Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC APR scores

Started by Al Boarland, May 10, 2017, 01:13:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Boarland

factchecker

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 10, 2017, 01:13:48 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/sec-football-apr-scores-2016?

What a coincidence BUT you might want to retitle your thread seeing that this article is about SEC football APR scores.  As low as we are in the football APR rankings we are finally moving up.  We broke a record for the highest overall football APR (966) in the history of the Razorback football program.

https://twitter.com/jefflongUA/status/862360551812476928
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

39 Footballers picked up one of these last week.  39 on the SEC Academic Honor Roll is a school record and ranks highest in the SEC.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Glad we're breaking our own records, but we're still 10th in the SEC
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 10, 2017, 01:36:27 pm

You've got to know where we came from:

Football recently had the most academic honor roll members in the SEC:

https://twitter.com/GridironNow/status/697457283266121728

Which is better than this:

https://twitter.com/MrSEC/status/1164006943
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

Proper perspective brought to you by factchecker. When it absolutely, positively, has to beat down trolls.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

factchecker

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 10, 2017, 02:10:37 pm
Proper perspective brought to you by factchecker. When it absolutely, positively, has to beat down trolls.

The biggest thing people need to know is this:

It's not an insult or a slap in the face of the fans when that athletic department post these academic success stories.  You can be proud of these achievements while being unhappy with our on field performance.

It's not an either/or situation for me.  I want it all.  Academic success, quality human beings on and off the field, and championships.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 03:28:55 pm
I agree with you on all points but all of this crap is misleading at best.  The honor roll stuff is being brought up because there are still 7 SEC FB programs with a better APR!  So we are middling on the field and middling in the classroom.  What's UNCOMMON about that???!!!!!!  Time for some changes up top!

Pull your head out and read the tweet that says 40 Hog football players made academic honor roll. More than any other member institution.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: factchecker on May 10, 2017, 02:50:13 pm
The biggest thing people need to know is this:

It's not an insult or a slap in the face of the fans when that athletic department post these academic success stories.  You can be proud of these achievements while being unhappy with our on field performance.

It's not an either/or situation for me.  I want it all.  Academic success, quality human beings on and off the field, and championships.

Oh I get it. The only problem I have is with the asshats that Google "Arkansas Razorbacks Football" every two minutes looking for a negative take to bring forward.

I swear to God a couple of those idiots post garbage so fast and furious they have to be on someone's payroll.

Talking about YOU, Al.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 10, 2017, 03:56:41 pm
Oh I get it. The only problem I have is with the asshats that Google "Arkansas Razorbacks Football" every two minutes looking for a negative take to bring forward.

I swear to God a couple of those idiots post garbage so fast and furious they have to be on someone's payroll.

Talking about YOU, Al.

Your opinion is well received.  I will continue to share articles that project the upcoming season or other relevant news.  If you have some that shine a brighter light feel free to share them. 

LZH

I must have missed Long's tweets congratulating @RazorbackFB for an outstanding 7-6 season.

factchecker

Quote from: LZH on May 10, 2017, 04:04:10 pm
I must have missed Long's tweets congratulating @RazorbackFB for an outstanding 7-6 season.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 10, 2017, 03:58:53 pm
Your opinion is well received.  I will continue to share articles that project the upcoming season or other relevant news.  If you have some that shine a brighter light feel free to share them.

Pfft. I noticed you dropped the ball on Pete Funiak's more positive article. How convenient.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on May 10, 2017, 04:04:10 pm

Because it wasn't outstanding, why would he?

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on May 10, 2017, 04:08:43 pm
Because it wasn't outstanding, why would he?

Surely you don't think I would pass up an easy cheap shot like that....?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:08:53 pm
No, you pull your head out!  Congrats to them that made the honor roll but the bottom line is the teams APR is 8th among member institutions!  So tell me what's UNCOMMON about that?  NOTHING!  BB is producing a middling team on the field and there's nothing special about his teams APR!  EIGTH! 
Must have missed this one.  Best in program history, and steadily rising.

Go kick rocks.

Quote from: factchecker on May 10, 2017, 01:26:05 pm

https://twitter.com/jefflongUA/status/862360551812476928

All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Why do you jackholes get so verclempt about success in the classroom?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:08:53 pm
No, you pull your head out!  Congrats to them that made the honor roll but the bottom line is the teams APR is 8th among member institutions!  So tell me what's UNCOMMON about that?  NOTHING!  BB is producing a middling team on the field and there's nothing special about his teams APR!  EIGTH!

Nothing special about misspelling "guantlet" 162 times in one thread either, genius.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 10, 2017, 04:12:55 pm
Nothing special about misspelling "guantlet" 162 times in one thread either, genius.
He spelled "guantlet" correctly.  It's "gauntlet" he can't wrap his head around.
All Gas, No Brakes!

factchecker

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:16:41 pm
I don't look for negatives about Hog football but when Long publishes stuff back slapping BB about Hog Football in the classroom and it just so happens to come the same day as teams who can make a bowl with 5-7 records because of APR and we sit at an Earth shattering 8 in the conference, i'm sorry, I'm not excited!  I don't believe in participation trophies and threw every one my sons received in the garbage!  UA IS NOT Vandy and should NEVER want to be!

You are pathetic.

Jeff Long tweeted nothing..... N-O-T-H-I-N-G about himself.

The tweets were congratulating the STUDENT athletes on their accomplishments.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LZH

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 10, 2017, 04:12:19 pm

It makes us look bad.....real football teams have miserable grades.

Hawgar The Horrible

I don't look for negatives about Hog football but when Long publishes stuff back slapping BB about Hog Football in the classroom and it just so happens to come the same day as teams who can make a bowl with 5-7 records because of APR and we sit at an Earth shattering 8 in the conference, i'm sorry, I'm not excited!  I don't believe in participation trophies and threw every one my sons received in the garbage!  UA IS NOT Vandy and should NEVER want to be!

Judging from the exclamation marks you look pretty excited to me. LMAO

factchecker

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 10, 2017, 04:12:19 pm

They hate anything related to academics.

"Dat dam Berlema and Yankee Long are too worried about dem dam book learnin.  Spit.  To much medicortityt acceptn loosers. Spit.  I don't beliven dem dam participachin trophies.  Dey need to purpare for the guantlet of da SEC dam it."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

I don't believe in participation trophies and threw every one my sons received in the garbage!  UA IS NOT Vandy and should NEVER want to be!

We actually have a father of a current Razorback football player who posted on this thread.  He's pretty proud of son and his academic achievements.  That is a good father.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

I don't believe in participation trophies and threw every one my sons received in the garbage!

So you want to tell RWIII not to be proud of his academic achievements?

https://twitter.com/The3rdRawleigh/status/859540624600694789
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogHomer

This thread proves to me that no matter what CBB does short of winning 3 NCs in a row some fans will NEVER accept him or JL as long as they are employed at the UofA. Pretty sad people have this much hate or negative energy in their heart that they have to ruin a thread about the accomplishments of our players.

wikipedia brown

what the heck is an iphone col?

Hogwild

Since it is a running average it speaks about two things, first the hole that CBB has had to dig our team out of with regard to the school's APR.  CBB is doing a great job in that area.
Secondly it also speaks to the deep hole that Long allowed to occur in the first six years in his tenure.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:31:43 pm
You sir, are usually one of the HV members I pay any real attention to on HV because you seem to be unbiased and speak with facts, but if you think me stating a fact was pathetic, then it is you who are actually pathetic.  I said congrats to the young men but simply stated that there is zero on here to bloviate about when 7 member institutions achieved an overall higher APR score than UA.  It's all in a days work sir, nothing special, but when the program is nothing special, I guess grasping at straws has value.

Colonel my ass. You have no more mental capacity than my 17 YO son.

RazorPiggie

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:44:45 pm
And I am happy for the father and proud of his son, just as I am proud of mine who received his pre-med degree at UA, graduated with honors, and had acceptance to attend the top medical schools in the country.  Sorry, but if it is on a sports message board, it's free game and I still contend that as a program, UA football is mediocre on the field and 8th in total APR in the classroom within the conference!  Young men have always made the honor roll at UA while playing FB and always will but that does not separate anything BB is doing up there from anything 7 other coaches in the SEC are doing better.  It's not an insult to ANY young man, it's simply a fact and reflection of the focus of CFB programs across the country.  Again, it was posted here, on a sports message board, and I'm comparing apples with apples from a sports standpoint.

Get a DNA test performed on your son. He ain't yours.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LZH

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:47:43 pm
Not true sir, Bama's APR is higher than ours.  I think they qualify as a REAL FB team.  Jus saying.

