Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athlon Pre-season SEC Football 2017 All-Conference Team

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 26, 2017, 10:49:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bob slydell

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 30, 2017, 03:49:06 pm
Oklahoma gave up 514 yards to TCU and won by 6 points. The same Oklahoma that beat Auburn 35-19 and allowed them just 339 total yards. So no, not really much an indication. TCU was a lot like us last year. A better team than the record indicated that was a bit "schizo" all season long. They either played great or they played unlike the team that they could have been last season. Probably not the best example.

You illustrated perfectly why the TCU game would be a good indication as to how we would fare in the B12.  If OU gave up many more yards to B12 schools than they did to an SEC school, wouldn't it stand to reason that Arkansas (or any other) would have a similar uptick in yards allowed to B12 schools?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bob Slydell on May 31, 2017, 07:06:00 am
You illustrated perfectly why the TCU game would be a good indication as to how we would fare in the B12.  If OU gave up many more yards to B12 schools than they did to an SEC school, wouldn't it stand to reason that Arkansas (or any other) would have a similar uptick in yards allowed to B12 schools?

Maybe not with regard to TCU because as I said, you couldn't ever figure which team was going to show up and play. The team that played up to their potential, or the team that was off their game for whatever reason in another week? Vs. Wva-300 yards, Vs. Okla State-343 yards, Vs. Kansas (Kansas of all teams) just 366 yards. See what I mean?
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Who are the two quarterbacks that are supposedly better than Allen?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 31, 2017, 08:50:28 am
At what?  Running?

Not necessarily. For Stidham it is probably all about projected potential and talent surrounding him, though he hasn't played a single game in the SEC yet. His last season at Baylor he was 75 of 109 (68.8%) for 1265 yards, 12 TD's and just 2 INT's in limited action (3 starts).

For Hurts, well part of that has to be attributed to winning the SEC and playing in the CFB CG and then there is his passing stats from last season, 240 of 382 (62.8%) for 2780 yards, 23 TD's and 9 INT's (14 starts) while also rushing 191 times for 904 yards.

I can understand Hurts, Stidham not so much.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman