.  The record is what it is.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hobhog

Quote from: mhsbc59 on May 30, 2017, 11:52:56 am
If I have to read about fire in the belly and playing hard one more time on this board I swear I might just burn this whole thing down.  For those that think that just have having more passion, that the players need fire I beg beg beg to go and tell that to any current or former play please do and shut it up.

Most  board posters are wildly passionate. But only at home on a computer....

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2017, 11:03:40 am
You've got two more seasons to hold on to that hope, after that?

Im at the 'evaluate after the season' point. Ill decide where I stand after I see this season play out, and it honestly has very little to do with wins or losses. It will be how well we compete this year for me. If we hang on to leads after getting them and make the teams that beat us work their asses off to do it it will be an improvement. If we give big leads away again it will be hard to overlook what appears to be a trend. I don't blame coaches for interceptions/fumbles, but I do blame them for being incapable of slowing down other teams offenses or game planning a way to match them in scoring. We have been recruiting very well in my opinion, so I think we should have the talent around to lineup against the better teams and at the very least compete from a place of pissed off/heart/determination. Another 56-3 type loss will erode my support some.

Everyone here knows I love what CBB has done here and I defend him like he is family, but this is year 5. I really feel like we have the talent and coaching staff to hang on to leads and stop rolling over when we are overmatched. Also, I just ignore people that claim our coaches don't make adjustments when the problem is obviously players that lose focus and lose the ball because of it. 99% of the people that claim we don't make adjustments have no idea what that even means, they just know we lost a game they wanted to win really bad.

I'm not going to say I think we have a great year this year, but I am hoping we have a great year. Losing our best RB is going to hurt and there was nothing the coaching staff could have done to prevent that. Fortunately, it is a position we have been recruiting very well.

gchamblee

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 30, 2017, 11:16:36 am
it's crazy. and the last two are just baffling. I mean, THAT MISSOURI game, are you freaking kidding me? Everyone in the world new they were going 4 wide , all-streaks and it just worked over and over again. How dafugg do you allow a team to hail mary you to death like you are playing Madden against your Mom or something!?@!!

How do you stop them when their receivers are faster/better than your dbs? Seriously, you guys act like the coach can turn up the speed on our players lmao. When they can ran past you even if you are given a head start, they can pretty much do whatever they want. The only way to stop it is pressure the QB and we had a potato for a DC last year. I find it funny that something so simple baffles you haha.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 03:42:50 pm
How do you stop them when their receivers are faster/better than your dbs? Seriously, you guys act like the coach can turn up the speed on our players lmao. When they can ran past you even if you are given a head start, they can pretty much do whatever they want. The only way to stop it is pressure the QB and we had a potato for a DC last year. I find it funny that something so simple baffles you haha.

We've consistently out-recruited Mizzou, it was their first year under a new HC, and they were AWFUL (3-8 going into that game against us.)

I'm not sure that's the defense I'd use.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 30, 2017, 11:32:15 am
yeah. A head coach that breathes fire into our men, cowers cheating refs, and has his team play with the pride and passion we expect of our razorbacks.

Can you point out the frequency of a ref being seriously caught cheating? When we the last time an SEC ref was busted for cheating? Also, I think I would prefer a coach that just coaches our players up and has them prepared for the game/in position/football IQ (CBB is fine in this department). Can you point out the players by name that haven't shown pride/passion about the games recently? Any at all in the last few years? You said that like it is a problem under CBB and it has never been a problem under CBB. Are you one of the posters that just makes crap up to complain about?

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 30, 2017, 12:59:20 pm
Amazing how they have built it, continue to build it, but nothing to show for it on the field. $ apparently never an issue regardless of the product put on the field.

SEC TV contract.  Everybody gets the same amount.  That plus a lot of wealthy donors in the state.  You couldn't lose money running the athletic department at Arkansas if you tried.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogsanity on May 30, 2017, 03:08:32 pm
and this is where someone says " well he never really got close to winning the sec/could not beat the teams he had to beat to get to the top/put himself above the program/lied to the administration/ "  and then it turns into the same thread we've had 1000 times.

Naa the people who refuse to acknowledge that will never have their minds changed. Im cool with that. Let them pine for the good old days when we got dominated by the upper tier teams but looked so good scoring on the subpar teams (except when we struggled against them too).

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 03:46:21 pm
We've consistently out-recruited Mizzou, it was their first year under a new HC, and they were AWFUL (3-8 going into that game against us.)

I'm not sure that's the defense I'd use.

So, you're saying we were able to pressure their QB and their receivers weren't noticeably faster than our Dbs?

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 03:54:44 pm
Naa the people who refuse to acknowledge that will never have their minds changed. Im cool with that. Let them pine for the good old days when we got dominated by the upper tier teams but looked so good scoring on the subpar teams (except when we struggled against them too).

As opposed to losing to the subpar teams?
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 03:56:39 pm
As opposed to losing to the subpar teams?

Ya Petrino never struggled against those :)

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 03:54:44 pm

BP had to go. No doubt about that.

But I really wish Coach B could one day duplicate Bobby Petrino's success here.
10 or 11 wins with no silly losses like Toledo and Texas Tech at home will do just fine.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 03:56:27 pm
So, you're saying we were able to pressure their QB and their receivers weren't noticeably faster than our Dbs?

I'm saying Missouri was a terrible football team under a first year HC, and that we've consistently out-recruited them.  Do with that what you will.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 03:57:57 pm
Ya Petrino never struggled against those :)

Winning > losing
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 03:58:29 pm
I'm saying Missouri was a terrible football team under a first year HC, and that we've consistently out-recruited them.  Do with that what you will.

That's all fine and well, but has nothing to do with the fact that their undervalued receivers were noticeably faster than our DBs and our DL couldnt pressure their QB. I guess just keep being baffled even though the answer is really simple.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 03:59:37 pm
Winning > losing

Having a chance against the best teams > feeding on the middle of the pack and having no chance against the great teams.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 03:59:55 pm
That's all fine and well, but has nothing to do with the fact that their undervalued receivers were noticeably faster than our DBs and our DL couldnt pressure their QB. I guess just keep being baffled even though the answer is really simple.

I'm not baffled at all.  Underachieving coach/staff underachieved. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:01:27 pm
Having a chance against the best teams > feeding on the middle of the pack and having no chance against the great teams.

I'll take the wins.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:01:27 pm

Because making an 8-5 Auburn team look like the 90s Dallas Cowboys is what we want.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:02:54 pm
I'll take the wins.

I know you would. You'd be happy with 10-2 and never having a chance against those 2. I'd like to improve and have a chance at 12-0. But hey, I am one of those fans that settles for mediocrity :)

Wildhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 30, 2017, 04:07:23 pm
Because making an 8-5 Auburn team look like the 90s Dallas Cowboys is what we want.

Right?  We can't even "feed on the middle of the pack."
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 30, 2017, 04:07:23 pm

Show me a single poster on this board that was happy with that. I dare you. I beg you. Please, just one.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:07:36 pm
I know you would. You'd be happy with 10-2 and never having a chance against those 2. I'd like to improve and have a chance at 12-0. But hey, I am one of those fans that settles for mediocrity :)

12-0, lol.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:08:14 pm
Right?  We can't even "feed on the middle of the pack."

If this season doesn't pan out and I stop supporting CBB, my biggest regret will be being associated with fans like yourself.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:08:35 pm
Show me a single poster on this board that was happy with that. I dare you. I beg you. Please, just one.

Based on your comments, you.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:10:24 pm
If this season doesn't pan out and I stop supporting CBB, my biggest regret will be being associated with fans like yourself.

I know I'm right when the personal attacks start.  :)

We'll welcome you to the dark side, though.  Don't worry.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:08:41 pm
12-0, lol.

You laugh, but if we can beat bama/lsu in the same year, which CBB has come closer than Petrino did, and beat all the other teams on our schedule, it would be the final result. To beat bama/lsu you have to have a good defense and an excellent play caller/offense. I have no concerns about our offensive abilities and it looks like CBB is doing what needs to be done to get our defense up to snuff. 12-0 seasons just happen and you don't usually see them coming unless you're bama.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:13:33 pm
You laugh, but if we can beat bama/lsu in the same year, which CBB has come closer than Petrino did, and beat all the other teams on our schedule, it would be the final result. To beat bama/lsu you have to have a good defense and an excellent play caller/offense. I have no concerns about our offensive abilities and it looks like CBB is doing what needs to be done to get our defense up to snuff. 12-0 seasons just happen and you don't usually see them coming unless you're bama.

2010 was pretty darn close.

But if you're happy with 7-5 seasons, more power to you. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

God I hate you people. But dammit if I'm not addicted to you. You complete me.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 30, 2017, 04:11:57 pm
Based on your comments, you.

So you can't. It's fine, I knew you couldn't.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 30, 2017, 10:45:45 am
Every time we go through a lull in football success, we are told to just accept it and deal with it.
I can deal with the 7-8 win seasons. Most likely it is what we are.