You totally ruined my gag.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on May 10, 2017, 04:52:52 pm
https://twitter.com/hawgbald/status/699446941449478145

Sure seems like a nice upturn and trend, I can't see how anyone would belittle those achievements.

RazorPiggie

Wellllll

This thread has turned to crap.

bennyl08

Quote from: Hogwild on May 10, 2017, 04:41:42 pm
Since it is a running average it speaks about two things, first the hole that CBB has had to dig our team out of with regard to the school's APR.  CBB is doing a great job in that area.
Secondly it also speaks to the deep hole that Long allowed to occur in the first six years in his tenure.

Not really. When Petrino was here, we were seeing the same results of a steadily improving APR and new records in academic success. With Bielema, he is continuing and expanding that success to have it continue to reach new levels. Really, it shows how bad things were under Nutt academically that were were breaking records of APR under Petrino and now those records are being broken.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on May 10, 2017, 04:58:01 pm
Sure seems like a nice upturn and trend, I can't see how anyone would belittle those achievements.

They know two things... Improvements are being made and their window to oust CBB is rapidly closing. Panic time. 

edt

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 10, 2017, 03:46:41 pm
Pull your head out and read the tweet that says 40 Hog football players made academic honor roll. More than any other member institution.
Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 03:28:55 pm
I agree with you on all points but all of this crap is misleading at best.  The honor roll stuff is being brought up because there are still 7 SEC FB programs with a better APR!  So we are middling on the field and middling in the classroom.  What's UNCOMMON about that???!!!!!!  Time for some changes up top!
Quit trying to derail this thread troll. Go back under your rock and stay there.

a0ashle

This is why we can't have nice things.

gchamblee

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:44:45 pm
And I am happy for the father and proud of his son, just as I am proud of mine who received his pre-med degree at UA, graduated with honors, and had acceptance to attend the top medical schools in the country.  Sorry, but if it is on a sports message board, it's free game and I still contend that as a program, UA football is mediocre on the field and 8th in total APR in the classroom within the conference!  Young men have always made the honor roll at UA while playing FB and always will but that does not separate anything BB is doing up there from anything 7 other coaches in the SEC are doing better.  It's not an insult to ANY young man, it's simply a fact and reflection of the focus of CFB programs across the country.  Again, it was posted here, on a sports message board, and I'm comparing apples with apples from a sports standpoint.

My guess is, your son that did all that work and achieved so much in his life would be pretty embarrassed if he knew his dad was on the internet mocking student athletes for their accomplishments. Afterall, he understands the work and dedication that goes into these types of achievements.

RazrRila99

One thing being left out here is the type of programs these student athletes are enrolled. 

Take Brooks Ellis, pre-med; RWIII, Business (dual); etc.  I would like to see the percentage of players with "meaningful" degree paths between the programs.  Meaningful:  Education, Business, Medical, etc; Non-Meaningful: basket weaving, general studies, liberal arts, etc.

Thats my opinion and my opinion only.  BTW, how hard are the kinesiology programs that so many athletes go for? 

LZH

NotSoFastMyFriend

SEC Academic Honor Roll and continued APR improvements are recruiting tools. Really good ones. The kind of tools that can help a coaching staff recruit their way to bigger and better results on the field. Agree or disagree?

247Hog

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on May 10, 2017, 06:10:28 pm
SEC Academic Honor Roll and continued APR improvements are recruiting tools. Really good ones. The kind of tools that can help a coaching staff recruit their way to bigger and better results on the field. Agree or disagree?

The same people bitching this isn't anything special are the same people that would be bitching we don't take academics seriously if we didn't show improvement. Must be a miserable life being so negative and trying to bring other people down with you.

CONGRATS to all student athletes for excelling in the classroom. Way to represent the University and State!  :razorback: :razorback:
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Al Boarland

Quote from: 247Hog on May 10, 2017, 07:03:22 pm
The same people bitching this isn't anything special are the same people that would be bitching we don't take academics seriously if we didn't show improvement. Must be a miserable life being so negative and trying to bring other people down with you.

CONGRATS to all student athletes for excelling in the classroom. Way to represent the University and State!  :razorback: :razorback:

No way to argue the Acedemic Honor Roll isn't a positive.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 10, 2017, 04:44:46 pm
No way Auburn is #2
just check out the majors offered by the Plainsmen...they would even make the most ardent of preferred admissions blush with pride
The long Grey line will never fail our country.