What I have an issue with is in 2015 when we are stocked with very talented players and we reel off an 8-5 with wins at Tennessee, at Ole miss, at LSU but losses to Toledo and Texas Tech.
2015 should have been a 9 or 10 win season.   

I do like Coach B and I hope it works out with him but the early questionable 2015 losses combined with the many 2nd half collapses tells us we can do better.
I can deal with 7 wins if everybody else has 7 wins but when we have just a few teams dominating every year it is frustrating.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:14:21 pm
2010 was pretty darn close.

But if you're happy with 7-5 seasons, more power to you.

I can show you the numbers if it would change your perspective, but I am not going to go through the trouble if you're just gonna ignore them and hang on to your desire to always lose to saban and split with lsu.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:13:33 pm

You act as if Bielema was more successful here than Petrino.

Some of the most fun Ive ever had as a Razorback fan came in 10 and 11 when we finished in the top 5.

I think (hope) Bielema will finally put something together. But lets not act like he's better than Petrino was just yet.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:17:05 pm
I can show you the numbers if it would change your perspective, but I am not going to go through the trouble if you're just gonna ignore them and hang on to your desire to always lose to saban and split with lsu.

I'd love to split with LSU.  And I've pretty much accepted that we'll never beat Saban. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:12:50 pm
I know I'm right when the personal attacks start.  :)

We'll welcome you to the dark side, though.  Don't worry.

That wasn't a personal attack, it was a proclamation that I will dread standing on the same side of the line with irrational blowhards that never gave the man a chance.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:19:00 pm
That wasn't a personal attack, it was a proclamation that I will dread standing on the same side of the line with irrational blowhards that never gave the man a chance.

I absolutely gave the man a chance. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 30, 2017, 04:17:29 pm

Some of the most fun Ive ever had as a Razorback fan came in 10 and 11 when we finished in the top 5.

I think (hope) Bielema will finally put something together. But lets not act like he's better than Petrino was just yet.

Hey I was just as proud of that top 5 ranking as you were, but we were not a top 5 team. We got destroyed by the great teams we played. We were so no  top 5 team, but at least we got the ranking. Me, personally, I would love to actually be a top 5 team that nobody could destroy.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:21:32 pm
Hey I was just as proud of that top 5 ranking as you were, but we were not a top 5 team. We got destroyed by the great teams we played. We were so no  top 5 team, but at least we got the ranking. Me, personally, I would love to actually be a top 5 team that nobody could destroy.

No one destroyed that 2010 team. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:18:33 pm
I'd love to split with LSU.  And I've pretty much accepted that we'll never beat Saban.

If not for a fumble at the 1 yard line we would have already beaten them once under CBB. It is not impossible.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:23:23 pm
If not for a fumble at the 1 yard line we would have already beaten them once under CBB. It is not impossible.

And we damn near beat them in 2007 and 2010, too.  Horseshoes and hand grenades and whatnot.
1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:19:00 pm

So once you decide he's not the man for the job that viewpoint will be rational, but the people who realized the same thing earlier will still be irrational.  They don't get to be rational until you decide it's rational.  Makes perfect sense in a totally egocentric way.

gchamblee

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:25:44 pm
Auburn did.

You clearly didn't watch that game.  That was a slug fest.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 30, 2017, 04:25:33 pm
So once you decide he's not the man for the job that viewpoint will be rational, but the people who realized the same thing earlier will still be irrational.  They don't get to be rational until you decide it's rational.  Makes perfect sense in a totally egocentric way.

Nope. There are rational posters here that have been done with him before this point. You aren't one of them, but there are some.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:26:15 pm

I still have it on my computer and watch it from time to time. Tyler Wilson became a man that day. We still got destroyed.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on May 30, 2017, 04:27:27 pm
I still have it on my computer and watch it from time to time. Tyler Wilson became a man that day. We still got destroyed.

In no way, shape, or form is that, "getting destroyed."   If not for some horrific calls, that game could have easily turned out differently. 

Easily.

Also, Nick Fairley is a doosh canoe.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:26:15 pm

Also, you don't get beat by 20+ points in a slugfest.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on May 30, 2017, 04:28:31 pm
In no way, shape, or form is that, "getting destroyed."   If not for some horrific calls, that game could have easily turned out differently. 

Easily.

Also, Nick Fairley is a doosh canoe.

So it was the refs fault? And yes, NF is trash.

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on May 30, 2017, 03:06:58 pm
Wasn't meant to be reassuring, it was meant to show all the " should have been 10 win " people that those seasons should/could have been worse.

Probably can find a play or two to make it a better record, you earn what you get, simple as that.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 30, 2017, 04:17:29 pm

I'll act like he's a better person.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.